Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

David Montgomery's value after a little hype ?

I think it might be a good time to sell, what sort of WR could you get in return ?

Cohen has been a non factor so far. I just dont trust Nagy. Monte is my #4 RB

I'm not sure I'd say theres a ton of hype.  he had a below avg game vs detroit, and then put up a good result against a terrible team in New York. 

Detroit is not a powerhouse defense.  they just are not as crappy as the Giants D.

some people might be sayiing hes not as crappy as they thought.  but I'd hardly call that hype.

if he was more than halfway decent he would have lit both teams up.   I guess he got half the job done, but it was the easy half.

you need for him to have another game this week like he had against the Giants before there will be anything resembling hype out there.

Right now the only buyers are those who have had injuries and need to add some depth that doesnt completely suck.

Hes a low end RB2 by volume. at draft time he was probably a high end RB 3 or low end RB2.  so hes gone up in value in the sense that not many view him as a RB3 anymore and there is now a shortage of talent at RB in the NFL (and in fantasy drafts) due to injuries.

The difference between a low end RB2 and a high end RB3 is not very big.  and his value went up but not by much. (yet)

like I said earlier.  if he lights it up this week there wiil be some believers at that point.

but not likely yet.

With top RBs dropping already I think his value has increased 

The getting guaranteed volume he has is rare despite ineffiency and offense concerns 

3 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

The getting guaranteed volume he has is rare

Great, you just gave Cohen 20 touches this week.

All you can do is shop, but always harder to find Rbs as the season goes forward then WRs.  

On 9/26/2020 at 12:06 PM, weepaws said:

All you can do is shop, but always harder to find Rbs as the season goes forward then WRs.  

True.  and most backup RB's don't put up fantasy worthy numbers when forced to start so your pool of RB's gets smaller as the year rolls on. 

Plus Cohen is done now. I have Cohen and Miller in a deep bench league, was going to drop  both if they did nothing this week but may keep Miller now. 

Many said it this past offseason, that the Bears would be a better down field passing team with Foles.  

Robinson finally showed up today. 

8 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

As usual right on the $   

What?  You mean player jinxes don't axually work?

I'm stunned.