Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

***Official Chiefs @ Ravens MNF Thread***

I mean, this is the biggest game of the week.  Could decide the team that gets the bye in the AFC this year.

I live in Baltimore.  Former season ticket holder,  Not much hype honestly because of Covid. I don’t think this will be the shootout people expect,  Both teams want to keep the other offense off the field.  We will see.  Best Monday Night game in awhile regardless.

This is the game of the week, for me. 

I need 16 from Jackson in one league to win. (I played the top scoring team in the league. it always feels great to beat THAT team)

In another I need Mahomes to get me 7 points.

:banana:

<----we wont talk about this league....

21 hours ago, drdelaware said:

I live in Baltimore.  Former season ticket holder,  Not much hype honestly because of Covid. I don’t think this will be the shootout people expect,  Both teams want to keep the other offense off the field.  We will see.  Best Monday Night game in awhile regardless.

Stupid Covid.  Might not be a shootout.  No question its the best MNF game in what seems like years.  Now if they can just do something about the unwwatchbale garbage that theyre putting on Thursday night, lol.

Inactives

Chiefs: DE Alex Okafor, G Andrew Wylie, CB BoPete Keyes, DE Demone Harris, TE Ricky Seals-Jones

Ravens: QB Trace McSorley, RB Justice Hill, WR Chris Moore, OL Ben Bredeson, DT Justin Madubuike, DT Broderick Washington, S Geno Stone

Thankfully already won despite facing Hurricane Kamara last night. Get to just enjoy a game without worrying that another prime time player will have “a game that will go down in history” against me.

12 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Thankfully already won despite facing Hurricane Kamara last night. Get to just enjoy a game without worrying that another prime time player will have “a game that will go down in history” against me.

I think I have about 71 straight MNF games where I have to beg for 3 1/2 hours for either a good or bad performance(s) out of somebody(s).  Tuesday is usually a long day for me.

• Like 1

I called the Ravens total frauds last year and got mocked for it but I think I'm being proven right every day.  The Ravens had this magical setup:

1.  They run a very strange offense that teams are not used to seeing live and in-person.
2.  Their 2019 schedule was chock full of clubs that had not seen the Ravens strange offense before.
3.  When they run up against good teams the second time, the Ravens tend to get wrecked.  Their Record against good teams the second time they see them is awful.

I suspect the Ravens are more gimmick than real.  Tonite just helps prove my case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Yeah, but that Butker guy... what's his problem?

Rookie holder, laces were out

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

I called the Ravens total frauds last year and got mocked for it but I think I'm being proven right every day.  The Ravens had this magical setup:

1.  They run a very strange offense that teams are not used to seeing live and in-person.
2.  Their 2019 schedule was chock full of clubs that had not seen the Ravens strange offense before.
3.  When they run up against good teams the second time, the Ravens tend to get wrecked.  Their Record against good teams the second time they see them is awful.

I suspect the Ravens are more gimmick than real.  Tonite just helps prove my case.

Plus mahomes owns Lamar

Since mahomie brought me back, I now need 2 more points than mark andrews from here on out

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Is the league Sleeping on Bieniemy?

Maybe.  It's also not like he's going to walk into any situation with this much talent in the front office or on offense

This game just isn't as intense at 60dB as it seems like it should have been.

There should be chaos, and it's just like mild interest from the "crowd."

34 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

This game just isn't as intense at 60dB as it seems like it should have been.

There should be chaos, and it's just like mild interest from the "crowd."

They need to ditch this fake crowd noise. It gives me a headache. Literally.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

They need to ditch this fake crowd noise. It gives me a headache. Literally.

I know, right?

It's like a laugh track.  Once you become aware of it, you can't stop hearing how annoying it is.

Say it with me now: Lamar Jackson is a gimmicky, run only QB for the most part.  Yeah, he’ll rack up some stats against the Browns, Jaguars and a few other Bush league teams but he’s one of the last guys you’d want during a two minute drill with the game on the line when THROWS are needed to be made. He has little to no touch on is deep ball and doesn’t really see the field like a professional QB should. He’ll be occasionally fun to watch and will have some runs that make the highlight reel but he’s not an elite quarterback.  Not at all.  Although the NFL will certainly pimp him as such. I’m not falling for it. 

• Thanks 1

The real lamar jackson was on full display tonight. He's garbage. Always has been, always will be. Take andrews out of the game and stop him from running. He has nothing else. He simply sucks and was getting lucky.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lod001 said:

The real lamar jackson was on full display tonight. He's garbage. Always has been, always will be. Take andrews out of the game and stop him from running. He has nothing else. He simply sucks and was getting lucky.

Couldnt agree more.  The "facade" that was his BS MVP season was clearly a joke.  Dude isnt an NFL quarterback.  Reminds of Kordell Stewart, if that.  The Ravens can be added to large pile of "pretenders" in the AFC. 

49 minutes ago, BufordT said:

Wow.  The Lamar hate is coming from all angles.

It’s hard not to. In order for the guy to shine he has to have a big lead, needs to be playing against a crappy opponent and needs every other variable to be in his favor. The exact opposite of an MVP caliber QB.  Like I said, he’ll beat up on Cincinnati and a few other easy Pickens' teams.  He’ll probably even have a good game here and there against strong teams but overall there is a huge list of QBs I’d much rather have than him on my NFL team.  He’s like low tier 2 at best, IMO.  Guys like him just don’t cut it long term. The gimmicks only last so long. 

Look how Josh Allen of Buffalo is starring to "get it" and even he still looks to run too much. Great QBs must be able to make throws and lead their team back from deficits. Lamar ain’t that guy. Not at all. 

1 hour ago, RoadLizard said:

It’s hard not to. In order for the guy to shine he has to have a big lead, needs to be playing against a crappy opponent and needs every other variable to be in his favor. The exact opposite of an MVP caliber QB.  Like I said, he’ll beat up on Cincinnati and a few other easy Pickens' teams.  He’ll probably even have a good game here and there against strong teams but overall there is a huge list of QBs I’d much rather have than him on my NFL team.  He’s like low tier 2 at best, IMO.  Guys like him just don’t cut it long term. The gimmicks only last so long. 

Look how Josh Allen of Buffalo is starring to "get it" and even he still looks to run too much. Great QBs must be able to make throws and lead their team back from deficits. Lamar ain’t that guy. Not at all. 

Feels like guys like burrow and Herbert are going to have more long- term success.  Even over guys like Watson.

• Like 1