Mike FF Today

Titans players/staff test positive for COVID-19

19 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I don't see the season being canceled or a big impact on FF

Easy for you to say.  I just lost by 7 in my h2h matchup while D Henry and J Conner had forced byes.

Thankfully this farce hasn’t affected me yet aside from losing Jonnu. All these guys positive yet no one is actually sick, hmmm. How blind do you have to be to not see there’s something fishy going on?

34 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

This would be true if it was the federal government as this is explicitly banned in the constitution.   Is that also true of the CBA?   I bet there's a lot of leeway in there.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Thankfully this farce hasn’t affected me yet aside from losing Jonnu. All these guys positive yet no one is actually sick, hmmm. How blind do you have to be to not see there’s something fishy going on?

I'm confused. What's fishy?  

31 minutes ago, Kent said:

I'm confused. What's fishy?  

70 positive tests revealed as phony then another batch from the Texans outed as well. Positives popping up again now but no players are actually sick. What ISNT fishy about it all? 

Cam and Gilmore among others have this virus that’s supposed to be so deadly and causes lasting effects and lung damage with 9/10 who have it yet will be playing top level professional sports in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Cam and Gilmore among others have this virus that’s supposed to be so deadly and causes lasting effects and lung damage with 9/10 who have it yet will be playing top level professional sports in a few weeks. 

Not sure where you got THAT information, but the consensus is that the vast majority of people who contract COVID will recover fully within a few weeks.

What is the current timeline for the NFL to make a decision on the Bills-Titans? No positive tests Thur & Fri means game on Sunday? Another positive test between now and Sunday means no game?

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

70 positive tests revealed as phony then another batch from the Texans outed as well. Positives popping up again now but no players are actually sick. What ISNT fishy about it all? 

Didn't see that there were 70 false positives.  Thought it was a handful. The tests aren't great. This isn't news.  Are you fishing for a conspiracy? Nobody wants football mucked up.  Nobody.  

My.nephew and lifelong friend got Covid. My nephew when he arrived at UGA for his freshman year got it immediately. Recovered.  My friend who's my age was hospitalized.  Pneumonia, hallucinations, the whole lot. He survived but he's messed up.  You don't want the virus.  It's got some bad roulette to it. 

I'm not so worried about the players but the staff.  Old fat coaches are a bad outcome coin flip.  Nobody wants to see that bad outcome.  

Gilmore was up close and personal after the game with Mahomes and other Chiefs. If Andy Reid gets it....

5 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Mike Vrabel said 4 of them had flu-like symptoms, and that was a week ago before some of the additional positives - https://wpln.org/post/titans-coach-says-players-have-flu-like-symptoms-from-covid-but-recovering/

12 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Welp, this is a problem...

So yesterday, all players had consecutive negative tests, but today, someone is positive.  How can they be sure of the accuracy of the tests?

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So yesterday, all players had consecutive negative tests, but today, someone is positive.  How can they be sure of the accuracy of the tests?

Mmm how can anyone, we have seen this in Reno many times, I know people who’ve had multiple positive and negative results.  

It’s fishy. 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Mmm how can anyone, we have seen this in Reno many times, I know people who’ve had multiple positive and negative results.  

It’s fishy. 

It's not fishy.  The tests have quite publicly been deemed as crappy.

The Earth is round but I’ve seen maps where it looks flat.  So its fishy?

The state of TN is also one of the worst states in the country right now for rate of infection.  They just had two more cases confirmed for the Titans. 

What is preventing the league from just pausing the season for a week or two?  TV contracts?

14 minutes ago, Kent said:

The state of TN is also one of the worst states in the country right now for rate of infection.  They just had two more cases confirmed for the Titans. 

What is preventing the league from just pausing the season for a week or two?  TV contracts?

That's what they said about the country back on March 17th. Here in Florida that turned into 8 weeks. Bad idea. 

16 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Thanks Q!

• Haha 1

Saw that one option being considered is moving the game to Monday or Tuesday and moving the bills chefs to Saturday from Thursday

1 hour ago, Kent said:

This whole mandemic is fishy.  

Here in Reno , we still have a lot of limitations.  

And back March they said two weeks, no thank you, the more taken away, the less they give back. 

As it to your point about the earth, that’s always going to be one person’s opinion , and we know everyone has one. 

Frustrating that the testing is so inaccurate.  Seems the NFL would have the very best available, but maybe thats not the case.  

One thing we know is the virus can pass like wild fire, when people are together.

2 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Frustrating that the testing is so inaccurate.  Seems the NFL would have the very best available, but maybe thats not the case.  

One thing we know is the virus can pass like wild fire, when people are together.

I don't think accuracy is the biggest problem.

The largest is the incubation time. It takes time between exposure and the tests being able to pick it up. Though how infectious a person is during that period is unknown.

The other is just a numbers game. 1500+ players are getting tested every day. Plus coaches and other team employees. That amount of tests is going to have false positives/negatives.

4 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Yup

Uggg, I hope AJ is back, or else I fear Henry and Smith are going to be bottled up this week.

(if they play, of course)

We've got good friends in the Nashville area and even visited them back in June. From what I observed personally and from talking with them and others in the area, folks down there just don't believe the COVID situation is as serious as the rest of the US and are very anti-mask.

I'm not going to get into politics and whatever but it's just a general lack of caring or concern going on from many I witnessed. And that's back in June when things were still spiking everywhere. Not sure if that attitude was adopted by the team but with all those positive tests (the Titans have like 99% of all positive tests in the NFL) it sure seems that way. I hope they have to forfeit AND get a huge ($10MM+) fine. Get your sh!t together Titans.

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

This whole mandemic is fishy.  

Here in Reno , we still have a lot of limitations.  

And back March they said two weeks, no thank you, the more taken away, the less they give back. 

As it to your point about the earth, that’s always going to be one person’s opinion , and we know everyone has one. 

The limitations might save your fellow man.  It’s a holy endeavor.  

5 hours ago, rotisserieking said:

We've got good friends in the Nashville area and even visited them back in June. From what I observed personally and from talking with them and others in the area, folks down there just don't believe the COVID situation is as serious as the rest of the US and are very anti-mask.

I'm not going to get into politics and whatever but it's just a general lack of caring or concern going on from many I witnessed. And that's back in June when things were still spiking everywhere. Not sure if that attitude was adopted by the team but with all those positive tests (the Titans have like 99% of all positive tests in the NFL) it sure seems that way. I hope they have to forfeit AND get a huge ($10MM+) fine. Get your sh!t together Titans.

Yeah, I got a step sister in Murphysboro TN who early this year had double breast cancer AND is a anesthesiologist. She also refuses to wear a mask when not a work..

Some people are just wired differently...

Weird coming from an anesthesiologist... what does she do when she intubates people???

There is a lot of stuff on Twitter being floated about ramifications coming down on the titans, like a vrabel year-long suspension and losing draft picks.

10 hours ago, RabidSeaCows said:

Yeah, I got a step sister in Murphysboro TN who early this year had double breast cancer AND is a anesthesiologist. She also refuses to wear a mask when not a work..

Some people are just wired differently...

I don’t wear a mask. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

I don’t wear a mask. 

So you don't value the health of others. 

I'll try to find the chapter in the Bible about being selfish.  

10 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Did they review other teams’ footage as well?  Curious if it’s a case of the Titans just not doing it, or no one doing it and the Titans just happened to be the one where it spread.  I think I did read though that apparently the Patriots have been pretty good about mask-wearing, etc.

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

I don’t wear a mask. 

Well, like I said, some people are just wired differently :)

On another note, Here in CO, contract tracing is showing the biggest spread outside of the College campuses is family and church gatherings with less than 15 people. So, imo, if the dice rolls and your number comes up, you're gonna get it. No one can stay locked up in a house forever.

We're prolly just gonna have to deal with it until the vaccine comes out... Hopefully it works on more than 60% of us and isn't worse than the disease.

I just gotta something say at this point. This is getting carried away and I, for one, am not offended by what the Titan players did. They want to win and realize that practice together is a big part of that, and poses little to no danger to them.

Now, I'm a lifetime fan of pro football, and am certainly no Titan fan. In fact, I'm more down on the NFL than ever before in my life because of the endless penalties, political statements, and general wussification of the game. I'm also not a Covid-denier. It is real, super-contagious, and in certain segments of the population can be deadly. In fact, my family and I have already had it, and by the grace of God we all recovered fully without issue.

That being said, pro sports, in general, have taken it too far imho. All players were given the option to opt out before the season, and several did. I can respect that, but these are young men in their prime, who are already playing a game that can literally kill you....and has. Even if they contract Covid, according to CDC statistics, at their ages, they have less that a .05% chance of dying as a result. Yes, they should be smart and stay away from potentially vulnerable older family members/those with preexisting conditions during the season.....just like the rest of us that are carrying on. However, it's time for America in general and the NFL in particular to stop getting the vapors and breaking out in hives anytime someone is seen without a mask. 

These are men who have chosen a lucrative profession....but one that has a pretty short window of opportunity. If they are willing to "risk" Covid to make that game check, then by all means let them play. They literally risk their necks every time they walk on the field, and nobody seems worried about that. If they choose not to play this season because of Covid, then more power to them. If they choose to play and are Covid-positive during the season, then isolate them until they are well, and bring in the reserve players. It doesn't seem that complicated. 

2 minutes ago, stonewall said:

I just gotta something say at this point. This is getting carried away and I, for one, am not offended by what the Titan players did. They want to win and realize that practice together is a big part of that, and poses little to no danger to them.

Now, I'm a lifetime fan of pro football, and am certainly no Titan fan. In fact, I'm more down on the NFL than ever before in my life because of the endless penalties, political statements, and general wussification of the game. I'm also not a Covid-denier. It is real, super-contagious, and in certain segments of the population can be deadly. In fact, my family and I have already had it, and by the grace of God we all recovered fully without issue.

That being said, pro sports, in general, have taken it too far imho. All players were given the option to opt out before the season, and several did. I can respect that, but these are young men in their prime, who are already playing a game that can literally kill you....and has. Even if they contract Covid, according to CDC statistics, at their ages, they have less that a .05% chance of dying as a result. Yes, they should be smart and stay away from potentially vulnerable older family members/those with preexisting conditions during the season.....just like the rest of us that are carrying on. However, it's time for America in general and the NFL in particular to stop getting the vapors and breaking out in hives anytime someone is seen without a mask. 

These are men who have chosen a lucrative profession....but one that has a pretty short window of opportunity. If they are willing to "risk" Covid to make that game check, then by all means let them play. They literally risk their necks every time they walk on the field, and nobody seems worried about that. If they choose not to play this season because of Covid, then more power to them. If they choose to play and are Covid-positive during the season, then isolate them until they are well, and bring in the reserve players. It doesn't seem that complicated. 

It's more about containment, i.e. not spreading it to other teams. I don't think anyone is all that worried about young, fine-tuned athletes being in mortal danger...

4 minutes ago, stonewall said:

So just sacrifice the old fat NFL coaches?

Got it.  

Keep in mind that players opted-in under the pretense that teams would be responsible and adhere to the requirements. No issue with the NFL enforcing it and making an example. 

Did the US states need to approve the NFL teams to start playing again? If so that is an obvious reason they need to strictly enforce this. I feel like the states had to individually sanction each team and they did so based on the standards of safety and the NFL enforcement of those? 

26 minutes ago, stonewall said:

That is a very selfish way to look at it.