Sign in to follow this  
jdon

How to deal with week 4: make it a bye for everyone?

I am considering, especially if the lions/saints game gets cancelled, and we are unsure about KC/NE, and with baltimore tennessee moved to a later week...  just having my whole league take the weekend off.

What I would do is ask everyone to empty their rosters, play no one, and I would cancel points from thursday night.  basically everyone scores zero points and everyone takes a tie. Or something along those lines.

I don't have any saints, lions, raven, or titans so there isn't a comflict of interest for me to worry about.  Have hill from KC I guess.

Is this genius or way too overeactive?  

thanks in advance.

My league came to an agreement prior the draft, that any cancelled games would end our season. Pitt and Tenn being postponed was early enough to adjust.. but the last minute games would end it.

So your idea could be a saving grace for our league for at least a week.

No I don’t like it. 

Just like what was posted on another thread.

Let owners play their players that might be efficient by the mandemic, but let them also let the commissioner know of a replacement player , if by chance the player of choice doesn’t play, they still get the points by their replacement player.  

Right now I have three players involved, and there isn’t anything I can do about it, but are league is continuing on. 

Good luck. 

If Lions/Saints gets postponed (no suggestion this is actually happening) and Chiefs/Pats isn't played this week, that's still 13 games you can pick players from. 

Fantasy players need to adjust, this is why deeper benches/IR spots/last minute substitutions have all been mooted all off season.

Just treat it like injuries and do your best to replace them.

The league's not stopping, why should you?

Also worth noting - just because a single player tests positive doesn't necessarily jeopardise a game. AJ Terrell of the Falcons tested positive ahead of week 3 and there was no talk of Falcons-Bears being cancelled. Titans feels like a one-off, given the spread around the squad and staff.

Just play on as normal.  As of now, the main change is Titans/Steelers now have a week 4 bye and all Patriots/Chiefs/Lions/Saints (except for those who tested positive) should be considered questionable.

Just more evidence to needing both skill and luck in FF imo.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Just play on as normal.  As of now, the main change is Titans/Steelers now have a week 4 bye and all Patriots/Chiefs/Lions/Saints (except for those who tested positive) should be considered questionable.

Fixed your last line.  The "skill" in FF or any semblance of it has been long removed.  The internet elminated skill or trying to "out-research" the other guy.  Its OK.  It is what it is.  But, Einstien brains are NOT required to play FF or win consistently.  Not anymore.  The "computer" does it for you now.

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I believe that with the perspective of hindsight, 2020 will eventually be viewed as an outlier in terms of the amount of "luck" involved in fantasy championships that year.

Most years, Axe Elf is all the luck you need.

22 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Okay. And then what happens next week?

Edit: your Melvin Gordon owner will likely not support this suggestion.

What happens next week? 

20 hours ago, TimHauck said:

It’s all luck 

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Treat every week like a normal week.

Can’t.