Sign in to follow this  
mark32esu

James Robinson

I couldn't find a James Robinson thread, I feel he deserves a thread so here is a James Robinson thread. I haven't seen him play at all yet but he has been lighting it up. Is he legit?

Wk 1

Wk 2

Wk 3

I'll let someone else chime in with the expert analysis but he passed my eyeball test. 

Opportunity + talent + not afraid of contact + pass catching = top 10 potential in ppr.

Kinda reminds of what happened with James Conner two years ago. Took the reins and never looked back, leading many fantasy teams to the playoffs. Congrats to all of you who were savvy or lucky enough to snag him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Fournette... it’s Leonard Fournette, and he’s very good too.

In grading NFL RBs, much like grading vinyl, "very good" is basically barely acceptable.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

In grading NFL RBs, much like grading vinyl, "very good" is basically barely acceptable.

Oh, well with that assessment scale I’d like to add that your weekly fantasy advice is almost, very good.

Come on man.. Fournette > Jones, it isn’t really close.

• Like 1

Just now, TheUsualSuspect said:

Come on man.. Fournette > Jones, it isn’t really close.

It's probably closer than a lot of people think, but at this point in their careers, it's reversed.

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

It's probably closer than a lot of people think, but at this point in their careers, it's reversed.

I will wager my mothers kidney that by week 6, Fournette will be their starter and earn the Lionshare of snaps for all TB RBs.

Jones reeks of mediocrity, and possessies no big play ability. His longestest career run is about 12 yards. Barber made him look good last season, just as he is doing to the WAS backfield this season.

The Jags got a steal here. There is no doubt at all.  Just goes to show you that even the scouts miss things. 

5 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

The Jags got a steal here. There is no doubt at all.  Just goes to show you that even the scouts miss things. 

Agreed, kid might save my bacon this year. 40 time is so overrated for a RB. Vision and burst are more important...

24 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Agreed, kid might save my bacon this year. 40 time is so overrated for a RB. Vision and burst are more important...

I plan on riding him till the wheels fall off. I now wish I had not drafted CEH first. Who is now sitting on my bench in favor of Taylor and Robinson. Both got in the 5th or off the wire. 

1 hour ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

I will wager my mothers kidney that by week 6, Fournette will be their starter and earn the Lionshare of snaps for all TB RBs.

Jones reeks of mediocrity, and possessies no big play ability. His longestest career run is about 12 yards. Barber made him look good last season, just as he is doing to the WAS backfield this season.

If you think Barber is making Gibson look good you are mistaken my friend.  Gibson will be a star in this league sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Yea......thats a bad take on the WAS backfield. Barber is the goal line plodder. Gibson is being eased into being a star. 

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

2 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Well, that would be at a different point in their careers, now wouldn't it...?

37 minutes ago, The Postman said:

If you think Barber is making Gibson look good you are mistaken my friend.  Gibson will be a star in this league sooner rather than later.

My statement was more of a suggestion that Barber sucks and will be out of the league next season at this time.

Having said that, why the love for Gibson?

The WAS offense is abysmal.

Just now, TheUsualSuspect said:

My statement was more of a suggestion that Barber sucks and will be out of the league next season at this time.

Having said that, why the love for Gibson?

The WAS offense is abysmal.

I will take AP's word for it. He is a big fan. 

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well, that would be at a different point in their careers, now wouldn't it...?

I’m assuming you had Fournette his sophomore season.  You are burnt. He hurt you. I understand.

Your hate for him resembles my distaste for my Ex wife.

Move on. It will be okay. There are plenty of RBs in the sea.

1 minute ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

I’m assuming you had Fournette his sophomore season.  You are burnt. He hurt you. I understand.

Nonsense.  I'm Axe Elf.  I have never owned Fournette in my life--except in one $20 Draft Master league a couple of years ago, when my internet went out during the auction draft and the autobid feature drafted Fournette for me.  When I got back to the draft and discovered what had happened, I quit the draft, deleted the league and forfeited my $20--that's how much I did NOT want to own Fournette.

So you'll have to work out your issues with your ex-wife on your own.

• Haha 1

I'm just surprised how involved he is in the passing game... especially with Thompson also on the squad. If he keeps averaging 4 targets per game I think we are looking at a top 8 RB with top 5 potential. I realize that this sounds ridiculous... I'll see my way out.

I was surprised by that too.  Chris Thompson comes in when there is an obvious pass situation, but that doesn't translate to touches with all the good receivers they have.

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Leonard who?

The guy who's the RB1 on Tampa Bay, you know, he beat Ronald Jones for the job, didn't take long

30 minutes ago, polecatt said:

The guy who's the RB1 on Tampa Bay, you know, he beat Ronald Jones for the job, didn't take long

Hasn't happened yet, according to anyone who doesn't own Fournette in fantasy--certainly not anyone who is axually, you know, associated with the team.