Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

Armenia vs Azerbaijan

Is this an Olympics soccer thread?  :unsure:

10 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Let's go 🇦🇲

I'm not much on flaggotry, which team is that?  🤔

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I'll take two countries I can't find on a map for $500, Alex.

These are two of the three small countries wedged between Russia, Iran, and Turkey. All my children could find them on a map from age two onward because map puzzles are something I did a lot with them. They can put together all the countries on all the continents. On the Asia map, the three share the same piece, on the Europe map, yes they are barely on the Europe map, they all have their own.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

These are two of the three small countries wedged between Russia, Iran, and Turkey. All my children could find them on a map from age two onward because map puzzles are something I did a lot with them. They can put together all the countries on all the continents. On the Asia map, the three share the same piece, on the Europe map, yes they are barely on the Europe map, they all have their own.

That's a great idea.  I wish I had done that with my daughter.

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I guess I'm rooting for Armenia.  Looks like Erogan is backing Azerbaijan and I don't trust that SOB.

The Turks genocided a huge number of Armenians 110 years ago or so but nobody talks about that.

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Would Georgia be the third country?

I know it is near Russia and Turkey, along the Caucus mountains. Very beautiful region.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

That's a great idea.  I wish I had done that with my daughter.

I was a kindergarten teacher too at the time.... and the only one in the school who could do the map puzzles.

Yeah, Europe, Africa, Asia, the US, China, South American, North America.... I have all those maps.

2 minutes ago, Goggins said:

Would Georgia be the third country?

I know it is near Russia and Turkey, along the Caucus mountains. Very beautiful region.

Yes

Whoever won’t be picking in front of the Giants in the 2021 nfl draft. 

5 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

And the Azeris are the only Muslim country with diplomatic ties to Israel.  

I didn't know that but your information may be 6 weeks out of date.

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

It's like learning all the state capitols when you are in grade school. Then, 20 years later, when you have never needed to use that information for all those years, you remember like six of them if you are lucky. If you actually remember all of them 20 years later after never having to use that info, then you really missed out on your college  experience.

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

It's like learning all the state capitols when you are in grade school. Then, 20 years later, when you have never needed to use that information for all those years, you remember like six of them if you are lucky. If you actually remember all of them 20 years later after never having to use that info, then you really missed out on your college  experience.

Beyond where they are on a map I don't know fock all about them. Georgia had a pro-US pro-liberty pro-freedom government, that got invaded by Russia   and a slice carved off while the Bushtard had his head stuck in the MIddle Eastern toilet. Armenia has that bad history of genocide committed by Turkey. Meanwhile Azerbaijan I know fock all nothing about except they are Muslims and if you take off the first two syllables, their country sounds vaguely like Kira's homeworld in Deep Space Nine.

Armenia is Christian so that's who you root for in a war against Azerbaijan, but you don't really care too much. It's kind of like rooting for the 3rd place MAC team from out of state against the American Athletic Conference's 4th place team in the Larry's Muffler Repair Bowl but only because the MAC team is from the Midwest while the AAC team is from somewhere-the-fock-else, unless they're Cincinnati, in which case you don't care.

The easiest issue is part of Azerbaijan is basically on the other side of Armenia.  And the port of Baku is the only major port in the capsian sea, everybody in the region wants it