Mike Isles

***Official Here we go Debate Thead***

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Someone used 'meek' earlier and that's a good word. But he had no Biden moments and he was able to string together coherent paragraphs for his two allotted minutes without a teleprompter. He also held his composure while Trump was interrupting and landing his glancing blows and pot shots that made himself look foolish.

This. He did not look like he had a brain disease tonight. He looked like milky from me myself and irene......kinda like a Qtip. But he acted and sounded normal in the face of a petulant bully. He may not have won the debates but he did not look lost. 

1 minute ago, Patented Phil said:

Trump made a big mistake going after Hunter so strongly.  Americans don’t care about scandals. They just don’t.  He put a father in the position of having to defend his son - which is not a winning strategy.  I’m sure Trump’s advisors have been telling him to drop it, but he keeps coming back to it.  Big misread by Trump.

Trump is right about Hunter. Biden has a good shell move 'it's a lie! it's a lie!". Chris Wallace at that point (both times) just wanted to move on. 

Hunter Biden is the son the media wishes Trump had. We'd hear about it nonstop of it were DonJr, Eric, or :wub: Ivanka :wub: being so corrupt and what's the word I'm looking for.... I'm out the door to pick up my daughter from school... nepotistic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Relax lol, Biden isn't winning 

Biden isn't winning but they made it clear from the last question that Biden will steal it through junk mail in ballot fraud and if you accept the election day results then you are a traitor. 

Pissing hot is a dishonorable discharge in the military. I only spent 20 years in so maybe I know something about seeing it happen. It results in DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE every single time. Like every single time. Not sometimes. I would love to show Biden the discharge papers and have him read them out loud. Your son got kicked the phuck out for being a shltbag. Own it and move on. Anything else is super retarded. 

17 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Trump made a big mistake going after Hunter so strongly.  Americans don’t care about scandals. They just don’t.  He put a father in the position of having to defend his son - which is not a winning strategy.  I’m sure Trump’s advisors have been telling him to drop it, but he keeps coming back to it.  Big misread by Trump.

This sentiment is why I said earlier that the debate isn't changing people's mind.  You're either basing your decision on policy or feelings.  If after 4 years of Trump, you're undecided, you're likely not voting anyway.

77% say Hunter was not a dishonorable discharge. The discharge papers however say 100% he was kicked the phuck out on a dishonorable discharge. I'm confused. 

• Like 2

Trump came across as too aggressive for the "moderate" white suburban women. 

But Biden came across as a dishonest Stepford Candidate with a lifetime of failures.

10 minutes ago, Goggins said:

DU?

🤣

That place is like FBG with testosterone. 

You know it's bad when democratic underground is only 77% for the Democrat candidate.

They say you can judge a man by his children. 

Joe Biden's son is a literal crackhead, cheated on his wife with his dead brother's widow, knocked up a stripper in the champagne room, married a South African chick he knew for 3 weeks, was kicked out of the military for cocaine, took in millions from China, Russia, and Ukraine.

* and Hunter wasn't some poor kid raised in the hood by a single mother with no options, he went to the finest private schools and had everything in life handed to him. 

Really disappointed with this debate.  I knew they'd argue some but this was almost unwatchable.

1)  The format sucked.  What is this "open debate" after each side says something?   Have a traditional format.  An open format for these two is just asking for anarchy, which is what we got.

2)  Very little substance or specifics, from either one.

3)  Trump could have really destroyed Biden with just a few more facts and specificity.  God he had so many opportunities that he just let pass him by.

Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Goggins said:

They say you can judge a man by his children. 

Joe Biden's son is a literal crackhead, cheated on his wife with his dead brother's widow, knocked up a stripper in the champagne room, married a South African chick he knew for 3 weeks, was kicked out of the military for cocaine, took in millions from China, Russia, and Ukraine.

He doesn't want to talk about that son...neither does Wallace.

Why did wallace bring up the "very fine people" hoax?

Why did he change "defund the police" into "community policing"

Why lie about critical race theory and call it equality training?

Chris wallace attacked Trump more than Biden did. 2 on 1

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Really disappointed with this debate.  I knew they'd argue some but this was almost unwatchable.

1)  The format sucked.  What is this "open debate" after each side says something?   Have a traditional format.  An open format for these two is just asking for anarchy, which is what we got.

2)  Very little substance or specifics, from either one.

3)  Trump could have really destroyed Biden with just a few more facts and specificity.  God he had so many opportunities that he just let pass him by.

Ugh.

Just remember it's easy for us in our homes but it's a totally different thing standing on that stage.

I'm sitting here saying just say xyz but when you're in the moment it's hard to get it exactly right.

As much as I love Trump he's never been great getting his point across clearly

Just now, DexterM1776 said:

Just remember it's easy for us in our homes but it's a totally different thing standing on that stage.

I'm sitting here saying just say xyz but when you're in the moment it's hard to get it exactly right.

As much as I love Trump he's never been great getting his point across clearly

I get all that.  But he's been preparing for this for weeks, if not months.  He should have done better.  I feel like he did better 4 years ago against Hitlery.  We'll see how the next one goes.  He also needs to let Joe have his say.  It's a debate, not a monologue or an argument. 

19 minutes ago, Goggins said:

DU?

🤣

That place is like FBG with testosterone. 

Not quite.  It’s a 538 model based on thousands of simulations using state polls and all sorts of other data.

Trump won. Messy but he won. Joe could not name one police union that supports his policy. Joe denounced the New Green Deal and denounced Bernie Sanders. Just right there, he infuriated the radical left and pissed off moderates. So how is he different from Trump? Oh, he does not like police so much. 

21 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

This sentiment is why I said earlier that the debate isn't changing people's mind.  You're either basing your decision on policy or feelings.  If after 4 years of Trump, you're undecided, you're likely not voting anyway.

I’m a huge Trump supporter and have already voted for him.  Again.

Would have been cool if they talked about policy and stuff. Would like to know some details on how Trump is going to replace the ACA and how Biden is gonna to deal with NK and China. It’s just embarrassing that two grow men who want to lead the country can’t even exchange ideas respectfully. 

Also... really bothered me that Trump wouldn’t denounce the Proud Boys and same with Biden and Antifa. Both sides are tards.

How y’all been?

2 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

Would have been cool if they talked about policy and stuff. Would like to know some details on how Trump is going to replace the ACA and how Biden is gonna to deal with NK and China. It’s just embarrassing that two grow men who want to lead the country can’t even exchange ideas respectfully. 

Also... really bothered me that Trump wouldn’t denounce the Proud Boys and same with Biden and Antifa. Both sides are tards.

How y’all been?

Trump did denounce the Proud Boys.  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

How y’all been?

Trump has to go to the gutter because no-one else on the republican side will fight against the liberal media that always goes to the gutter.   So his role as president is expanded.  If Trump takes the high road, he completely loses because then there is no-one to counter the gutter politics from the liberal media.  That's why he beat 16 other candidates in 2016.  Asking Trump to be respectful misses the entire point of why his presidency exists.

In short, if you don't want Trump fighting that battle, then you are a pu**y.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Trump did denounce the Proud Boys.  :dunno:

I must have missed that. I heard him say “stand down and stand by”, which I interpreted as a sort of under the table thumbs up type thing. Then Biden said something about Antifa being an ideology not a group. Don’t see why both guys can’t just flat out denounce both of them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mobb_deep said:

I must have missed that. I heard him say “stand down and stand by”, which I interpreted as a sort of under the table thumbs up type thing. Then Biden said something about Antifa being an ideology not a group. Don’t see why both guys can’t just flat out denounce both of them. 

Well, the context of the question was in reference to all the violence happening in places like Portland.  I think it was unfair of Wallace to phrase the question as if there is an equal amount of blame to go around between right wing and left wing groups.  The lefties/anarchists are the ones burning cities down and attacking police.  And, as much as I disagreed with much of the way Trump went about this debate, I had no problem with him pointing out this fact and not throwing groups under the bus that we haven't seen night in and night out burning down cities.

3 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

Because the Proud Boys have absolutely nothing to do with any of our current problems. The question is not relevant to anything but to make republicans feel guilt and shame.  It is an insulting question.  It is as relevant as asking Trump if he approved of the Iraq invasion in 2003, if he approved of Bush saying "mission accomplished", etc.  If you allow moderators to ask biased questions like that by answering them, then pretty soon they will spend 60 minutes asking shame questions of republicans.

Its awesome that T put his foot down immediately.

3 minutes ago, riversco said:

Trump has to go to the gutter because no-one else on the republican side will fight against the liberal media that always goes to the gutter.   So his role as president is expanded.  If Trump takes the high road, he completely loses because then there is no-one to counter the gutter politics from the liberal media.  That's why he beat 16 other candidates in 2016.  Asking Trump to be respectful misses the entire point of why his presidency exists.

In short, if you don't want Trump fighting that battle, then you are a pu**y.

Well, I guess I’m a pu**y. I‘m just a normal non cable news watching moderate American that wants a working government. I watch the debate because I want to hear the exchange of ideas, not a couple grandpas tit for tatting like 5 year olds. :dunno:

Just now, mobb_deep said:

Well, I guess I’m a pu**y. I‘m just a normal non cable news watching moderate American that wants a working government. I watch the debate because I want to hear the exchange of ideas, not a couple grandpas tit for tatting like 5 year olds. :dunno:

Well get used to it.  This will be the norm going forward.  You can't have one side enjoying a free for all with endless insults and not eventually get a counter.

1 minute ago, riversco said:

Because the Proud Boys have absolutely nothing to do with any of our current problems. The question is not relevant to anything but to make republicans feel guilt and shame.  It is an insulting question.  It is as relevant as asking Trump if he approved of the Iraq invasion in 2003, if he approved of Bush saying "mission accomplished", etc.  If you allow moderators to ask biased questions like that by answering them, then pretty soon they will spend 60 minutes asking shame questions of republicans.

Its awesome that T put his foot down immediately.

Yah I’m not into the whole scorched earth angry guy thing. You’re on another level dude. Do you though, man. :cheers:

Just now, mobb_deep said:

Yah I’m not into the whole scorched earth angry guy thing. You’re on another level dude. Do you though, man. :cheers:

If Trump answers the white supremacist question, he is giving the moderator carte blanche to just ask a slew of questions that have no relevance to the campaign with the aim of making republicans feel guilt and shame.  Its pretty racist of the moderator to even ask it.

3 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

You're a fool getting played. You do you.

If Trump answers the white supremacist question, he is giving the moderator carte blanche to just ask a slew of questions that have no relevance to the campaign with the aim of making republicans feel guilt and shame.  Its pretty racist of the moderator to even ask it.

Guilt and shame about what? 

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

It's a when did you stop beating your wife question that idiots can't see past. A total set up that is used to frame a person in a bad light.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DexterM1776 said:

It's a when did you stop beating your wife question that idiots can't see past. A total set up that is used to frame a person in a bad light.

Honestly my first thought when T was asked that question was to think of a map that overlays white supremacist marches and violence over BLM marches and violence.  You couldn't even find a single dot white supremacist stuff on such a map.  Why is this being asked?

8 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

good to know you are still alive

• Haha 1

Honestly my first thought when T was asked that question was to think of a map that overlays white supremacist marches and violence over BLM marches and violence.  You couldn't even find a single dot white supremacist stuff on such a map.  Why is this being asked?

It's for sheep like mobb. If the media doesn't keep up the false narrative that some how white people are really bad how can they keep pushing the racist angle.

13 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

You're not a puss. You're just not smart enough to understand a loaded question. That has nothing to do with the current state of affairs. And is used to paint one candidate in a negative light.

37 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Not quite.  It’s a 538 model based on thousands of simulations using state polls and all sorts of other data.

🤣

DIgital Underground is a deranged far left forum. 538, aka Nate Bronze, has been a disaster since he got into politics. Go see what he said about Hillary Clinton's chances in 2016.

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

Well, the context of the question was in reference to all the violence happening in places like Portland.  I think it was unfair of Wallace to phrase the question as if there is an equal amount of blame to go around between right wing and left wing groups.  The lefties/anarchists are the ones burning cities down and attacking police.  And, as much as I disagreed with much of the way Trump went about this debate, I had no problem with him pointing out this fact and not throwing groups under the bus that we haven't seen night in and night out burning down cities.

Yah, I dunno. For me personally, I don’t think it really matters who is more to blame than the other. I want to hear them both be denounced and really looking for a unifying message all together. All of this polarization and anger from both sides is just poisoning all of us.

23 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

Are Proud Boys burning down cities? Killing people in the streets? Looting businesses?

Proud Boys may be "energetic" in their anti-Antifa "protests" but they are not committing acts of domestic terrorism across the country. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goggins said:

🤣

DIgital Underground is a deranged far left forum. 538, aka Nate Bronze, has been a disaster since he got into politics. Go see what he said about Hillary Clinton's chances in 2016.

Nate Pewter. I give him credit though for doubling down on his failure. If it happens again he will be looking for another job. He's not getting nearly the attention he got last time.

52 minutes ago, Strike said:

What is this "open debate" after each side says something?  

Trump could have really destroyed Biden with just a few more facts and specificity.  God he had so many opportunities that he just let pass him by.

An open debate where Wallace cut Trump off time after time.  Don't bail Biden out.  If he wanted to say something let him do it himself.  The bad thing i this is how they treat Trump at the Fox News debate.  Imagine what the others will be like. 

If Trump did not feel like he had to interrupt on every statement he could have made more points on things like packing the court, BLM  and who Biden would nominate on SCOTUS.  Biden looked coherent enough and did not have to commit on issues that would piss off Bernie, ANTIFA or the center.

• Sad 1