Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Zoom stock is doing very well....

I only have 2 measly shares, but you guys really made a big stink staying it's stupid to have them. So far it's pretty greta.

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

I only have 2 measly shares, but you guys really made a big stink staying it's stupid to have them. So far it's pretty greta.

Have you made almost as much as Pelosi's daughter?  She has made over 10 million. 

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Have you made almost as much as Pelosi's daughter?  She has made over 10 million. 

Lol, I've made like $400 off of the 2 I have.

I am not buying any more stock. It was fun until I realized I don’t know what I’m doing. Besides, I don’t have a lot of money to play with...

22 minutes ago, peenie said:

I am not buying any more stock. It was fun until I realized I don’t know what I’m doing. Besides, I don’t have a lot of money to play with...

Quit playing and begin investing. Get into 1 or 2 good mutual funds and add a fixed amount every month. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, peenie said:

Did you read the book I recommended yet?  It's not sexy but it's the best way for the average investor to invest.

I'm buying uhaul.

I recommended the stock. You bought and then were unsure because it is risky. The stock has taken off since then, but it could have just as easily crapped out. You are probably sitting on a huge profit, so you might consider keeping it for a year to have it be a long-term cap gain instead of short-term. 

In the meantime, I recommend that people starting out with not a lot of money to risk go with index funds that have low expenses. Set my oldest up with eTrade and have him putting money into QQQ and SPY. Just don't watch the market for a while. :lol: