Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Disney lays off 28,000 employees at theme parks and other units

We are not getting back to normal until at LEAST 2022.  That's what that tells me right there.  Probably longer than that.

The airline industry is looking at laying off / furloughing tens of thousands of workers on October 1st when the CARES act aid expires.

Coca-Cola is already in the process of laying off a significant chunk of its workforce.   Estimates are the layoffs will cost the company $350 million to $550 million.

17 minutes ago, riversco said:

We are not getting back to normal until at LEAST 2022.  That's what that tells me right there.  Probably longer than that.

Who says those 28,000 jobs are required to be considered normal?  Maybe trimming fat is something good coming from this pandemic.

Under Armor is laying off another 600 employees.  This is on top of the several hundred they let go of in the spring.

Ralph Lauren announced a plan last week to lay off thousands of workers OVER THE NEXT SIX MONTHS.

At least your inmates can take solace in knowing they can go to the prison that aligns with the sex they identify as:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-newsom-law-requiring-transgender-prison-inmates-gender-identity

Bunch of people moving out of the bay area as well:

https://abc7news.com/jobs-to-work-from-home-best-2020-remote-near-me-hiring-now/6439596/

Go California!!  All bow to king Newsom!!!!

Universities like the Ohio State and the University of Delaware are layoff off staff because they are hemorrhaging cash with no end in sight.

TRUMP! :mad:

Focking China.....they really screwed up the world with their totalitarian bullchit way of avoiding a black eye....

24 minutes ago, riversco said:

Universities like the Ohio State and the University of Delaware are layoff off staff because they are hemorrhaging cash with no end in sight.

You're worrying me.  😬  What are you doing personally?  Do you have money in the market?  

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stock market up 400

Optimistic view is that congress does a huge bailout of ... everything.

Hopefully some of the woke POS folks at ESPN are among the Disney layoffs. 

32 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Focking China.....they really screwed up the world with their totalitarian bullchit way of avoiding a black eye....

xenophobe! :mad:

26 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Ripple effects of this year will be felt for some time. Some waves haven’t even formed yet. 

there will be more suicides, overdoses and alcohol related deaths than covid in the next year

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

there will be more suicides, overdoses and alcohol related deaths than covid in the next year

We would have been better off just ignoring covid. So many people suffering for a virus with a 99.997% survival rate.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Thinning the herd is not a bad thing.

I predicted these layoffs after the free $ wore off. Corp America will always layoff high paid workers when given the opportunity in order to reset salaries lower. They are not letting this opportunity pass by.

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Has California seceded yet?  I know they have been talking about it.  🤣

One can only hope.  Maybe after Trump gets re-elected.  🤞

2 hours ago, riversco said:

Ok, they're just lying.

19 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

One can only hope.  Maybe after Trump gets re-elected.  🤞

Won't happen. 

Gavin just signed another bill that CA will start researching how reparations can be paid to AA and POC. 

4 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Won't happen. 

Gavin just signed another bill that CA will start researching how reparations can be paid to AA and POC. 

I was talking about CA seceding from the Union.  I don't know how a reparations research project, that affects only CA, would stop them.

26 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Won't happen. 

Reparations for non-black POC???  What the hell for? 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Reparations for non-black POC???  What the hell for? 

The article said AA and people of color. 

When hubs and I were talking about it, we were curious if it also refers to Chinese people. They were the main workers here in the CA foothills; clearing the way for the railroads, etc. 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I was talking about CA seceding from the Union.  I don't know how a reparations research project, that affects only CA, would stop them.

Why would they secede when there is so much free money flowing to people? Inmates are being let go. You can live and on the streets without getting arrested. 

Why secede when you can ask the federal govt for additional money when your forests burn down every year? 

20 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Why would they secede when there is so much free money flowing to people? Inmates are being let go. You can live and on the streets without getting arrested. 

Why secede when you can ask the federal govt for additional money when your forests burn down every year? 

They (California), brought it up, not me.  https://ballotpedia.org/California_Independence_Referendum_in_2021_Initiative_(2020)

3 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

It's brought up ALL the time and there are petitions everywhere. Never takes off. 

I don't doubt that... I'm just rooting for it.  That's all.

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

The article said AA and people of color. 

When hubs and I were talking about it, we were curious if it also refers to Chinese people. They were the main workers here in the CA foothills; clearing the way for the railroads, etc. 

Maybe they can give Chinese folks free Amtrack passes as reparations? 

19 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't doubt that... I'm just rooting for it.  That's all.

State of Jefferson. :)🤞

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Make sure a wall goes up well before a 'yes' vote on that. Bye bye california. I'll miss your good wines. 

I pretty much said that 4 years ago.  Don't build a wall along all of Mexico, just up to the CA state line and put in walking paths with rest stops... then, wall off California.