Sign in to follow this  
FrankDaTank2

Josh Allen appreciation thread

1 hour ago, FrankDaTank2 said:

Grabbed him in both my leagues late. Dude is fantasy mvp so far. Love it when guys took Mahomes and Jackson in the 1st round.

In my auction I got him for 3% of cap. MVP. :banana:

3 hours ago, FrankDaTank2 said:

Grabbed him in both my leagues late. Dude is fantasy mvp so far. Love it when guys took Mahomes and Jackson in the 1st round.

Congrats, that’s the way to do it.  

He looked strong in the beginning when they were rolling.  Great reads and mastering their offense.  In the 2nd half when LA was rolling he was sliding back to trying to do too much.  It almost got him in trouble.  But then he finished strong.  Did not see this coming.  Happy for Diggs too, who was a much better receiver than Minnesota ever allowed him to be.  He's a true #1 WR IMO and now he's proving that.  Anyone stepping up in the pats division is a good thing.

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

He seems to like this Gabriel Davis kid.  John Brown owners beware; WR-needy teams take note.

You think he has any stayinh power, or does he only produce if Brown or Diggs sits?

55 minutes ago, rallo said:

You think he has any stayinh power, or does he only produce if Brown or Diggs sits?

Like I said, I think he might be a threat to some of John Brown's production.

He has 7 targets on the year; 4 of which came this week for 81 yards, and 1 was a TD reception last week.  Perhaps most remarkably, he has caught all 7 of his targets.

He's probly not an add just yet, unless you have an exceptionally deep bench, but he merits watching.

36 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Like I said, I think he might be a threat to some of John Brown's production.

He has 7 targets on the year; 4 of which came this week for 81 yards, and 1 was a TD reception last week.  Perhaps most remarkably, he has caught all 7 of his targets.

He's probly not an add just yet, unless you have an exceptionally deep bench, but he merits watching.

My only qualms are that it looked like Brown was injured on the opening series, then sat out the 2nd half. Davis definitely was the benefactor with Brown gimpy/absent. I agree that he is worth an add, I just hope his production isn't injury dependent, as that is the initial observation. 

Cannon for a arm, besides his ability to run...I thought it was a matter of time to develop Def-reads & passing decisions, along with better talent at receiver...so...I went all in on his immense talent 2020 win or lose, target & drafted him in all my 6-FF Leagues...So far...he is paying off big....

4 minutes ago, rallo said:

My only qualms are that it looked like Brown was injured on the opening series, then sat out the 2nd half. Davis definitely was the benefactor with Brown gimpy/absent. I agree that he is worth an add, I just hope his production isn't injury dependent, as that is the initial observation. 

What qualms?  I didn't say pick him up, I said watch him.  So I DON'T agree that he is worth an add.  Yet...

I think the injury helps open the door for more snaps, but just filling in for a guy doesn't necessarily translate to targets.  Allen seems to be finding him open a lot--and if he keeps catching 100% of his targets, Allen's going to start actively looking for him.

Right now it's an anomaly that bears watching, but it could just be a random flash in the pan, too.

Davis is a 4th round pick from UCF, which isn't a power 5 school, but they were no joke the last couple of years, either.  Davis had 1,241 yards and 12 TDs in 2019.  Buffalo may have themselves a diamond in the rough here.

On 9/28/2020 at 12:57 AM, AxeElf said:

He seems to like this Gabriel Davis kid.  John Brown owners beware; WR-needy teams take note.

I s'pose everyone was all over Davis before Axe Elf, too...

On 9/28/2020 at 11:17 AM, AxeElf said:

What qualms?  I didn't say pick him up, I said watch him.  So I DON'T agree that he is worth an add.  Yet...

I think the injury helps open the door for more snaps, but just filling in for a guy doesn't necessarily translate to targets.  Allen seems to be finding him open a lot--and if he keeps catching 100% of his targets, Allen's going to start actively looking for him.

Right now it's an anomaly that bears watching, but it could just be a random flash in the pan, too.

Davis is a 4th round pick from UCF, which isn't a power 5 school, but they were no joke the last couple of years, either.  Davis had 1,241 yards and 12 TDs in 2019.  Buffalo may have themselves a diamond in the rough here.