AintNoStoppinMeNow

UPDATE: Tua Time Coming Soon? - Tua In, Fitzpatrick Out

The pressure is mounting in Miami for the Dolphins to turn to their rookie QB. The great starts by the other two rookie QB's in Burrow and Herbert is just adding fuel to the fire. Brian Flores has already come out and said Fitzpatrick is his Week 5 starter but for how much longer can he keep Tua on the bench? This week the Dolphins get the 49ers followed by the Broncos. They could hold off and wait until around their bye week when oddly enough they play the Jets before and after the bye. If Tua takes over sooner rather than later, what would we consider his fantasy prospects to be? Is he worth stashing now for the QB needy teams out there?

They should be force-feeding Tua nothing but every single angle of every single play by the Jets D so far this year, and then trot him out against the Jets before the bye.  Win or lose, he takes two weeks to study the film from that game, and then he's unleashed on them again.

Perfect scenario.

• Like 1

Sale Parker now.  

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Sale Parker now.  

Why?  Either Tua is an upgrade over Fitz, and Parker/Williams turn into fantasy gold, or he's not, and they go back to Fitz, and Parker retains his current value.  So there's really no downside to holding onto him.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Why?  Either Tua is an upgrade over Fitz, and Parker/Williams turn into fantasy gold, or he's not, and they go back to Fitz, and Parker retains his current value.  So there's really no downside to holding onto him.

Are those the only 2 options? What about Tua plays worse than Fitz but once they make the switch they go with Tua, barring a total disaster, as starter for rest of season? That seems like a very possible if not probable scenario.

• Like 1

Lol P Williams shouldn’t even be taken up space on anyone’s roster.  

I think once they make the switch, there is no going back, unless there is a injury, I would sale Parker while he has value. N

2 hours ago, Donkey said:

Are those the only 2 options? What about Tua plays worse than Fitz but once they make the switch they go with Tua, barring a total disaster, as starter for rest of season? That seems like a very possible if not probable scenario.

Well yeah, I suppose an NFL coach MIGHT adopt a policy of playing his less productive players over his more productive players--but at that point Parker would be benched anyway, and we'd be back to the Dolphins of 2 or 3 years ago.

I believe in progress.

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

They should be force-feeding Tua nothing but every single angle of every single play by the Jets D so far this year, and then trot him out against the Jets before the bye.  Win or lose, he takes two weeks to study the film from that game, and then he's unleashed on them again.

Perfect scenario.

I actually agree completely. I'm a Phins fan and hope this is being discussed.

What I REALLY want to know is why did they dig up Chan Gaileys' corpse?

54 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I think he starts sooner than later 

Tua went to Alabama, not Oklahoma.

Received a text today, yeah from the Parker owner, oh boy that owner is fishing. 

Tuafish

On 10/6/2020 at 4:53 PM, Donkey said:

This. 

That said, while the poster you are responding to didn't consider this possibility, which is imho far more likely than them going back to Fitz once they go to Tua, the first possibility remains and Tua, despite being a talented runner, can throw the ball accurately, I believe.  Worth the shot to hold.  That said, Fitz does sling it, so Miami will have to be better overall while likely being a little more well-rounded for Parker's value to go up.

Very interesting move. I don't follow the dolphins, but it seems like this is the 1st year in a long time that through 6 games, they're actually in contention in the AFC East.

Seems fans might be a little bit upset if this backfires. On the other hand, they didn't pick this guy number 5 overall to have him sit on the bench. 

Hope he does well, & looks for DeVante Parker often!

wow no . That is kinda surprising. I have been holding him in a superflex where even the good backups are gone in hopes this would happen. 

Sale high 

I"m not sure I agree with the move.

FitzMagic has played reasonably well the first 6 weeks.  hes upset some good teams.

by putting the rookie in, if the team does not do as well (and that is likely as it is the Dolphins) the rookie takes the blame.

why not let Fitz lose one or two more games and then put Tua into a no pressure situation?

That being said there is an exception to this.

if Tua is by far looking better than Fitz in practice, then it is fair to make the change.   I cannot evaluate that as I havnt seen them practice.

I guess the rationale is that with the bye week he has 2 weeks to get ready.  That is usually the point where a rookie gets their first start.  I just feel that Fitzmagic has actually played well enough to keep him off the field.

I am a big believer that a player should earn their starting job not have it given to them.   and in this case, it looks like the latter and not the former.

I agree, the Dolphins have played back to back great games, now after their bye they will make a Qb change, it doesn’t make sense to me either. 

Young QBs need reps, the Fins know they aren’t serious contenders. This is about next year...

30 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Young QBs need reps, the Fins know they aren’t serious contenders. This is about next year...

I get it.

but at the same time is 2 or 3 fewer games going to really upset the Career of Tua?

in the grand scheme of things I dont think it does.  This is a young team. I believe there is a need to set a precedent that you earn your job.  it isnt given to you.

but then again.... this is the Dolphins.   they also turfed Tannehill who nearly led the titans to a superbowl.   I suppose my expectations were too high here.

On 10/6/2020 at 6:40 PM, AxeElf said:

Perfect scenario.

More pinpoint accuracy from Axe Elf.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I get it.

but at the same time is 2 or 3 fewer games going to really upset the Career of Tua?

in the grand scheme of things I dont think it does.  This is a young team. I believe there is a need to set a precedent that you earn your job.  it isnt given to you.

but then again.... this is the Dolphins.   they also turfed Tannehill who nearly led the titans to a superbowl.   I suppose my expectations were too high here.

Agreed. 

If they wanted to toss out the season, just start the rookie weeks ago , this sends a bad message to Dolphins fans. 

Right now they are second in their division, just played back to back great games, and now they throw in the towel. 

This is the Dolphins.  

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

More pinpoint accuracy from Axe Elf.

Doesn’t work on your own ff team. 

19 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Doesn’t work on your own ff team. 

Works on my team, your team, any team with Tua.

You're welcome.

I very well may be wrong, but I'm calling it now, if this team loses their next 4 games and they drop from playoff contention or playing for next year... the players are going to quit on Flores and Flores will not be the Dolphins HC in 2022.  You hear it all the time that the players feel you should never lose your job when you're playing well.  You also hear that players always want to win "this year because you never know what next year holds".  Well, this offense just scored over 60 points in their last 2 games and winning both convincingly, in part because Fitzpatrick was playing really well.  They're putting Tua in.  If they are 3-7 and Tua plays poorly, it's too late, there's no going back.  This is a very risky move by Flores that may backfire in a way that could cost him his job.

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I very well may be wrong, but I'm calling it now, if this team loses their next 4 games and they drop from playoff contention or playing for next year... the players are going to quit on Flores and Flores will not be the Dolphins HC in 2022.  You hear it all the time that the players feel you should never lose your job when you're playing well.  You also hear that players always want to win "this year because you never know what next year holds".  Well, this offense just scored over 60 points in their last 2 games and winning both convincingly, in part because Fitzpatrick was playing really well.  They're putting Tua in.  If they are 3-7 and Tua plays poorly, it's too late, there's no going back.  This is a very risky move by Flores that may backfire in a way that could cost him his job.

Agreed. 

Unless the rookie gets hurt, this is it. 

If I were Jerry Jones I’d run not walk to my private jet and go get fitz. Dalton is complete trash and salvaging the season is still possible in that pathetic division. 

52 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

If I were Jerry Jones I’d run not walk to my private jet and go get fitz. Dalton is complete trash and salvaging the season is still possible in that pathetic division. 

I wouldn't. The Cowboys are broke way beyond the QB.

May as well lose out and get good draft picks.

Why trade for a QB and try to win a few more games and mess that up?

Even if they were able to manage and win the NFC East, they'll get blown out in week 1 of the playoffs.

Put me in the camp of disagreeing with this move, probably is coming from gm and /or owner. But as above poster pointed out we're not seeing practices so guess we'll have to see what happens when Tua gets on the field.

Naw it would be a complete mistake to go after Fitz.  

I have Fitz in my 2 QB league and I was shocked cause he played pretty good. Is Tua worth picking up or should I hold on to Fitz?  Or maybe pick up Garoppolo or Carr?

17 minutes ago, Tuxedosam said:

I have Fitz in my 2 QB league and I was shocked cause he played pretty good. Is Tua worth picking up or should I hold on to Fitz?  Or maybe pick up Garoppolo or Carr?

Fitz has no value, unless the rookie gets hurt.  I can’t believe in a two Qb league that Carr would still be available. 

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

maybe they feel they have nothing to lose.  when they did the fire sale last year (or was it the year before) players were asking to be traded.

I dont think this wiill do much to help the teams morale.

the way you said this really nailed it on the head.   you shouldnt lose your job when you are playing well.

i feel bad for Fitz, but this is the dolphins.  hopefully Fitz gets traded. 

I, for one, wouldnt want to play for this organization.

53 minutes ago, Tuxedosam said:

in a 2 QB league Tua should be owned unless this is a league with less than 10 teams. 

go get him.   dont wait.

-edit-  Garoppolo and Carr are available too?   thats odd for a 2 QB league.  i wouldnt expect them to be waiver wire fodder in that format.   Carr might be ok(safer), but Tua. iikely presents the higher upside.  depends what you are looking for.