Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Electric Lawn Mower

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I’ve pimped the Greenworks 80V system here before and will again.  I’ve got about 6000 sq ft of grass in my back yard, Bermuda in the summer which is fairly thick.  I can do about the entire yard on one charge.  Mower self-propels as well, which takes some of the juice.

I have the blower as well which is awesome, more than enough power.  I already had a trimmer from a different system or I’d get that too.

The consensus is that the accessories are fantastic, mower depends on lawn size and type.

Hey! Great to see you back in the mix Skids! (I know you've been back for a minute) We were holding our collective breath for a day or two.

My guess is you have a growing season and a dormant season like me. Which makes storing gas for the mower over the winter pretty dumb. One more reason to go battery operated. 

I'm looking to get the blower, weed eater and pole saw to round out the collection. 

57 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Nobody cares what you say drunky. Pretty sad that you have nothing to do but get drunk by yourself on a Saturday night and post on a message board. Best to buzz off cause you’re embarrassing yourself with every post. Unlike you, I’m gonna go enjoy the rest of my Saturday night with my friends. Have fun loser :wave: 

Ha. Yet you keep responding- I’m not alone and don’t need to justify - Enjoy your Figby night. 

They are great for some situations. Not great for large magnolia trees, pines, oaks. Need high power to deal with the volume of debris for a long period of time. I do like electric in certain situations. No offense but it will not work for my situation was my point. I need a heavy duty gas mulcher for hours and a heavy duty gas string trimmer.

Depends on the species of grass. Our HOA dictates st Augustine grass and even when it is storming most people in my subdivision only cut every other week.

Maybe the last 2 days it looks overgrown, but mowing once a week would be overkill.

Djgb is kind of being a jerk in this thread, and I am unsure why I am sticking up for him. But it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Depends on the species of grass. Our HOA dictates st Augustine grass and even when it is storming most people in my subdivision only cut every other week.

Maybe the last 2 days it looks overgrown, but mowing once a week would be overkill.

Djgb is kind of being a jerk in this thread, and I am unsure why I am sticking up for him. But it is what it is.

I only dish out what I’m given. You act like a d1ck then expect me to act like it back. Generally, I’m a really nice guy and will get along with anyone. But it seems like you guys tend to come in with a stick up your ass and be complete d1cks to people for no reason. No one is gonna be nice if you act like that to them. 

And our HOA isn’t that strict at all. But I still wouldn’t like for my yard to go more than 2 weeks without being mowed. 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Hey! Great to see you back in the mix Skids! (I know you've been back for a minute) We were holding our collective breath for a day or two.

My guess is you have a growing season and a dormant season like me. Which makes storing gas for the mower over the winter pretty dumb. One more reason to go battery operated. 

I'm looking to get the blower, weed eater and pole saw to round out the collection. 

Thanks, just killing time in the hospital.  The thicker Bermuda grows dormant in winter when you can plant a rye which is much finer.  This year I’m not doing that because of my situation, and my lawn is in the back yard.

5 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

My lawn was always mostly weeds, so I had to crop it short every few days to keep from being that guy on the block.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

My lawn was always mostly weeds, so I had to crop it short every few days to keep from being that guy on the block.

We are still talking about actual lawns right ? Because I have to trim my ..... 

9 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I need a heavy duty gas mulcher for hours and a heavy duty gas string trimmer.

My 80volt Kobalt trimmer runs rings around my old Echo with 0 maintainance and trips to buy fuel. Don't knock it til you try it.

Now there’s an HOA involved. And the tale grows thicker. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Now there’s an HOA involved. And the tale grows thicker. 

It’s probably an exclusive one at that. Ha. 

35 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

It’s probably an exclusive one at that. Ha. 

Of course. And I bet in his HOA he can hang all the flags he wants. 

47 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Prob gonna just go by Lowe’s and see what they got. Check out the prices 

Cool story bro. “Prob” a good idea

4 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Cool story bro. “Prob” a good idea

Nobody cares bro. Just keep proving my point 

19 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

You have no point. We all laugh at you. 

Wrong again drunky. Of course you’ve had like 10 aliases so it’s clear who’s the most pathetic one around here :lol: 

34 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Wrong again drunky. Of course you’ve had like 10 aliases so it’s clear who’s the most pathetic one around here :lol: 

OK I’m sure everyone else is done with our BS. It’s 3 and they aren’t aliases since I don’t hide behind them. 
You are a clueless POS. 

Sorry but you’re on ignore. I’ve got no more time for a liar who does nothing but troll. Goodbye forever drunky. Hasn’t been nice knowing you. Don’t die from liver failure too early though 

Hey Digby, when did you buy a house? And get a job?  Honest questions because I thought you were going to not work so you could focus on PA school.  

15 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Hey Digby, when did you buy a house? And get a job?  Honest questions because I thought you were going to not work so you could focus on PA school.  

We bought the house last month. But I don’t have a job cause of PA school. Wife got a better job here and also I get paid to go to school from the military while also having my school paid for (Post 9/11 bill). We actually got lucky with this house. It’s only 2 years old and the previous owners were an older couple (in their 50s) that did a TON of landscaping to the yard and built a nice shed in the back with a ramp and lights. The fridge that came with the house is one my wife’s parent just bought. Exact same model. They said the focker was $6K so we got a nice ass fridge included. I keep finding out more and more about the house while we stay here. Love the place

9 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

My 80volt Kobalt trimmer runs rings around my old Echo with 0 maintainance and trips to buy fuel. Don't knock it til you try it.

I have hedges around my whole 4K sq ft single level house. I have a gas Husquarna with the trimmer attachment. I can barely do it with a full tank of gas and that's not counting the other bushes. Electric will not work for me.

I will say, Husquavarna has a new electric lawnmower which actually might for for me but it's like 2K dollars. Mostly because it's a robot. I would totally do that if the price comes down and it's reliable. You set the path and it cuts it every few days or so. Makes sense but not for 2K. If the get it to 1K or so sure. I would totally do it.

40 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I have hedges around my whole 4K sq ft single level house. I have a gas Husquarna with the trimmer attachment. I can barely do it with a full tank of gas and that's not counting the other bushes. Electric will not work for me.

I will say, Husquavarna has a new electric lawnmower which actually might for for me but it's like 2K dollars. Mostly because it's a robot. I would totally do that if the price comes down and it's reliable. You set the path and it cuts it every few days or so. Makes sense but not for 2K. If the get it to 1K or so sure. I would totally do it.

You got a 4k square foot house and a 2K lawnmower has you worried?

5 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

We bought the house last month. But I don’t have a job cause of PA school. Wife got a better job here and also I get paid to go to school from the military while also having my school paid for (Post 9/11 bill). We actually got lucky with this house. It’s only 2 years old and the previous owners were an older couple (in their 50s) that did a TON of landscaping to the yard and built a nice shed in the back with a ramp and lights. The fridge that came with the house is one my wife’s parent just bought. Exact same model. They said the focker was $6K so we got a nice ass fridge included. I keep finding out more and more about the house while we stay here. Love the place

Unbelievable 

• Haha 1

I don’t think hardcore retard knows I put him on ignore as well as drunky. Either way, bet the retard will keep responding, essentially talking to himself. So basically no change for him :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I don’t think hardcore retard knows I put him on ignore as well as drunky. Either way, bet the retard will keep responding, essentially talking to himself. So basically no change for him :lol: 

Im on ignore yet you respond to my post without anyone quoting me within minutes. Fibgy indeed. 

On 10/3/2020 at 9:55 PM, jerryskids said:

I’ve pimped the Greenworks 80V system here before and will again.  I’ve got about 6000 sq ft of grass in my back yard, Bermuda in the summer which is fairly thick.  I can do about the entire yard on one charge.  Mower self-propels as well, which takes some of the juice.

I have the blower as well which is awesome, more than enough power.  I already had a trimmer from a different system or I’d get that too.

The consensus is that the accessories are fantastic, mower depends on lawn size and type.

Was checking that one out. Does it come with a bag? 

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Was checking that one out. Does it come with a bag? 

Mine did.  It was more than $200 when I bought it though.  21 inch diameter so good sized.

I don’t recall you saying your lawn size or type?

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Mine did.  It was more than $200 when I bought it though.  21 inch diameter so good sized.

I don’t recall you saying your lawn size or type?

Not sure if the dimensions of the yard. But it’s the right size for a push mower. Any bigger and then I’d be looking at maybe a riding mower. But the yard and landscaping is really nice so I don’t want the grass blowing into the bushes and the mulch. I’ll take a look at Lowe’s next weekend and check it out 

4 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You got a 4k square foot house and a 2K lawnmower has you worried?

It's an old home from the early 70's. I also stole it during the housing crisis. Go check out that Husqvarna robot though. I think that one is the real deal. Not worth over 2K but I would totally do that one. It cuts every few days so your yard always looks perfect.

On 10/3/2020 at 12:43 AM, MTSkiBum said:

I only need to mow once, power output is pretty good.

There is a reason the tesla is a badass in the 0-60 time and that every train and major piece of mining equipment uses electric motors.

It's interesting that people here think electric motors have less power when its gas engines that have more limitations.  :dunno:

• Thanks 1

Pretty obvious Digby34 bought a trailer.  Lol. 

Any time I see that HT posts in this thread I know it’s just some pathetic attempt to try and bait a response. Too bad retard doesn’t realize he’s on ignore and won’t get one :lol: 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Any time I see that HT posts in this thread I know it’s just some pathetic attempt to try and bait a response. Too bad retard doesn’t realize he’s on ignore and won’t get one :lol: 

Tilt! 

8 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

It's interesting that people here think electric motors have less power when its gas engines that have more limitations.  :dunno:

The main reason is I’ve had electric yard equipment before. They ALL had less power than gas. They ALL were less reliable. I’ve ALWAYS had to buy a gas powered one after a year cause the electric one didn’t work as well anymore. 

This reason is why I’m so hesitant to buy an electric mower 

• Like 1

Oh man. I hope Digby doesn’t kick the dog. He’s burning up! 

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

The main reason is I’ve had electric yard equipment before. They ALL had less power than gas. They ALL were less reliable. I’ve ALWAYS had to buy a gas powered one after a year cause the electric one didn’t work as well anymore. 

This reason is why I’m so hesitant to buy an electric mower 

Nothing has changed. It's still the same situation.

Just now, FlyinHeadlock said:

Nothing has changed. It's still the same situation.

Which is why I don’t know if I can justify spending $200-$300 on a mower only to have to replace it in a year