Mike FF Today

Titans players/staff test positive for COVID-19

This is going to suck.  We're going to put guys into our lineups and then Monday/Tuesday the Titans will have more positive tests and it will be postponed. 

The other thing is Tennessee isn't even together preparing for the game while Pittsburgh is.   I can't imagine that's good for the titans 

Let's just plan on Monday night doubleheaders all season, even if there's not a COVID scare.  And if there is--problem solved.

Can we do that?

On 9/29/2020 at 12:38 PM, tanatastic said:

Testing facilities that rely on positive tests to keep their business going (Many have been proven as fraudulent already). People who want the nfl shut down to further their fear monger it and keep the gravy train going for the people making billions off COVID. 

Glad I’m not the only one that sees this. There have been more fudged tests than you can shake a stick at. The fear mongering is in full press mode.  Hysterical headlines, body parts falling off, heads exploding, skin melting, etc.  Uh huh,sure.  🙄

On 9/29/2020 at 8:12 PM, tanatastic said:

It will always be guys out of the public eye so when they tweet that they feel perfectly fine it doesn’t make as many headlines.

Yep, no reason to click on any articles that show how the vast majority end up fine. Better to cherry pick the extreme, edge cases. 

On 9/29/2020 at 8:35 PM, Kent said:

You seem angry.  

He’s just stating the obvious. This has been oversold and watching football games(or any other sport) without fans is stupid. Keep the old and sick home. Isolate who you have to. The rest of us should be able to meander about. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2020 at 8:00 PM, travelr1 said:

Is there any information on which players tested positive and may not play this week. 

I thought the league policy was that if you tested positive or was near someone else who tested positive, you have to quarantine for 5 days and get 2 consecutive negative tests before resuming.  I'm not positive on that though.

16 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Seems the game is scheduled for "later in the season" now.  Get all PIT & TN players out of your lineups!

This will be interesting to see how they handle it.

Maybe they add a week 17 make up week. 

17 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

This will be interesting to see how they handle it.

Maybe they add a week 17 make up week. 

At a guess, I think Steelers v Titans will be rearranged for week 7, when the Titans were supposed to be on their bye.

Steelers v Ravens is scheduled for week 7 currently, but as they both have their bye week 8 I reckon that game gets pushed back a week. 

So essentially Steelers/Titans now have their bye week 4, Ravens will have their bye week 7. 

Seems fairly straightforward in terms of a swap, but if it happens again it might not be.

Again, just a guess but makes sense to me.

• Like 2

There is a simpler solution. 

Titans forfeit. :banana:

4 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Glad I’m not the only one that sees this. There have been more fudged tests than you can shake a stick at. The fear mongering is in full press mode.  Hysterical headlines, body parts falling off, heads exploding, skin melting, etc.  Uh huh,sure.  🙄

Yep, no reason to click on any articles that show how the vast majority end up fine. Better to cherry pick the extreme, edge cases. 

He’s just stating the obvious. This has been oversold and watching football games(or any other sport) without fans is stupid. Keep the old and sick home. Isolate who you have to. The rest of us should be able to meander about. 

Agreed. 

39 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Ouch.  Not a good time to own Henry/Conner

Not a good time for those that tested positive. 

For Henry and Conner ff owners, it’s just a bye week. 

Better now then later.  

29 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Better now then later.  

Not at all better now because they have the same bye week now.  

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Better now then later.  

4 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

While weepaws is right about the bye week, at draft time this was thought to have been a good move.  Draft RB's with different bye weeks to avoid what's about to happen.  

1 hour ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Yeah but nothing can be done about it. 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

While weepaws is right about the bye week, at draft time this was thought to have been a good move.  Draft RB's with different bye weeks to avoid what's about to happen.  

Now that’s a great point, but going into this season, nothing should be a surprise, never had to play a nfl season during a mandemic.  

Its a tough one for me also, I have Henry on my 14 team non ppr.  

2 hours ago, show me the murray said:

At a guess, I think Steelers v Titans will be rearranged for week 7, when the Titans were supposed to be on their bye.

Steelers v Ravens is scheduled for week 7 currently, but as they both have their bye week 8 I reckon that game gets pushed back a week. 

So essentially Steelers/Titans now have their bye week 4, Ravens will have their bye week 7. 

Seems fairly straightforward in terms of a swap, but if it happens again it might not be.

Again, just a guess but makes sense to me.

NFL lucked out. This is a simple solution and will almost certainly be implemented. 

If this happens one more time after week 5, they will need to add another week to the season, or go off of winning pct or something like that.

Seeing two more titans are positive now.  Bringing the total to 11. 

If they managed a couple practices with infected guys they are in serious trouble here. 

10 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

There are lots of old coaches though.  Who are obese.  Will one have to die to oversell it?   Is it worth dying over?

Andy Reid gets Covid and he’s a dead man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kent said:

There are lots of old coaches though.  Who are obese.  Will one have to die to oversell it?   Is it worth dying over?

Andy Reid gets Covid and he’s a dead man. 

This is true.  Sorry - Im just so "Covided-out" at this stage. 

1 hour ago, RoadLizard said:

This is true.  Sorry - Im just so "Covided-out" at this stage. 

Aren’t we all.  I feel ya. 

• Like 1

Seeing reports that two more Titans tested positive today.  

As an AJ Brown owner, this is real problem now if they are gonna potentially miss back to back weeks.   This trickle of cases is the NFL nightmare. 

4 minutes ago, Kent said:

As an AJ Brown owner, this is real problem now if they are gonna potentially miss back to back weeks.   This trickle of cases is the NFL nightmare. 

Does your league have extra Covid IR spots? I also have AJ, but our league allows 2 additional IR spots if your player's game gets postponed for Covid. I already picked up 2 additional WR's. Rather have AJ, but its something...

10 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Does your league have extra Covid IR spots? I also have AJ, but our league allows 2 additional IR spots if your player's game gets postponed for Covid. I already picked up 2 additional WR's. Rather have AJ, but its something...

I wish we did.  We cut the league dues by 80% because we knew there would likely be issues outside of our control.  So I'm not too bothered.  Just sucks.  

32 minutes ago, Kent said:

Isn’t Brown injured?  Unless the Titans miss 2 weeks, the earlier bye may be a good thing for him..

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Isn’t Brown injured?  Unless the Titans miss 2 weeks, the earlier bye may be a good thing for him..

It's good for Brown but I was  hearing he was gonna go this week.

The bad is, they need to go a few days with no cases or they may miss another week.  

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

Well, that proves it.  Tennesseans are mouth-breathers.

I mean this is basically what happened with the Marlins and now they’re in the playoffs.  I’m not overly concerned just yet.  I could see them reducing the # of games or something though, maybe giving every team 2 bye weeks or something like that, which shouldn’t have a huge impact on FF.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I mean this is basically what happened with the Marlins and now they’re in the playoffs.  I’m not overly concerned just yet.  I could see them reducing the # of games or something though, maybe giving every team 2 bye weeks or something like that, which shouldn’t have a huge impact on FF.

Much different sport here.  Playing baseball is built in distancing.

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

My first thought was they could add in a second and maybe third BYE week for all teams.  I don't see the season being canceled or a big impact on FF. You would move playoffs one week if the season is extended one week. 

The biggest impact will be the "sky is falling" online reactions for positive tests.