Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Meth Tweekers

Julio news??

2 minutes ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

I am a little confused. CBS gives him 2.4 points this week. Yahoo has him at 17 points. I hear he may miss a few weeks? Too little info on this. Does anyone know? 

Follow the practice reports, but as a Julio owner, I can tell you I’m not playing him until he’s off the injury report/and/or makes it through a full game relatively unscathed...

3 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

They need to trade him and he needs to be traded.

That Patriots rumor going around was interesting for sure.

He's reminding me of how Calvin Johnson ended

Traded him straight up for Golladay today - sick of the hamstring issues & Matt Ryan ignoring him in the red zone.

Droppable at this point. With the Falcons not a contender this year, he has no motivation to ball out....esp. if he has any injury concerns at all. Get what you can for him on name reputation asap.

59 minutes ago, tecklc2112 said:

Traded him straight up for Golladay today - sick of the hamstring issues & Matt Ryan ignoring him in the red zone.

Wow congrats, that’s a great move. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Droppable at this point. With the Falcons not a contender this year, he has no motivation to ball out....esp. if he has any injury concerns at all. Get what you can for him on name reputation asap.

Guy in my dynasty league, just joined like 2 weeks before the season, he had Julio Jones and was offered DK Metcalf and a 3rd round pick, he turned it down

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

I think I may send this silly  post to Julio to give him the "motivation" he so desperately needs...

36 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I think I may send this silly  post to Julio to give him the "motivation" he so desperately needs...

I'm sure you caught a whiff of the hyperbole I was employing, but the general thrust of my statement is true. All great WR's have a shelf life, and eventually tail off. Oh sure, he is still capable of having a big game here or there when truly healthy and motivated. After all, he possessed some of the best ball skills I have ever seen. He's pushing 32 years old though, and I do believe that just like Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, T.O. and Dez from days gone by.....owners will hold on to dreams of days gone by as that player slowly (and sometimes quickly) fades into FF oblivion. 

No hyperbole concerning my recommendation to sell him though.....while that name still demands fantasy respect.

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

Guy in my dynasty league, just joined like 2 weeks before the season, he had Julio Jones and was offered DK Metcalf and a 3rd round pick, he turned it down

Oh my soul.  

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Oh my soul.  

He's 0-4    😆😆

11 hours ago, polecatt said:

WTF?  Anyone trying to trade away DK should have their head examined.  And someone turning that trade down.......well......

41 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

WTF?  Anyone trying to trade away DK should have their head examined.  And someone turning that trade down.......well......

It was frustrating for me because I had spent a good week trying to get DK. I was gonna try and trade for Julio at that point but one of the other deals I was working went through for Kamara and I didn't have the ammo any more.

this is one where i thiink you need to sit him unless you have no choice.

they could sit him up to a few minutes prior to kiickoff and you'd potentally be screwed.

thats a small window to make a roster change.   even then.... if he plays, and hes still hurting......how much playiing time does he get?

best to avoid the situatiion if possible

Owned him once, that was enough. 

On 10/7/2020 at 9:17 PM, stonewall said:

Good call Stonewall🙄. Your fantasy opinions are like George Costanza in the episode 'the opposite'. If all your fantasy instincts are wrong then surely the opposite must be correct...

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Good call Stonewall

On 10/7/2020 at 9:56 PM, stonewall said:

I'm sure you caught a whiff of the hyperbole I was employing, but the general thrust of my statement is true. All great WR's have a shelf life, and eventually tail off. Oh sure, he is still capable of having a big game here or there when truly healthy and motivated. After all, he possessed some of the best ball skills I have ever seen

I can only wish that I had the time to sit around and try to remember what other posters have stated about FF players. Yes, I miss sometimes......if not, I would be a filthy rich. In fact, I'll help you out with another one.....I was dead wrong about Mattison today.

Truthfully, I don't care enough to delve into your, undoubtedly, flawless resume. I've already called you out about misinterpretations/misrepresentations you've submitted on my behalf concerning McLaurin last season. However, I didn't think I would have to do it concerning statements being in this very thread. Nice try, though.

Again, when Julio is healthy and motived, he's among the best. He has a couple of great games this season, as well as a couple of stinkers....along with some missed time. Today was one of his good games.....and I would be looking to sell if I was an owner.

Lastly, I'd be glad to define hyperbole for you if you so desire.

54 minutes ago, stonewall said:

I can only wish that I had the time to sit around and try to remember what other posters have stated about FF players. Yes, I miss sometimes......if not, I would be a filthy rich. In fact, I'll help you out with another one.....I was dead wrong about Mattison today.

Truthfully, I don't care enough to delve into your, undoubtedly, flawless resume. I've already called you out about misinterpretations/misrepresentations you've submitted on my behalf concerning McLaurin last season. However, I didn't think I would have to do it concerning statements being in this very thread. Nice try, though.

Again, when Julio is healthy and motived, he's among the best. He has a couple of great games this season, as well as a couple of stinkers....along with some missed time. Today was one of his good games.....and I would be looking to sell if I was an owner.

Lastly, I'd be glad to define hyperbole for you if you so desire.