Sign in to follow this  
Phil Simms 11

Carson injured - dirty play?

Hill rolled him by one leg like an alligator after he was already down -- it looked totally unnecessary in real-time and I'm surprised the injury wasn't worse...

Travis Homer looked good in relief, more than Carlos Hyde I thought, but it's hard to tell based on only a couple of plays.  I'd take a flyer on Homer if I was pressed to choose.

It was definitely a dirty play.

Poor judgement?  For sure.

Was he just outright trying to injure him? I can't say that for sure either way.

According to rotoworld Carroll said Carson had an excellent week of practice.  They expect Carson to play Sunday.  Roto says something along the lines of it is a favorable matchup but they might limit/rest Carson due to a blowout by Seattle.

I think (hope?) the blowout angle is overblown.  With a good Fitz, Miami can be dangerous and this could be a shootout.  Especially with J Adams out of what looked like an already leaky Seattle secondary - Dak had over 450 on them.  And big leads can disintegrate quickly - look at what happened to the Bills 28-3 lead over the Rams or the Atl/Chi game.  It takes a big lead late in the game to think you're safe these days.

Sneaky flex play, could be T Homer. 

Mr Positive Pete been saying how great he's looked in practice, then he's listed as a GTD.  I'm guessing he sits.  Pete also said Hyde had an excellent week of practice, and he's supposedly trending up.  I'm guessing Carson sits and Hyde starts.

Lol fickle. 

I think both will be limited either way, the healthy choice , T Homer. 

Trysten Hill is dirty af, and there should have been repercussions. But when is the league ever consistent with things like player safety? 🙄

beware of Carson this week. All four running backs should be active for Seattle. The garbage defense will be without our best pass rusher  (sadly a safety) so Miami should be able to keep up barring turnovers. Fitzmagic can provide those, but he won’t feel any pressure and Shaq Griffin and Trey Flowers have zero ball skills. Quinton Dunbar is out too. 

I’m not saying bench Carson, but if you’re lucky enough to have another option at RB, at least consider it. I don’t need to tell anybody to beware of Pete Carroll injury sunshine. 

Any thoughts on Travis Homer going forward in dynasty? Is he the goods and worth stashing, or should try and snag a 3rd rounder for him from the Carson owner?

Is the job his next year as Carson and Hyde are UFA's in 2021? Peny and Homer are UFA's in 2023 btw.

I know there's a bunch Seahawks fans here. Thanks!

Not if Penny can return and if if if he can stay healthy. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Not if Penny can return and if if if he can stay healthy. 

So you think I should flip him for a 3rd if I can?

3 minutes ago, unloopme said:

So you think I should flip him for a 3rd if I can?

I don’t want to say you should or shouldn’t, I don’t play in any kind of keeper leagues. 

But I was just giving a thought about your question. N

i think once Penny returns , Homer becomes the rb4 on the Hawks. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the thoughts man. 👍

Guess I'm hoping that Seahawks fans will give me some more insight on his talent.  🧐

1 hour ago, unloopme said:

Thanks for the thoughts man. 👍

Guess I'm hoping that Seahawks fans will give me some more insight on his talent.  🧐

Not a particular Seahawks fan, but Homer was nothing special in college, and probly won't be anything more than a journeyman backup in the NFL.

If you can get a 3rd round pick for him now, I would.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, unloopme said:

Any thoughts on Travis Homer going forward in dynasty? Is he the goods and worth stashing, or should try and snag a 3rd rounder for him from the Carson owner?

Is the job his next year as Carson and Hyde are UFA's in 2021? Peny and Homer are UFA's in 2023 btw.

I know there's a bunch Seahawks fans here. Thanks!

I don't think very much of him. If I'm gonna lay some money on the line. I'm gonna gamble on Dallas.

• Thanks 1