Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Commish's - how will you handle rosters if games are canceled/postponed due to COVID-19?

My league added a couple of extra roster spots for players who test positive and we have some rules in place in case the season itself is canceled. 

Need to know what other commissioners have in place for game cancellations or postponements? Any suggestions?

Similar to you, we added Covid IR spots and have contingency plans in place in case the season is canceled. As far as other contingency plans go, it will have to depend on what the NFL does. I don't see how their schedule can be moved around, which would lead me to believe teams have to play every week they're scheduled to. They may flex some games to Monday, but I can't see them canceling or postponing games. The only way a game can be postponed more than a day, is if the teams have the same bye week or if they start adding weeks at the end of the season, which would lead to some teams playing and extra week or two, while others are sitting at home waiting for the playoffs to start. I can't see many teams being happy with the idea of doing that. 

18 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

My league added a couple of extra roster spots for players who test positive and we have some rules in place in case the season itself is canceled. 

Need to know what other commissioners have in place for game cancellations or postponements? Any suggestions?

13 weeks played minimum.

Problem is, if the NFL has to cancel a few games throughout the season, how are they going to handle it? Does anyone even know? It's not easy to manipulate bye weeks during the season. How can a fantasy league plan on something that is not known? Maybe the NFL just calls the game a tie? In fantasy, that should nullify a season completely. In my league we said, well, if a player gets the virus, then it's the same as an injury. Which is fine, but, if two or more teams are out for week or two, beats me. From a fantasy perspective, if any games get cancelled, I would hope that would end the fantasy season if they don't get made up somehow. 

Precisely why as Commish, I paused my League for a season.

Still playing in a couple other Leagues... too much at stake, someone will always complain.

Good luck to all Commissioners, this season will be unprecedented.

What plan? Consider it like an injury, they’re questionable for this week so be prepared with a backup. Nothing for the commish to do besides prior to the season adding some IR spots. 

We’ve never had a IR spot, but we have one this season, one for injured player, and one for a mandemic  player.  

I just hope everyone stays healthy and no one misses games because of this mandemic.