Sign in to follow this  
Philo312

Let’s discuss Swift. Who’s holding? Who’s folding?

Let’s discuss D’andre Swift. Anyone see light at end of tunnel soon?  (maybe similar to Kamara’s late break or Sanders last season). 
You guys holding? or folding?  
That week 1 drop might have killed his confidence.   It may take a year for the kid to start balling.   
if he sees only 6 snaps again this week...  he might be drop fodder 

They just gave Adrian Peterson a new $2M contract this week; I doubt if Swift is going to be relevant this year.

2 hours ago, Philo312 said:

Let’s discuss D’andre Swift. Anyone see light at end of tunnel soon?  (maybe similar to Kamara’s late break or Sanders last season). 
You guys holding? or folding?  
That week 1 drop might have killed his confidence.   It may take a year for the kid to start balling.   
if he sees only 6 snaps again this week...  he might be drop fodder 

In a ppr league, Peterson as avg 9.3 and Swift 8.8 ff points per game  

If you have a deep bench and can, I would hang into Swift. N

To many things can happen going forward.  

Non ppr Peterson is avg 8 ff points per game, and Swift is avg 5.8.  

I would still keep Swift if one has the room on the bench to do so. 

Good luck going forward.  

Yeah hold him for now. You likely spent too much draft capital to ditch him after 3 weeks. 

All it will take is one big game - maybe he doesn't get many carries but ends up with a 5/45 catch and a TD type stat-line and becomes tradeable. People love shiny new toys and they'll probably be far more likely to give up something to get a rookie with upside than a guy who's been in the league 3 or 4 years.

You spent a high enough pick you need to hold him. Who is really better to sit at the end of your bench? 

Miles Sanders and Kamara are a few examples of later season breakouts. 

David Johnson was a a droppable guy back in 2015 according to all the experts around week 8-10. Next thing you know he caught fire and won people leagues.   

46 minutes ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

You spent a high enough pick you need to hold him. Who is really better to sit at the end of your bench? 

Miles Sanders and Kamara are a few examples of later season breakouts. 

David Johnson was a a droppable guy back in 2015 according to all the experts around week 8-10. Next thing you know he caught fire and won people leagues.   

The draft is not relevant, particularly 3 weeks into the season. 

Can't say if he should be dropped or held though, don't know rosters and waiver players available. I would add him in a couple of my leagues where RBs are barren

24 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

The draft is not relevant, particularly 3 weeks into the season. 

Can't say if he should be dropped or held though, don't know rosters and waiver players available. I would add him in a couple of my leagues where RBs are barren

Agree that you have to be able to admit your draft mistakes. 

It would depend how deep your bench is.  I think most leagues have a fill in or upside guy on waivers to consider.   If you look past the box scores and watch video this year you can see he is a shell of himself. 

I think there are paths for Swift but there are also paths for others guys like Brian Hill or you use that bench spot for week ahead D or QB streamer stashes that you know will help your lineup to win a week.

With injuries mounting hes becoming more difficult to hold by the week. Thankfully I only have him on one team, but that team has the following players hurt/injury report: Adams, Thomas, Hunt, Gage, Diontae Johnson, Chris Carson.  Its getting to the point I need to make a decision to drop Hines or Swift. I agree the hold/fold question will vary roster by roster though. For me, hes inching closer to fold by the day.

46 minutes ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

With injuries mounting hes becoming more difficult to hold by the week. Thankfully I only have him on one team, but that team has the following players hurt/injury report: Adams, Thomas, Hunt, Gage, Diontae Johnson, Chris Carson.  Its getting to the point I need to make a decision to drop Hines or Swift. I agree the hold/fold question will vary roster by roster though. For me, hes inching closer to fold by the day.

Wow I’m sorry about that, that’s a tough start to this season. 

It’s not his fault he plays for a fat dumbfuck coach who is playing a 37 year old running back over two younger options. 

Kid has talent though, and I have the luxury of waiting on it.

I'd be willing to drop Saquon Barkley for him in seasonal leagues.....

So he has been decent in 3 out of 4 games despite limited touches, I’d have to think AP will wear down and his touches should increase.

Oddly I just got 2 trade offers for him today.  Junk mostly, but weird that apparently several people in my league seem to be targeting him.

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

So he has been decent in 3 out of 4 games despite limited touches, I’d have to think AP will wear down and his touches should increase.

Oddly I just got 2 trade offers for him today.  Junk mostly, but weird that apparently several people in my league seem to be targeting him.

I’m not so sure Peterson wears down as the season goes on, he had 22 att in game three , but the other three he avg 11 rush att. 

I find it interesting that his last two games, Peterson as had 33 rush att, avg only 3.4 yards per rush. 

If you can I would keep Swift, I think the lions need some big plays from their run game, and Swift can deliver if given a chance. 

I don't own Swift but Matt Patricia is a fool and hopefully gets fired soon.  That may open the door to Swift getting more opportunities because the pressure to win would be less.