Jarvis Basnight

Kareem Hunt - Sell or Hold?

Lotta RB talk on the board, and I just decided to add to it.

Kareem Hunt owners, or non-owners, is he a superstar from here out or could the current hype signal its time to sell?  I own Mike Davis and am looking to approach the McCaffrey owner to possibly send him Hunt and I'd get McCaffrey.  I am lucky enough to have plenty of depth at the RB spot and am thinking about swinging for the stars.

How good is Hunt going to be without Chubb?  How many more touches does he get?  Will Cleveland now make him their bell cow?

7 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Lotta RB talk on the board, and I just decided to add to it.

Kareem Hunt owners, or non-owners, is he a superstar from here out or could the current hype signal its time to sell?  I own Mike Davis and am looking to approach the McCaffrey owner to possibly send him Hunt and I'd get McCaffrey.  I am lucky enough to have plenty of depth at the RB spot and am thinking about swinging for the stars.

How good is Hunt going to be without Chubb?  How many more touches does he get?  Will Cleveland now make him their bell cow?

Next 2 weeks might not be great, but after that he will be an RB1. If you can get CMC for him then hell yeah! I know the CMC owner in my league would tell me to go F myself if I offered him Hunt...

• Haha 1

Keep Hunt. Still early in the season. Even with Chubb he was still worth keeping. There are going to be more RB injuries. I doubt you get CM for Hunt. That person would be an idiot.

Make the offer, good luck. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it about just about my team and what I should do.  But you can tell from my original that I may believe he should be a sell right now.  The hype is up there.

I know he's really good, and I know Cleveland's OL is good too.  Plus Stefanski is showing some creativity with the play calling.  I just wonder if Cleveland believes in committees now and Hunt could be more hype than production while Chubb is out.

I was thinking about making a run at Davante Adams. Hunt will definitely be 1A, but I think the Browns are going to rotate others in, preventing him from going nuclear... also, I could see Chubb getting worked back in after the bye. 

I'm also tempted just to hold, I'm RB rich ATM, but this has been a crazy year.

Hunt is a rb1 in ppr, I don’t see who you can get for him. 

Kamera, Jones, The Zeke, Cook, Carson owners aren’t going to take it, so you might get the Robinson’ owner ,or a wr1 for him  

But I would keep him, and enjoy. 

Its simple.  Unless you are already SOLID at RB and really need an upgrade at another position, you keep Hunt.  I'm not buying Johnson splitting carries with Hunt.  Hunt was banged up going into the DAL game, and CLE was playing with a lead until the end.  It makes sense they took some carries away from him.  I don't see Johnson getting more than 5-8 carries per week, and Hunt will get 15 - 20 touches per game.  

• Like 1

I'm in full rebuild mode in dynasty, with plenty of interest from contenders in Hunt.

What type of haul can be expected?

I'm looking for 2 first round picks minimum, and a filler to make the contract years work.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, unloopme said:

I'm in full rebuild mode in dynasty, with plenty of interest from contenders in Hunt.

I'm looking for 2 first round picks minimum, and a filler to make the contract years work.

Thoughts?

Sounds like you will be a Hunt owner for years to come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Sounds like you will be a Hunt owner for years to come.

I forgot how helpful you can be. Thanks!

QB - Ryan

RB - Cook

RB - A Jones

Flex - K Hunt

WR - Cooper

WR - Diontae Johnson

TE - Kittle

Bench RB - J Robinson, D Henderson, J Williams

Bench WR - Devante Parker, Edelman

Bench TE - Engram

I was thinking of trading Ryan & Robinson combo for one of the top 3 QB. I talked myself out of trading for another WR, Johnson will beast once he is back. DJ > JuJu. 

If a owner spent a high draft pick, which they probably did, for one of the top three qbs , I don’t think Ryan and Robinson would get it done when looking at your current roster. 

I would want more , I see those top three Rbs, I would want one of them. 

Ryan wouldn’t really interest me.  

8 hours ago, unloopme said:

Thoughts?

Its only been 4 weeks isn't everyone a contender.

Good luck getting two 1st round picks. If I'm rebuilding in a dynasty I would be targeting young future stud WRs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super Cubs said:

Good luck getting two 1st round picks. If I'm rebuilding in a dynasty I would be targeting young future stud WRs.

That's the situation I'm in.

Drafted Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb.

Ruggs hasn't done anything but Jeudy and Lamb are coming along nicely, getting better each week.

CeeDee Lamb is already a WR2 and Jeudy has been a good flex option.

Think I have two starters for years to come.

Trading Hunt for either and maybe a pick would be a good move IMO

1 hour ago, Super Cubs said:

Yeah man, 2 1st's was greedy. lol

Got an offer for a 2021 First, 2022 Second, and Courtland Sutton. 

So pissed my league got axed. Kamara, Hunt, Wilson, Kelce still on my roster. My Chubb went down but also had Drake. WR's were good. Man. I was headed for another championship. I was scoring over 220 pts PPR in the playoffs. Just a devastating team.