Sign in to follow this  
tecklc2112

Julio Owners - What are your plans?

I absolutely hate inserting game-time decision WRs into my lineup...They rarely seem to put up meaningful stats, no matter how high-caliber they are. Couple that with the formidable Chicago D & a perfectly capable teammate in Ridley to be the go-to guy. So fellow Julio owners, who are you playing over Julio this weekend? I'm also a Chark owner, so I'm down to Mike Williams or Emmanuel Sanders to play over Julio. 

If he plays I am playing him, if he’s out my only other option is Jerry Jeudy. Julio has a history of playing well while hurt. This is a must win for Atlanta...

Rookie Jeudy looks to be a game time decision also, and Lock is out.  

To the OP , no Jones I would start M Williams.  

But I would keep Jones in the lineup until he’s listed out.  

He has a history of production even when’ he’s on the injury list, and he’s on the injury list every week. 

28 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Rookie Jeudy looks to be a game time decision also, and Lock is out.  

To the OP , no Jones I would start M Williams.  

But I would keep Jones in the lineup until he’s listed out.  

He has a history of production even when’ he’s on the injury list, and he’s on the injury list every week. 

Jeudy had a full practice today, it's looking very likely he plays

I know he's not Julio Jones, but I don't think he's a bad guy to roll the dice with, he'll be their top WR with Courtland Sutton out.

Jeudy has put up respectable numbers so far, especially for a rookie WR in his first two games. I think he's ready for a break out game, could be this week

51 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Jeudy had a full practice today, it's looking very likely he plays

I know he's not Julio Jones, but I don't think he's a bad guy to roll the dice with, he'll be their top WR with Courtland Sutton out.

Jeudy has put up respectable numbers so far, especially for a rookie WR in his first two games. I think he's ready for a break out game, could be this week

If he playes I would roll with him, everything I’m reading , is saying that the Broncos Head Coach is calling for him to be a game time decision.  

But if he’s good to go, start him over another player that’s a game time decision is the right choice.  

But a rookie wr playing with the back up Qb might be trouble. 

Good luck with this decision. 

Thanks. 

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

If he playes I would roll with him, everything I’m reading , is saying that the Broncos Head Coach is calling for him to be a game time decision.  

But if he’s good to go, start him over another player that’s a game time decision is the right choice.  

But a rookie wr playing with the back up Qb might be trouble. 

Good luck with this decision. 

Thanks. 

I think he'll play barring a setback. A full practice on Friday is always a good sign.

I have him and CeeDee Lamb as my two top WRs on my dynasty team.

Lamb kind of broke out last week with a 100 yard game, and I really think he keeps going this week, and for the rest of the season.

I think Jeudy is ready to step it up too and be a regular guy you can count on in your lineup each week at least as a flex.

I've had Julio on my roster in one league since his roookie season in 2011.  We get to keep any 2 rookies we draft for as long as we want until we drop or trade and then the next year draft other rookies to keep.  It is very rare that anyone in this league hangs on to a player this long.  

Rollin with Corey Davis and Jerry Jeudy as my WRs this week (Julio and AJ were my starters). Good Times!

I picked up gage and am playing him.  Also got Valdez scandling in case Adams is a no go

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What would Julio's trade value be right now?

Hello, good to see you once again, I hope everyone is healthy. 

Depends on when he going to play again, I think it’s really up in the air, I think of you are a owner of Jones, all you can do is shop. 

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hello, good to see you once again, I hope everyone is healthy. 

Depends on when he going to play again, I think it’s really up in the air, I think of you are a owner of Jones, all you can do is shop. 

I wish I could say that everyone I know has been healthy but it's been a terrible year for that.  At least my wife, kids and myself have been healthy so far.

I'm hoping I can pawn Jones off on someone because I just don't know if he's going to be worth keeping.  I offered someone Jones and Melvin Gordon for Hopkins but he never replied to it.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I wish I could say that everyone I know has been healthy but it's been a terrible year for that.  At least my wife, kids and myself have been healthy so far.

I'm hoping I can pawn Jones off on someone because I just don't know if he's going to be worth keeping.  I offered someone Jones and Melvin Gordon for Hopkins but he never replied to it.

CBS trade value chart has Julio as wr 19 in value, similar in a one-on-one deal to Todd Gurley, Mostert, and Montgomery for RB's...

Yeah but good luck getting Mostert and Gurley for Jones, I think Montgomery could be.  

Any thoughts on trading him for Robby Anderson.  If the other person bases their opinion on where they drafted him and what the trade evaluator shows on Yahoo, it looks like a lopsided trade in their favor.  I think Anderson is the better player in the better situation based on what I've seen so far.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Any thoughts on trading him for Robby Anderson.  If the other person bases their opinion on where they drafted him and what the trade evaluator shows on Yahoo, it looks like a lopsided trade in their favor.  I think Anderson is the better player in the better situation based on what I've seen so far.

Based on what you've seen so far of course. Julio hasn't been healthy. If he does get healthy, just be prepared for watching him have his 10 catch 160 yard games...

Just now, jrokh said:

Based on what you've seen so far of course. Julio hasn't been healthy. If he does get healthy, just be prepared for watching him have his 10 catch 160 yard games...

I know he'll have some of those games but I need someone to count on.  Hard to trust Julio this season.  At least Anderson has shown he can be consistent so far.

Is there a better player that can be had?

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I know he'll have some of those games but I need someone to count on.  Hard to trust Julio this season.  At least Anderson has shown he can be consistent so far.

Is there a better player that can be had?

Maybe, I don't know what your leaguemates would offer. Put him on the block and see if any offers come back, although if it was me I'd wait till he has a good game and then do it...

30 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No question, from what we’ve seen, production is better then no production. 

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Going to see if a straight up trade for Mike Evans will work.

I can’t see the Evans owner being interested, I think you’ll have more luck with the Anderson owner. 

Just now, weepaws said:

I can’t see the Evans owner being interested, I think you’ll have more luck with the Anderson owner. 

Worth a shot.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Worth a shot.

Always worth a shot. 

On 10/13/2020 at 1:38 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

What would Julio's trade value be right now?

well, he is on the wire in one of my leagues.

I am debatiing picking him up.

this is the first time hes not on the injury report.  maybe he is ready to play

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

OFCOURSE YOU PICK HIM UP. He is gonna play this week. He could light it up. New coach. new energy, 

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Dropping him completely is just foolish.  Pick him up instantly.  My biggest concern is that I trade him and then he goes off the rest of the season.  So far no one is willing to trade for his risk though.

2 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

I traded him away this week. I don’t want to deal w it.

What did you get in return?

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

What did you get in return?

I traded CEH chark and julio

I got amari evans and swift

This was right before lev signed w chiefs.

5 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

I traded CEH chark and julio

I got amari evans and swift

This was right before lev signed w chiefs.

Nice. 

20 hours ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

OFCOURSE YOU PICK HIM UP. He is gonna play this week. He could light it up. New coach. new energy, 

I did.  and in my other league i found him on the wire too and got him there as well.

I suspect once healthy hes good enough to be a backup at the very least.    The price is right.   if he regains his old form, its potentially a move that puts my team on another level.

if he doesnt, i dump him and all he cost me was the backup WR i put onto the waiver wire.   most backups are a dime a dozen so its not like i'm bettiing the farm on this.

in the end, this is the kind of risk worth taking.   low risk, potentially high reward.

On 10/18/2020 at 4:27 AM, Ray_T said:

I did.  and in my other league i found him on the wire too and got him there as well.

I suspect once healthy hes good enough to be a backup at the very least.    The price is right.   if he regains his old form, its potentially a move that puts my team on another level.

if he doesnt, i dump him and all he cost me was the backup WR i put onto the waiver wire.   most backups are a dime a dozen so its not like i'm bettiing the farm on this.

in the end, this is the kind of risk worth taking.   low risk, potentially high reward.

You should make sure Tyreek or Kamara aren't on your wire as well.  

All jokes aside this does make me question the legitimacy of the leagues you play in.  Julio is rostered in 100% of all CBS leagues and 99.8% of ESPN leagues.  That includes 8 and 10 team leagues.  And he just happens to be on the wire in 2 of you leagues?  That sounds weird.  

55 minutes ago, skinsrule05 said:

And he just happens to be on the wire in 2 of you leagues?  That sounds weird.  

Right?

One, maybe someone got disgruntled and dumped all their good players or something--but Julio on waivers in two leagues is beyond bizarre.

9 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Right?

One, maybe someone got disgruntled and dumped all their good players or something--but Julio on waivers in two leagues is beyond bizarre.

I dont deny it.  surprised the hell out of me.

I mentioned it to one guy, and he was like. 'that guy is finished you just got lucky for a game'.  another guy I talked to was surprised someone had dropped him.

so hes a player where opinions are all over the place.  and i've seen that here too.

also just because a player is 100% owned doesnt mean people dont drop him.  it just means when they do, someone else is always picking him up (as they should in this case)

either way.   one of the leagues was a work league which i admit isnt as competitive.   but the other league is a big money 12 team keeper league.  payout of over a grand if you win.

my thought is his value isnt what it was.   but he shouldnt be dropped.  dude still has value.  Hes just not necessarily your #1 WR anymore.

and now that hes finally getting healthy he has a shot at putting up some numbers.

i do realize some people dont have the patience to hold an injury riddled player and if facing bye week or covid imposed byes maybe you gotta make a hard decision or two. 

i get that.  and that appears to be the case in at least one of my leagues.  as the guy dropping him changed his team name to Covid.  so There was more going on than him losing patience with an injury plagued star.

for the record, teams with coviid imposed byes may be prone to dumping players they would not normally dump.   it may be advisable to watch the rosters of covid ridden teams for opportunities that may come as a result of tough roster decisions that need to be made.