Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Thank You, Axe Elf - Week 3

Seems like if I don't remind people how invaluable Axe Elf is to their fantasy football success on a weekly basis, people forget and start focusing on the time when I didn't pick the best TE2 off of someone's waiver wire for them or something.

@BirdGang asked, “David Johnson @ Pit or [Leonard] Fournette at Denver--nonPPR?”

Axe Elf said, “Usually you want to play the starting RB (Hint:  Johnson) over the backup RB (Hint:  Fournette).

Starting RB (Johnson):  10.6

Backup RB (Fournette):  2.2

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@DC asked, “Mike Williams or [Brandin] Cooks for flex in PPR?”

Axe Elf said, “None of the above (there has to be a better option on the waiver wire--Greg Ward, maybe.)

Ward:  20.6

Cooks:  5.3

Williams:  2.7

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@RabidSeaCows asked, “Who would you start in half-PPR, [David] Montgomery, [Leonard] Fournette, [T.Y.] Hilton, [Michael] Gallup or [Cooper] Kupp?”

Axe Elf said, “Kupp is a decent option to be sure, but after Seattle has allowed two consecutive 400-yard passing games, I'm thinking this is a good week for Gallup to go from 2-60-0 to 5-140-1.  Either Lamb or Gallup should have a monster day; it's kind of Gallup's turn.

Gallup:  22.8  6-138-1 Pinpoint accuracy!

Kupp:  21.2  Axe Elf gives you the top TWO options!

Hilton:  6.7

Montgomery:  6.4

Fournette:  3.2

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@MarshRoad asked, “Which one to flex in PPR, [Darius] Slayton, [Allen] Lazard, or [Julian] Edelman?”

Axe Elf said, “Lazard if Adams is out; if not, I’d go with Slayton.”

Lazard:  26.4

Slayton:  6.3 (Again, the top two options given in order!)

Edelman:  4.2

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@Lawyersgunzand $ asked, “Which one for PPR flex, Antonio Gibson, Mike Davis, Joshua Kelley, or [Michael] Gallup?”

Axe Elf said, “Gallup is due for a day against the team that has allowed two consecutive 400 yard passers to open the season.

Gallup:  25.8

Davis:  23.1

Gibson:  13.0

Kelley:  5.2

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@travelr1 asked, “Pick 3 WRs for PPR, [Terry] McLaurin, [Robert] Woods, [CeeDee] Lamb, [Brandin] Cooks, [Allen] Lazard.”

Axe Elf said, “Woods, Lamb and Lazard.”

travelr1 said, “I am curious why you would select Lazard over McLaurin.

Axe Elf said, “Because with Adams out, Lazard will be the #1 target of one of the greatest QBs of all time in the #2 offense in the NFL in a prime-time shootout, while McLaurin is the #1 target of one of the rawest QBs in the NFL in the 2nd-worst offense in the league in what figures to be a run-fest with Cleveland.

Lazard:  26.4

Woods:  21.4

McLaurin:  12.6

Lamb:  11.6 (Worth the 1 pt less for the upside.)

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@bill billy asked, “Should I start Darrel Henderson against the bills or Ceedee against the hawks in a standard league?”

Axe Elf said, “If no PPR, you always flex a RB over a similar WR.

Henderson:  19.0

Lamb:  11.6

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@FrankDaTank2 asked, “Stick with [Josh] Allen against a good LA secondary, or roll with Cam [Newton] against a weaker LA defense--6 pts for all TDs?

Axe Elf said, “6pt pass TD scoring usually takes some of the luster off of running QBs, so I'd probly stick with Allen.

Allen:  32.24

Newton:  12.18

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@huskyhater75 asked, “Which 2 for PPR, [Derrick] Henry, [Jonathan] Taylor or [Miles] Sanders?”

Axe Elf said, “Well you always start the NFL rushing champion, and for PPR I'd probly go Sanders.

Henry:  27.0

Sanders:  14.7

Taylor:  13.2

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@Brizzmodee asked, “Which one to flex in PPR, Jordan Reed, Tre’Quan Smith, or Jerry Jeudy?”

Axe Elf said, “Judy, Judy, Judy…”

Jeudy:  8.0

Smith:  6.2

Reed:  3.3

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@yupper asked, “With Devante Adams doubtful to play, who between Joshua Kelley, Jerick McKinnon, or DJ Moore would you play in .5ppr?”

Axe Elf said, “Seems like a no-brainer to me; McKinnon is going to be huge this week.

McKinnon:  15.2

Moore:  7.5

Kelley:  4.2

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@himmystyles asked, “[Brandin] Cooks, [N’Keal] Harry, or [Hayden] Hurst for PPR flex?”

Axe Elf said, “As bad as Cooks and Harry have been, yes, I think I would flex Hurst over them this week.”

Hurst:  7.1

Harry:  5.6

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@Dgoldfe_13 asked, “With Chark and Julio out, start [Keelan] Cole or [Russell] Gage?”

Axe Elf said, “Cole probly has the higher floor, and they have approximately equal ceilings, so I'd probly go with Cole.

Cole:  8.3 PPR

Gage:  4.6 PPR

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@RabidSeaCows asked, “Who to flex for half-PPR; Robert Woods, Joshua Kelley or DeVante Parker?”

Axe Elf said, “Woods.”

Woods:  18.9

Parker:  9.4

Kelley:  6.2

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@travelr1 asked, “In PPR, who do you like better this week, [Dallas] Goedert or [Hayden] Hurst?”

Axe Elf said, “Hurst.”

Hurst:  7.1

Goedert:  1.7

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@jenkins asked, “Would anyone flex [Keelan] Cole over John Brown, [Jarvis] Landry or [Russell] Gage in half-PPR?”

Axe Elf said, “Yes.”

Cole:  6.3

Landry:  5.6

Gage:  3.6

Brown:  0.0

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@Nomad99 asked, “Should I keep [Brandon] Aiyuk or drop him for [Keelan] Cole?

Axe Elf said, “Aiyuk probly has more upside.

Aiyuk:  21.1 PPR (WR12 - with a backup QB)

Cole:  8.3 PPR (WR52)

Thank you, Axe Elf!

@zole2112 asked, “Should I drop one of [Amari] Cooper, [DeVante] Parker, [Brandin] Cooks, [Preston] Williams, or [Darius] Slayton to pick up one of [Curtis] Samuel, [Corey] Davis, Marques Valdez-Scantling, [Golden] Tate, or [Jalen] Reagor in PPR?”

Axe Elf said, “I'd drop Brandin Cooks for Corey Davis.

Corey Davis:  11.9

Brandin Cooks:  5.3

Thank you, Axe Elf!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for your advice (which I took).  I am up by 14 points going into Monday night with my opponent playing Kelce.  May not win but giving him a run for the money. 

On 9/24/2020 at 6:24 PM, AxeElf said:

Dangit, RSC, I'm trying to make a point here, and you go and curse Jones.

I could use a little cooperation!

START FOURNETTE!!!

First, Just so you know, I noticed didn't do that well your first 2 weeks. I kept track, waiting for you to start this post. As soon as I saw Lazard go off, I knew this was coming! :D

Second, you did good by me week 1 by insisting I start Thielen, which paid off. Thanks for that.

Also, even though I started Kupp I got decimated so badly that I could of started my whole team, even bench players, and he still beat me. Kind of funny. That.

You know, taking credit for suggesting the Chalk is kind of petty. People would of started their higher draft pick anyway.

3 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

First, Just so you know, I noticed didn't do that well your first 2 weeks.

Selective perception.

Axe Elf is the constant by which variance is defined.

I unfortunately didn't take your advice and went with Moore over McKinnon. I still won the week and I'm 3-0, but I learned my lesson to never doubt your unquestionable knowledge ever again.