Sign in to follow this  
dpbuddha

Afraid to start Darren Waller...should I be?

I feel like the Patriots have a way of limiting the best options on the opposing team, which is either going to be Jacobs or Waller. Hockenson is on my bench and I feel like that game is going to be a barn-burner but all "experts" have Waller projected higher. Are the Patriots the same as the old Patriots? Can they shut Waller down?

I think I might sit Waller for Jo Smith. Still undecided.

It just depends on your options.  If you have Drew Sample, you can safely sit Waller.  If you'd be rolling with someone like Greg Olsen, you might stick with Waller.

Hockenson and Smith will have better games than Waller this week.  Waller blew up last week and now that people think he's the second coming of TE's he'll be prominently featured in this week's FU thread.

• Like 1

I’m starting him, but not super confident. Still rather him than Sample... He will get the targets, just depends what he does with them. Expecting numbers closer to what he did week 1

I'm staying with Waller over Smith as I think he gets more receptions and yards, though Smith could surprise and I give him the edge on TDs.

Waller was a bad choice for me. Jo Smith didn't much either, but 11 is better than 2. Looks like it could cost me a game too.