Sign in to follow this  
wilsonfan3

Giants backfield

Hello fellow fantasiers, do you think devonta freeman will be relevant this year? It's too early for me to say, but maybe one of you has a better insight?

Cheers

I think he could be decent once he gets settled in - depends on whether or not he used the extended absence to get fully healthy and in good shape. I know it's popular to just write him off but I think he could surprise if the Giants can improve their line play a good bit and scheme some running room . 

3 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Cooked player behind one of the worst O-lines. Only play him against the worst defenses

What he said^

Add abysmal QB play(exacerbated by a poor Oline) and a banged up WR corp and this offense could be sluggish for quite awhile. I'd stay away from this backfield and just hope for garbage time from a few of the pass catchers.

I picked him up in 2 of 5 leagues. He could be the top RB if not the top of a RBBC. I don't expect him to be Barkley, and RB1, or even a RB2. I have him as my 4th and 5th RB. If does better, great. If not, he could be dropped without much impact to my teams.

I picked him up and I've started a countdown to when I'll drop him. If I don't see him in significant role and getting some kind of success in the next 2 weeks, he's gone. Very low expectations at this point because of that terrible offensive line and expecting they'll be down early and often which would put the running game to bed. The hope is that he'll grab a couple of goal line TDs and maybe some garbage time receptions/yards. 

I did pick him up also, don’t know what’s going to happen, injures or even the mandemic issue.  

Going forward non ppr I’ll try to stash all the Rbs I can. 

Dont expect much, but didn’t give up much for him. 

On 9/29/2020 at 7:43 AM, The Shepherd said:

I think he could be decent once he gets settled in - depends on whether or not he used the extended absence to get fully healthy and in good shape. I know it's popular to just write him off but I think he could surprise if the Giants can improve their line play a good bit and scheme some running room . 

I agree with this.   The Giants are bad, but it may take a bit of time for the new coach to get them playing at least Ok.   Or maybe he never will!  :(