Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Patriots at Chiefs: MNF Discussion

13 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

I think this would have be a NE win if Cam was in.

what about if Chris Jones had played? or Breshaud Breeland?

14 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

This is boring.  I'm sure belichick likes it that way 

I like a good defensive battle.  The Patriots defense is still pretty stout.  But so are the Chiefs.

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

I like a good defensive battle.  The Patriots defense is still pretty stout.  But so are the Chiefs.

You were there, weren't you?  I've got to believe the 2nd half was much more fun to watch than the 1st.  If I'm going to a Chiefs game I want to see the Ferrari, I don't want to see a dependable Toyota.

9 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

You were there, weren't you?  I've got to believe the 2nd half was much more fun to watch than the 1st.  If I'm going to a Chiefs game I want to see the Ferrari, I don't want to see a dependable Toyota.

I was there.  And I've watched enough football to appreciate a win no matter how it happens. I've also seen the Chiefs make a journeyman QB look like an MVP candidate over the years.  Hoyer was not that at least.  Belicheck did a great job game-planning for the Chiefs and held us in check, no doubt.  Much better than the Ravens did.  And if the Pats offense could have put anything together it would have been a game.  

In terms of the Chiefs defense, hopefully Chris Jones' groin is better by Sunday and it will be great to get Breeland back from his four game suspension.  As much credit as the Chiefs offense deservedly gets, the defense is really good too and should be even better with those two in the lineup.

To your point though, our emotions during the second half were much more pleasant feeling than those expressed in the first :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

what about if Chris Jones had played? or Breshaud Breeland?

Apples and oranges....I love fruit. Guess Henne could have won that game🙄

The 1972 Dolphins should be concerned.

But even if the Chiefs don't go undefeated this season, next year they also get back the only RB in the history of the NFL to rush for 100 yards and score both a rushing and a receiving TD in the same SuperBowl.  (Imagine if he was playing THIS year.)

8 hours ago, stonewall said:

January 19th, 2002. Tuck rule.

Karma may be delayed, but always an eventuality.

Still easily the WORST call in the history of the NFL and possibly all of organized sports.  Ever.  It was never ever called prior and the rule was scrapped shortly thereafter.  But, it "launched" one of the cheesiest "dynasties" in history.   Karma. :)

1 hour ago, RoadLizard said:

Still easily the WORST call in the history of the NFL and possibly all of organized sports.  Ever.  It was never ever called prior and the rule was scrapped shortly thereafter.  But, it "launched" one of the cheesiest "dynasties" in history.   Karma. :)

Yeah...Karma😅😂

Patriots:👍🍺💥

2 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

:blink: Wow, I didn't think there were any of you around anymore. Is that you, or did tanatastic steal your password? Real student of the game, I see. It was called 4 times that season, including on a nationally televised Monday night game, where it benefited Kurt Warner. And if 12 years is "shortly after", then I guess you're right.

Thanks for the laugh, kid. :clap:

15 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

:blink: Wow, I didn't think there were any of you around anymore. Is that you, or did tanatastic steal your password? Real student of the game, I see. It was called 4 times that season, including on a nationally televised Monday night game, where it benefited Kurt Warner. And if 12 years is "shortly after", then I guess you're right.

Thanks for the laugh, kid. :clap:

Blah blah. Did Warner "benefit" by having a super bowl berth handed to them? Nah, they earned theirs.  That’s OK. Still the worst call in the history of civilization.  Fact.

8 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Blah blah. Did Warner "benefit" by having a super bowl berth handed to them? Nah, they earned theirs.  That’s OK. Still the worst call in the history of civilization.  Fact.

:clap: "Blah Blah".....Something tells me you're still gonna continue to spout the "first time it was ever called" crap, or even "they made it up on the spot" crap. That's OK, Don Quixote, keep tilting at windmills

On 10/7/2020 at 7:52 PM, Thornton Melon said:

:clap: "Blah Blah".....Something tells me you're still gonna continue to spout the "first time it was ever called" crap, or even "they made it up on the spot" crap. That's OK, Don Quixote, keep tilting at windmills

You're so clever.  Worst call in the history of pro sports and everyone not living in Boston knows it.  Fact.

49 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

You're so clever.  Worst call in the history of pro sports and everyone not living in Boston knows it.  Fact.

I think the non-PI in Saints/Rams was worse (but not sure if even that was the worst in the history of pro sports)

• Like 1

I am so sick of the Chiefs not going undefeated.  Four straight years of 4-0 starts, only to collapse into just another Super Bowl winning season.  I'm giving them one more year before I bail on these losers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Nope.

You know, you really need to let it go...you'll feel much better.

sorry, first home game I've missed this season