Sign in to follow this  
Strike

NASCAR 2021 thread

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

I just want more short tracks :(

I think you'll see more short tracks over the next few years.  California Speedway has filed a plan to convert to a short track, for example.  I think the demand is there and NASCAR is finally listening to what people want instead of forcing a bunch of similar races down everyone's throat.  Personally, I'm excited that there are 6 road course races next year. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Only thing missing is a demolition derby---though that has the potential to turn into one.

Demolition derby's are awesome.  As are train and chain racing.  I miss going to the local track where they had those events. 

On 9/30/2020 at 12:16 PM, Strike said:

I think you'll see more short tracks over the next few years.  California Speedway has filed a plan to convert to a short track, for example.  I think the demand is there and NASCAR is finally listening to what people want instead of forcing a bunch of similar races down everyone's throat.  Personally, I'm excited that there are 6 road course races next year. 

6 RC's is cool but I would never want more than that on the schedule... Road Atlanta would've been really cool.

I want Cup to go to Gateway, Iowa, and instead of Indy road course it would've been neat to go back to IRP. I also wish NASCAR would renovate Wilkesboro and make it the championship race. 

Definitely a step in the right direction nonetheless.

I like the idea of a dirt race, but not at Bristol. Go to Eldora for the weekend if you want a dirt race. 

Looks like Pocono is still there. That's unfortunate, as it's easily the most boring race of the year for me. Indy is a snoozefest too, but I get the nostalgia of that race. New Hampshire is also garbage. I'd be happy if they just raced Bristol, Martinsville and Phoenix over and over. 

23 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

I like the idea of a dirt race, but not at Bristol. Go to Eldora for the weekend if you want a dirt race. 

I think I might make the trip to Road America in Wisconsin---get to see a lot of friends and my first Nascar road race.