Sign in to follow this  
Commission on Presidential Debates vows 'additional structure' to prevent repeat of Tuesday night's fiasco...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/commission-on-presidential-debates-vows-additional-structure-to-prevent-repeat-of-tuesday-nights-fiasco-182702768.html

Hours after the nation endured perhaps the most chaotic presidential debate in U.S. history, the Commission on Presidential Debates announced that it would impose “additional structure” in an effort to “maintain order” at the two remaining forums before Election Day.

“Last night’s debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues,” said Wednesday’s statement by the Commission on Presidential Debates, the nonprofit corporation that oversees debate rules. “The CPD will be carefully considering the changes it will adopt and will announce those measures shortly.”

Right from the start of Tuesday’s debate at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, President Trump employed a strategy of interrupting former Vice President Joe Biden at every turn. Biden responded in kind, and the debate soon devolved into a shouting match between the two candidates.

Moderator Chris Wallace of Fox News attempted, but failed, to restore order during the clashes.

“Gentlemen! I hate to raise my voice, but why should I be different than the two of you?” Wallace quipped at one point. “I think that the country would be better served if we allowed both people to speak with fewer interruptions. I’m appealing to you, sir, to do that,” Wallace said, turning to Trump.

“Well, and him too,” Trump muttered, gesturing toward Biden.

“Well, frankly, you’ve been doing more interrupting than he has,” Wallace retorted.

It is unclear what the commission will do to try to prevent further chaos on the stage at the remaining two presidential debates on Oct. 15 and 22, but Wednesday’s statement made clear that it did not hold Wallace responsible for Tuesday night’s fiasco.

“The commission is grateful to Chris Wallace for the professionalism and skill he brought to last night’s debate and intends to ensure that additional tools to maintain order are in place for the remaining debates,” the CPD statement said.

As the debate grew more testy with each passing minute, Wallace stepped in, reminding Trump that he had agreed to the rules that forbade candidates from talking over one another.

“Mr. President, your campaign agreed that both sides would get two-minute answers uninterrupted — well, your side agreed to it. Why don’t you observe what your campaign agreed to as a ground rule, OK, sir?”

“He never keeps his word,” Biden interjected.

On Wednesday, Trump responded to the announcement that the CPD would institute changes before the next debate.

“Try getting a new Anchor and a smarter Democrat candidate!” Trump tweeted.'

------------

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Put a shock collar on Trump to shut him up when it's not his turn to talk.

Only if you put a shock collar on Biden for every lie he says and every time he is asked a question and refuses to answer it. Of course, he wouldn't survive after the first shock.

Also, Trump needed to interrupt, the moderator stopped paying  attention to, prior the debate, challenging biden on his facts.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Only if you put a shock collar on Biden for every lie he says and every time he is asked a question and refuses to answer it. 

Sure.  Is Trump also getting shocked when he lies on top of the times he interrupts?

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Sure.  Is Trump also getting shocked when he lies on top of the times he interrupts?

What did he lie about last night? And what did biden not lie about last night as well as not talk about when asked a question?

Trump needed to interrupt as the moderator doesn't care about blatant lies coming from biden.

We could use some additional structure around here. Especially for Digby34. Because he doesn’t have any. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We could use some additional structure around here. Especially for Digby34. Because he doesn’t have any. 

Leave the Geek Club the way it is. We've got a good thing going here. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Put a shock collar on Trump to shut him up when it's not his turn to talk.

You seem like you have experience wearing a shock collar, do you think it could damage his brain the same?

Just now, BirdGang said:

You seem like you have experience wearing a shock collar, do you think it could damage his brain the same?

How would we know if Trumps brain gets damaged?

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

Just shut off their mic when it's not their turn.  This isn't rocket science.

Sad, huh? The obvious is so hard for these idiots to grasp.

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What did he lie about last night? And what did biden not lie about last night as well as not talk about when asked a question?

“I’m the one that brought back football, by the way. I brought back Big Ten football. It was me, and I’m very happy to do it.” The Big Ten denies he had any part in their decision.

“Seattle, they heard we were coming in the following day and they put up their hands and we got back Seattle, Minneapolis. We got it back, Joe, because we believe in law and order.”  Seattle mayor denied any conversations with the White House.

“Nobody’s done it. … I’ll give you an example. Insulin, it’s going to — it was destroying families, destroying people. … I’m getting it for so cheap, it’s like water. You want to know the truth? So cheap.”  Prices are still high.  He was able to cut some costs for a small amount of seniors.

“There aren’t 100 million people with preexisting conditions.”  There are an estimated 102 million people with preexisting health conditions, according to a 2018 report by the consulting group Avalere.

“Portland, the sheriff just came out today and he said I support President Trump.”  The sheriff denied that instantly on social media.

“I had to close the greatest economy in the history of our country. And by the way, now it’s being built again.”  While the economy was doing very well, it was was not the greatest in the history of our country.

“They said it would take a miracle to bring back manufacturing. I brought back 700,000 jobs. They brought back nothing. They gave up on manufacturing.”  At its high point, about 480,000 manufacturing jobs had been added during the Trump administration.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

“I’m the one that brought back football, by the way. I brought back Big Ten football. It was me, and I’m very happy to do it.” The Big Ten denies he had any part in their decision.

“Seattle, they heard we were coming in the following day and they put up their hands and we got back Seattle, Minneapolis. We got it back, Joe, because we believe in law and order.”  Seattle mayor denied any conversations with the White House.

“Nobody’s done it. … I’ll give you an example. Insulin, it’s going to — it was destroying families, destroying people. … I’m getting it for so cheap, it’s like water. You want to know the truth? So cheap.”  Prices are still high.  He was able to cut some costs for a small amount of seniors.

“There aren’t 100 million people with preexisting conditions.”  There are an estimated 102 million people with preexisting health conditions, according to a 2018 report by the consulting group Avalere.

“Portland, the sheriff just came out today and he said I support President Trump.”  The sheriff denied that instantly on social media.

“I had to close the greatest economy in the history of our country. And by the way, now it’s being built again.”  While the economy was doing very well, it was was not the greatest in the history of our country.

“They said it would take a miracle to bring back manufacturing. I brought back 700,000 jobs. They brought back nothing. They gave up on manufacturing.”  At its high point, about 480,000 manufacturing jobs had been added during the Trump administration.

Skimming the CCN crowd's "fact" list again? You'll fall for anything. :lol:

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Skimming the CCN crowd's "fact" list again? :lol:

I didn't go to CNN.  Is any of it wrong?  To say that Trump didn't say any lies during a debate is such a foolish thing to say.  Of course he did.  You wouldn't even have to watch it to know that he told at least a handful of lies.  That's his thing.  It would be stupid to say that Biden didn't say any lies as well.  Biden say all kinds of stupid things.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I didn't go to CNN.  Is any of it wrong?  To say that Trump didn't say any lies during a debate is such a foolish thing to say.  Of course he did.  You wouldn't even have to watch it to know that he told at least a handful of lies.  That's his thing.  It would be stupid to say that Biden didn't say any lies as well.  Biden say all kinds of stupid things.

Dude, he called CNN/Fake News on you, you have to throw in the towel now, dem's the rules. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Can you put together a list of Biden lies as well?

35 minutes ago, Strike said:

Just shut off their mic when it's not their turn.  This isn't rocket science.

I'm not sure that will work with Trump. He will walk over and talk into Biden's mic.

5 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

I'm not sure that will work with Trump. He will walk over and talk into Biden's mic.

Even if he doesn't walk over, you know Biden's mic will pic up Trump yelling from his podium.  The man needs to prove he can shut up and wait his turn.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I didn't make any claims that he didn't lie but he's a nice link for you.  https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/correct-the-record-fact-biden-makes-33-false-or-misleading-claims-at-the-debate

I know you didn't.  In fact, you specifically said, "It would be stupid to say that Biden didn't say any lies as well."  Since you're in the middle and put together a list of Trump lies, I figured you must have a list of Biden lies as well.

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Even if he doesn't walk over, you know Biden's mic will pic up Trump yelling from his podium.  The man needs to prove he can shut up and wait his turn.

I know. He took Hilary's turn. 

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

I know you didn't.  In fact, you specifically said, "It would be stupid to say that Biden didn't say any lies as well."  Since you're in the middle and put together a list of Trump lies, I figured you must have a list of Biden lies as well.

Simple Google search and Trump's site already had a nice list put together for you.  So... to contest whether Trump, or even Biden, lied last night is pretty dumb.

35 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Let's look at the first one. I don't have time for the rest.

The Trump administration offered to provide the Big Ten conference with enough COVID-19 tests to jump-start the delayed college football season

Trump spoke with the conference’s commissioner, Kevin Warren, on Sept. 1 and acknowledged this week that he was putting “a lot of pressure on” for the football season to return.

After the call with Warren, Trump directed White House staff to provide any federal resources the conference needed, a senior administration official told ABC News.

The ability to secure enough COVID-19 tests was “key,” the official said.

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Let's look at the first one. I don't have time for the rest.

The Trump administration offered to provide the Big Ten conference with enough COVID-19 tests to jump-start the delayed college football season

Trump spoke with the conference’s commissioner, Kevin Warren, on Sept. 1 and acknowledged this week that he was putting “a lot of pressure on” for the football season to return.

After the call with Warren, Trump directed White House staff to provide any federal resources the conference needed, a senior administration official told ABC News.

The ability to secure enough COVID-19 tests was “key,” the official said.

He called Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren on Sept. 1 and offered to help with testing, according to a White House transcript of the call.

The Big Ten announced on Sept. 16 that it would start a nine-week season on Oct. 23. 

On the day of the decision, Trump tweeted, "Great News: BIG TEN FOOTBALL IS BACK. All teams participate. Thank you to the players, coaches, parents, and all school representatives. Have a FANTASTIC SEASON! It is my great honor to have helped." 

It's unclear, beyond the call to Warren and public pressure, how the president helped. League officials credited its medical team with drafting a safety plan. Warren told The Washington Post the conference was paying to test athletes.

An unnamed Big Ten university president told NBC News the return had nothing to do with the president's push.

"President Trump had nothing to do with our decision and did not impact the deliberations," said the university president, who asked not to be identified. "In fact, when his name came up, it was a negative, because no one wanted this to be political."

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Simple Google search and Trump's site already had a nice list put together for you.  So... to contest whether Trump, or even Biden, lied last night is pretty dumb.

I'm not contesting anything.  I was simply asking for your list of Biden lies.

That fiasco is the main reason a ton of people are gonna tune into the next one, watch YouTube videos on this one, watch recaps, click, like etc. Don’t be fooled, this is what they wanted. Who wants to watch boring old men discuss boring things 10% of the people care about or know anything about? We want blood!

20 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He called Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren on Sept. 1 and offered to help with testing, according to a White House transcript of the call.

The Big Ten announced on Sept. 16 that it would start a nine-week season on Oct. 23. 

On the day of the decision, Trump tweeted, "Great News: BIG TEN FOOTBALL IS BACK. All teams participate. Thank you to the players, coaches, parents, and all school representatives. Have a FANTASTIC SEASON! It is my great honor to have helped." 

It's unclear, beyond the call to Warren and public pressure, how the president helped. League officials credited its medical team with drafting a safety plan. Warren told The Washington Post the conference was paying to test athletes.

An unnamed Big Ten university president told NBC News the return had nothing to do with the president's push.

"President Trump had nothing to do with our decision and did not impact the deliberations," said the university president, who asked not to be identified. "In fact, when his name came up, it was a negative, because no one wanted this to be political."

He had conversations well before that with Warren who said himself Trump's move was key. Trump was pushing them for a long time. 

But you prefer unknown sources it seems. Great journalism there. :doh:

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

He had conversations well before that with Warren who said himself Trump's move was key. Trump was pushing them for a long time. 

But you prefer unknown sources it seems. Great journalism there. :doh:

I just don't believe most of what comes out of Trump's mouth because it's BS.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Just just don't believe most of what comes out of Trump's mouth because it's BS.

You sure proved that with your unknown sources vs. the known source.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Just just don't believe most of what comes out of Trump's mouth because it's BS.

Yeah but he never said he went to an all black college. How the f Biden gets away with that is unreal. 

3 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

A true middle-of-the-road voter researches the lies of only one candidate.

This guy gets it. :thumbsup: