Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Le'Veon Bell

With all the injuries this season, Bell has been dropped in a couple of 12-teamers so that owners can field a starting lineup. 

NYJ's are a hot mess, to say the least, and Bell almost certainly has nothing but 8/9-man fronts to look forward to upon his return in a couple of weeks. Not to mention, he was pretty much garbage last season. However, he does have credentials and is only 28 years old.....and with the money that he is being paid, you would think that the will feed him all that he can handle.

Anybody holding or buying as a potential flex/bye-week filler?

Is he a season-winner?  No.

Should he be on the wire in 12 team leagues?  Again, no.

That's not to say he should necessarily be on YOUR team, either--you may have a stout bench.  But some team somewhere in a 12 teamer is rostering someone who shouldn't be rostered over Bell.

Yeah, if someone dropped him in my league I’d drop scrubby Ronald Jones for him in a NY minute...

2 hours ago, stonewall said:

With all the injuries this season, Bell has been dropped in a couple of 12-teamers so that owners can field a starting lineup. 

NYJ's are a hot mess, to say the least, and Bell almost certainly has nothing but 8/9-man fronts to look forward to upon his return in a couple of weeks. Not to mention, he was pretty much garbage last season. However, he does have credentials and is only 28 years old.....and with the money that he is being paid, you would think that the will feed him all that he can handle.

Anybody holding or buying as a potential flex/bye-week filler?

Bought, have him sitting deep on the bench. 

I don’t even need him, but why not stock up after he was dropped. 

It's kind of an interesting situation, because it's possible that your typical fantasy owner may not be savvy on the new IR rules yet.  They see someone is put on IR and they think he's basically done for the season--when now it's just 3 weeks.

So there may be some players dropped that shouldn't be dropped, just as a knee-jerk reaction to an IR designation.

A lot of fantasy leagues have an extra IR slot this year, too, so it's not that hard to stash a solid player for 3 weeks.

I wouldn’t want to start him, but with all the injuries already I could see where a team needed to start him, or will need to. He’s a fine depth piece. Also, maybe Gase will get canned half way through the year which would boost his value 

😆😆

Remember when he was considered the top overall guy in fantasy football?

RBs die a painful death

5 minutes ago, polecatt said:

In 2014?

Six years is a long time in the shelf life of an NFL RB.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

In 2014?

Six years is a long time in the shelf life of an NFL RB.

Yes it is, then again it's hard to say he's been alive since his last season in Pittsburgh.

I guess last season he was an okay guy to have on the bench, if you don't need to start him often.

He sat out the year before and this season, looks like it's gonna be between IR and ineffective

10 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

I wouldn’t want to start him, but with all the injuries already I could see where a team needed to start him, or will need to. He’s a fine depth piece. Also, maybe Gase will get canned half way through the year which would boost his value 

Agreed, simply depth. 

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

😆😆

RBs die a painful death

He was all about the money.  Once he got paid it was over.  He has no heart 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

He was all about the money.  Once he got paid it was over.  He has no heart 

The funny thing about that is, he probably ended up screwing himself out about $15 million or so

Yeah rb3 flex spot , that about it for Bell.  

You don't want this guy rostered, you might accidentally put him in the starting lineup. Not worth the risk.

4 hours ago, Reality said:

You don't want this guy rostered, you might accidentally put him in the starting lineup. Not worth the risk.

As the season goes forward, and more injuries start to build up, having a rb that’s the rb1 on any team could be a benefit, I did pick him up put him on ir , he’ll sit until or if I need him.  

His career is pretty much over. He's gone from the Jets after the season but who needs him? The RB position is pretty full. A few sucky teams have openings but no contenders. 

HOU, MIA not much else.  

What happens to Bell after this season, only God knows, not concern about after this season, just the current one. N

I picked Bell up off of waivers.  I might have over spent with a 30% bid but we will see.  The best case would be that NYJ loses on Thursday to a UDFA QB, the NYJ offense is exposed on a dreadful nationally televised game and the ownership fires Gase.   

15 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

You think he would out produce Gibson?

Gibson? Maybe not. But that might be a fair expectation for Bell. He should get the load. Gore has proven he's done and the Jets have little else. Gase will hate to admit, but they need Bell.

If he passes through waivers, and he might because my league may be done with him, I may add him as a 5th RB.  But I wouldn't like it.  I'm not wasting a waiver on him

Yeap I agree, a rb4-5.