Sign in to follow this  
erikthebassist

Tough Choice for 3rd WR - Full PPR

I'm definitely starting Cooper and McClaurin, but then I need one more from the following:

Lamb - Lots of upside against a porous Seattle defense, but they are so bad it might be the Cooper / Zeke show this week. (edit, now that I think about it, Seattle still plays the run tough so I see this more of an aerial attack so there could be enough for Cooper and Lamb to eat. )

J Brown - Playing against Diggs and I'm a Bills homer, part of me wants to gamble that Ramsey drapes Diggs all game, opening things up for Brown to go off huge. 

C Davis - Could be huge with Brown out against a horrible MN defense

Juedy - Same as davis, with Sutton out, could be big, depends on Driscoll's play but he looked good last week. 

I also have AJ Brown and A Miller but one is injured the other is going bye bye next time I see something I like on the WW. 

Link yours and I'll comment.

Edited by erikthebassist

2 hours ago, erikthebassist said:

I'm definitely starting Cooper and McClaurin...

Ok, NOW I know why you said you would play McLaurin over Lazard and Lamb.  lol  I wondered what you were thinking in that other thread--it was just a case of homerism.

If you need the upside, then Lamb is your play; if you need a safe floor, then again, Lamb is your play.

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Ok, NOW I know why you said you would play McLaurin over Lazard and Lamb.  lol  I wondered what you were thinking in that other thread--it was just a case of homerism.

If you need the upside, then Lamb is your play; if you need a safe floor, then again, Lamb is your play.

You think I should sit McLaurin?

1 minute ago, erikthebassist said:

You think I should sit McLaurin?

No, not with these choices, but I would start Lamb against the team that has allowed two consecutive 400 yard passers to open the season over McLaurin, which came up in the other thread.  You have the luxury of starting both.  I was just wondering why you told the other guy to start McLaurin over Lamb, and it was apparently because you had already judged McLaurin to be more worthy of a start than Lamb due to owning him yourself.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

No, not with these choices, but I would start Lamb against the team that has allowed two consecutive 400 yard passers to open the season over McLaurin, which came up in the other thread.  You have the luxury of starting both.  I was just wondering why you told the other guy to start McLaurin over Lamb, and it was apparently because you had already judged McLaurin to be more worthy of a start than Lamb due to owning him yourself.

But I own both.... lol

tbf though I didn't start McLaurin last week, and although it didn't cost me the win because Jones had already knocked me the eff out, I still regretted it. 

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So you don't think it's risky to start Cooper and Lamb? They are both going to eat? I'm facing a tough opponent, this decision is crucial. If Brown goes off because Ramsey shadows diggs all afternoon and Lamb ends up with 4 for 45 and Cooper ends up being the boom play, I'm gonna lose my mind. Or davis, or Jeudy. I hate having such a deep roster, I think next year I'm just gonna play best ball lol

So you don't think it's risky to start Cooper and Lamb?

I did miss that one little feature, and no, I probly wouldn't start both (though I would seriously consider Lamb over Cooper).

I'd start Jeudy for whichever one you don't start, with Davis a legit option as well.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Fair enough, I thought you meant I was emotionally committed to McLaurin, and I might be, I owned him last year too and he helped me win a championship. I was honestly asking if I should reconsider McLaurin for Davis or Brown. 

I did miss that one little feature, and no, I probly wouldn't start both (though I would seriously consider Lamb over Cooper).

I'd start Jeudy for whichever one you don't start, with Davis a legit option as well.

Really? Bro, I don't know about that one. It's not like Seattle has a shut down corner that's going to ruin cooper's day and on experience alone he's the better option, don't you think? 

Really? Bro, I don't know about that one. It's not like Seattle has a shut down corner that's going to ruin cooper's day and on experience alone he's the better option, don't you think? 

Safer, yes, but maybe not better.

Cooper's going to have his usual day and either Lamb or Gallup is going to have a monster day.  You have the choice of banking on Lamb, or taking the sure 15 from Cooper.

The Cowboys are so damned inconsistent, Dak could go out and get his ass handed to him by that seattle front seven. The other matchups are so good, davis vs MN, brown vs rams and TMC vs Cleveland that I'm half tempted to roll out TMC, Brown and Davis and swing for the fences and avoid that Dak vs Seattle situation all together. 

would either be the dumbest or smartest thing I've even done in fantasy football. 

It would be dumb, but like with poker, sometimes dumb moves work out in fantasy football.

I've decided, I'm going Cooper (never sit your studs), TMC (never sit your studs) and Brown (bills homer and I have a feeling Diggs will be lightning rod that let's brown cut loose in a big way.)

It would be dumb, but like with poker, sometimes dumb moves work out in fantasy football.

I'd rather be lucky than good right? 😂😂

I'd rather be lucky than good right? 😂😂

For Axe Elf, it's just two sides of the same coin.