Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Broncos at Jets: TNF Discussion

One of the best matchups of the season...

Inactives

Broncos: QB Drew Lock, QB Blake Bortles, RB Phillip Lindsay, RB Davontae Harris, OG Netane Muti, TE Albert Okwuegbunam, LB Jeremiah Attaochu

Jets: WR Breshad Perriman, QB James Morgan, S Ashtyn Davis, LB Jordan Willis, S Marqui Christian, CB Quincy Wilson, DL Nathan Shepherd

Anybody suddenly more interested in this game after this week's developments with PIT and TEN?

I have KJ Hamler pressed into service in one league due to the suddenly bye-struck Corey Davis, Derrick Henry, and Juju--and I was flying without a QB2 in one league while Lock was hurt, but nobody picked up Rypien this week, so I grabbed him and put him in the Superflex.

So Rypien to Hamler x 3 TDs would be nice...

Gotta start Crowder with Godwin and Fuller (once again) injured. Only other bench option is Laviska, and I'm liking an 80% Crowder over him.

5 minutes ago, pipeman said:

Gotta start Crowder with Godwin and Fuller (once again) injured. Only other bench option is Laviska, and I'm liking an 80% Crowder over him.

Good call.  Crowder should be yuge.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Good call.  Crowder should be yuge.

Hope so. With the way these injuries keep piling up, it wouldn't shock me to see Elway listed as the emergency QB tonight.

3 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Jets defense in as a Pitt replacement and feeling terrible about it. 

Also have Crowder going. 

Might be a good start. Rypien will see alot of pressure tonight. 

Not watching this game to see what McManus does :bench:

3. 2. 1. ....and queue in the customary Joe Namath tribute! 

3 minutes ago, BuschWack said:

3. 2. 1. ....and queue in the customary Joe Namath tribute! 

Drunk Joe with Suzy Kolber is perfect television.

:lol:   What the fock sh1t was that adidas mahomes commercial. 'We are gonna make a difference'? Really? I'll bet you just as many blacks will be shot dead in Chicago going forward. Go make a difference there the you can start talking.

• Like 1

I guess we're supposed to act like Jeudy made some great play by not getting any separation from a terrible corner and then getting lucky when the ball bounces off the terrible corner's facemask right into his arms.  

The announcers are gushing over him and comparing him to Moss.  I'm thinking that if I had Jeudy in dynasty, I'm counting those points, but I'm not happy he couldn't pull away for one, and he couldn't even jump high enough to high point the ball for two.

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

I guess we're supposed to act like Jeudy made some great play by not getting any separation from a terrible corner and then getting lucky when the ball bounces off the terrible corner's facemask right into his arms.  

The announcers are gushing over him and comparing him to Moss.  I'm thinking that if I had Jeudy in dynasty, I'm counting those points, but I'm not happy he couldn't pull away for one, and he couldn't even jump high enough to high point the ball for two.

Wow.  Aikman actually walked back his statement.  "I don't know if that was a great play by Jeudy or just a terrible play by the cornerback."

Have to give him credit for that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nobody said:

Looked like both to me. A bad play by the corner, and a really good play by the receiver on an under thrown ball..

9 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Looked like both to me. A bad play by the corner, and a really good play by the receiver on an under thrown ball..

Eh. He should've tried to knock the ball down.  The corner should've picked it off.  He got extremely lucky the ball hit the defender in the face and fell right in his lap.  Plus it doesn't matter that it was underthrown.  The defender was running Jeudy's route for him.  If he led Jeudy, the defender would've been right there.

All Jeudy did was jump about 6 inches off the ground and put his hands out like an idiot.  The ball just happened to roll into them.  A really good play would've been to out jump the corner and get his hands on the ball before it hit the defender in the face.

Everyone needs to make sure the guy I'm playing against gets that TD.  Even the Jets tried to help.

9 minutes ago, nobody said:

Eh. He should've tried to knock the ball down.  The corner should've picked it off.  He got extremely lucky the ball hit the defender in the face and fell right in his lap.  Plus it doesn't matter that it was underthrown.  The defender was running Jeudy's route for him.  If he led Jeudy, the defender would've been right there.

All Jeudy did was jump about 6 inches off the ground and put his hands out like an idiot.  The ball just happened to roll into them.  A really good play would've been to out jump the corner and get his hands on the ball before it hit the defender in the face.

Sometimes you win by making a great play.  Sometimes you win because the other guy makes a bad play.

Either way, you win.

9 minutes ago, nobody said:

Disagree, Jeudy still made the play. Didn’t just drop into his hands. Most wrs wouldn’t have caught it

Just now, AxeElf said:

Sometimes you win by making a great play.  Sometimes you win because the other guy makes a bad play.

Either way, you win.

Like I said, count the points.  Just don't expect Jeudy to make a living catching TDs off of defenders' facemasks.

Just now, nobody said:

Like I said, count the points.  Just don't expect Jeudy to make a living catching TDs off of defenders' facemasks.

I wouldn't expect that if he was Jerry Rice.

38 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Disagree, Jeudy still made the play. Didn’t just drop into his hands. Most wrs wouldn’t have caught it

You're right that most WRs wouldn't have caught it.  They would've been smart enough to assume the DB isn't a clutz and try to knock the ball down since it was going to land right in his hands.

Too bad that tightend for Jets just now at the end of the half isn't as good as Jeudy.  If he was better, maybe the defender would've let the ball carom off his helmet into his arms.  He missed his opportunity to make a really good play.

Can't believe they called PI there... OJE with great coverage there!

• Like 1

Man, these Jets receivers aren't very good.  The defenders keep knocking the passes down instead of letting them hit them in the face. 

That PI call was brutally awful. What else is the defender supposed to do? Just awful. 

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't know Alabama had 4 players taken from their offense in the first 15 picks of the draft.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

So Rypien to Hamler x 3 TDs would be nice...

Or Hamler could go down with a hammy in the 1st Q, and Rypien can throw a pick 6.

Whichever.

I honestly don't understand why Denver paid Melvin Gordon.  He is so incredibly average.  Tonight he was given a gift.   Ran up his OL's backs as usual but the jets were so inept that they don't bother to contain.   

I've watched that guy for years and he's got to have some of the worst vision of any rb in the league.   He looks like Eddie George in his later years.   98% of his carries are up his OL's backs for 3 yards.  

End rant 

1 hour ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I honestly don't understand why Denver paid Melvin Gordon.  He is so incredibly average. 

What do you expect?  He went to Wisconsin.

I think that's Joe Thomas on NFL Network post game.  He and Steve Smith got in a pretty heated argument about the Jets dirty play.  Joe brought out the tired ole, "If you don't want them to hit your QB, block better," conveniently ignoring the dirty hits.  Steve Smith was pretty candid.  Then Joe started saying something stupid again, and you could see Steve Smith was getting heated and started saying, "Man, I'm trying not to curse.  I'm trying not to curse."  I notice Steve Smith isn't on the show right now.