Sign in to follow this  
Law

Wentz

I don't get all of the hate towards him in the FF media. They all seem to skip over the fact that the OL is a sieve and he has little help at WR. I mean, they're playing guys they called off the street! I'd like to know what QB not named Mahomes could play well in these conditions. I don't think many, if any, could.

I don't think the hate is towards Wentz, but the whole Philly situation. Since he's the face of the franchise and getting paid the most, he takes the "blame".

Wentz has regressed since Frank Reich left. Pederson isn't getting the job done playcalling or coaching. 

Receivers do completely blow outside of Ward and he should be a #3. Jeffrey should be cut and Jackson is a waste of time now. JJ alphabet soup is a bum as well.

Hopefuly Quez Watkins becomes something.

15 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Pederson isn't getting the job done playcalling or coaching. 

Totally agree on this! This guy gets so much cred, but I don't see why. What has he done lately?

39 minutes ago, Law said:

Totally agree on this! This guy gets so much cred, but I don't see why. What has he done lately?

Absolutely zero since Reich and QB coach John DeFilippo left.

Wentz is a warrior, at least he battles. He was missing 3 or 4 starting OL. The Eagles even had to put that project Australian rugby guy in at RT for a few plays last night...

13 hours ago, rallo said:

Wentz is the Jordan Spieth of football...

Sorry , but who is Jordan Spieth. 

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Sorry , but who is Jordan Spieth. 

He's the Carson Wentz of golf, apparently.

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Exactly

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Thank you. 

I feel like this is Wentz last stand this weekend.  I believe the whole line is back as well as all his pass catchers sans ertz.  Playing a Browns team without Garrett who have been lit up by burrow twice. Weather should be normal.  Zero excuses here.  Get it done carson. 

27 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Unfortunately, he just threw a pick 6.

Not for those of us starting the Browns D!

And another pick in the red zone! 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

That pick 6 was one of the worst QB decisions I’ve seen in a long, long...... long time.

Nonsense, he never saw ward who hit him as he let it go causing the pick.

• Thanks 1

>>Only two QBs in our database have a game with 2+ INTs, 5+ sacks, a fumble, a pick-six, and a safety: Jay Fiedler in 2003 vs the Patriots Carson Wentz today vs the Browns.<<

PFR

29 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I missed it you’re right.

But this wasn’t good.

no it wasn't, he mostly stunk. But the weather was bad, not like mayfield did much either.

• Thanks 1

He's got Seattle next week. Anyone gonna use him?

I was gonna, but now I may go with Dalton vs Wash or Lock vs NO.

On 11/21/2020 at 2:10 PM, American Chewy said:

I feel like this is Wentz last stand this weekend.  I believe the whole line is back as well as all his pass catchers sans ertz.  Playing a Browns team without Garrett who have been lit up by burrow twice. Weather should be normal.  Zero excuses here.  Get it done carson. 

Yikes. He’s been bad and he looked awful today. He’s holding the ball way too long. Indecisive and inaccurate. It’s a recipe for disaster.

3 hours ago, Law said:

He's got Seattle next week. Anyone gonna use him?

I was gonna, but now I may go with Dalton vs Wash or Lock vs NO.

Wow don’t like any of those matchups n

This deserves a bump. Wentz has to be one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL, if not the worst. His mechanics are terrible. He stands in the pocket with his feet spread super wide (making him considerably shorter in the pocket, and possibly contributing to inaccuracy.) and his arm motion is incredibly long and slow. 

Im still not sure how he regressed so much so quickly, but looking back on his “MVP” type season. Sure he threw for 33 and 7 but he only completed 60% of his passes. Also the fact that Foles came in and didn’t miss a beat is truly telling. Has anyone watched Foles lately? He’s terrible lol

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Im still not sure how he regressed so much so quickly, but looking back on his “MVP” type season. Sure he threw for 33 and 7 but he only completed 60% of his passes. Also the fact that Foles came in and didn’t miss a beat is truly telling. Has anyone watched Foles lately? He’s terrible lol

This is just re-writing history.  In the first 4 games that Foles played, after replacing Wentz, he was 53-97 (54.6 comp%), for 481 yards (4.96 y/a), with 5 TD's and 3 In'ts... a 76.9 passer rating.

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Im still not sure how he regressed so much so quickly,

Multiple serious injuries and a horrific O-Line might have something to do with it...

Taking over as starter
QBPhiladelphia Eagles
December 8, 2020
Head coach Doug Pederson plans to name Hurts the Eagles' new starting quarterback ahead of Sunday's game against the Saints, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wentz this season, is not the problem, he's the result of the problem.

Exactly, I think people are rapidly going to come to the realization that Jalen Hurts won't be any good behind a terrible OL either

58 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Exactly, I think people are rapidly going to come to the realization that Jalen Hurts won't be any good behind a terrible OL either

Maybe.  Hurts is definitely more mobile, so he may be able to create more with his legs, and that's fine... but it may disguise the fact that the problems still exist.  People will see more fantasy points and just assume Hurts is better.  Hurts also has something else going in his favor... "newness".  There's no film on him yet.  He may be able to come out and excite because no one completely knows how to stop him.  It's not like we're in week 5 and there'll be a lot to go on.  There's only 4 games left and some of the teams just may not have enough to go on and it's also possible that Pederson and Co may run all kinds of different plays to keep defenses guessing.

That's all well and good in the short term, but it will eventually catch up with them.  Maybe even as soon as January.  The salary cap is going down next year and if the Eagles just cut Wentz (which I don't really see happening), that's another $59M added to their cap.  That's a $70M hit to their 2021 roster that they weren't expecting last summer when they gave Wentz that extension.

42 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Maybe.  Hurts is definitely more mobile, so he may be able to create more with his legs, and that's fine... but it may disguise the fact that the problems still exist.  People will see more fantasy points and just assume Hurts is better.  Hurts also has something else going in his favor... "newness".  There's no film on him yet.  He may be able to come out and excite because no one completely knows how to stop him.  It's not like we're in week 5 and there'll be a lot to go on.  There's only 4 games left and some of the teams just may not have enough to go on and it's also possible that Pederson and Co may run all kinds of different plays to keep defenses guessing.

That's all well and good in the short term, but it will eventually catch up with them.  Maybe even as soon as January.  The salary cap is going down next year and if the Eagles just cut Wentz (which I don't really see happening), that's another $59M added to their cap.  That's a $70M hit to their 2021 roster that they weren't expecting last summer when they gave Wentz that extension.

Hurts is more mobile but he's not as good a passer so it's a trade off.

Maybe the teams rallies around him and they play better but I don't see it making a big difference. Philly is done. I think it's okay if they play Hurts and see what they have. Wentz is their guy for the time being though. His contract makes it nearly impossible for them to get rid of him. That's okay, because I ultimately think he's the better QB. If they can ever get things fixed, the OL, the RBs and WRs, then he's not going to be an issue. As long as the rest of the team is a mess, he'll struggle like 90% of QBs.

The race for the NFC East is between the Giants and the Football Team.

8 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This is just re-writing history.  In the first 4 games that Foles played, after replacing Wentz, he was 53-97 (54.6 comp%), for 481 yards (4.96 y/a), with 5 TD's and 3 In'ts... a 76.9 passer rating.

You’re cherry picking stats. He only started 6 games and got hurt in one of them. Why would you only single out 4 of the 6 games? His performances is NFC championship and SB were both arguably better than any game Wentz had all season if you wanna pick and choose stats to fit your narrative.

FWIW, Nate Sudfeld replaced Foles in that game and went 19 for 23 passing. Nate. Sudfeld.