Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Marquise Brown: FFToday #17 WR rest of way?

Similar to the discussion around Mostert (but the opposite), I noticed FFToday has Marquise Brown as the #17 WR the rest of the way.

In my league he's the #48 WR.  He's doing OK , but am I missing something about why he would be ranked so high? 

Right now he’s avg less points per game this season then he did last season. 

It must be wishful thinking. N

I don’t see him being a mid wr2 rest of this season.  

Gallup is also ranked oddly.. hes ahead of CeeDee Lamb.. why.. Dak threw for 502 last week and Allup only have 2 receptions.. yes, 2.

Apparently some haven’t grasped the concept of progression to the mean...

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

Apparently some haven’t grasped the concept of progression to the mean...

Including you.  It's "regression" to the mean.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Including you.  It's "regression" to the mean.

Yeah, I’m aware, but progression to the mean sounds better to make the distinction between a player who hasn’t done well, thus will do better in the future to reach the mean, versus the inverse. Your self-appointment as the bored grammar police is duly noted...

yeah...in the mostert thread i also basically questioned the ranking of chark.....

#36? i get it...there are a ton of talented wrs out there with better qbs and situations....but theyll be throwing late into games almost every week....and chark almost reminds me of a middle class version of a prime AJ green.....the two td catches he had sunday were pretty damn good.....amazing concentration and foot work...and then just strong/tough grab with a cb draped on him at the goal line....

I sure hope he does if not better. He's all I got left at WR. Currently  paired with Cooks. The injury bug is real. 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Yeah, I’m aware, but progression to the mean sounds better to make the distinction between a player who hasn’t done well, thus will do better in the future to reach the mean, versus the inverse. Your self-appointment as the bored grammar police is duly noted...

It wasn't a grammatical error, it was a nominal error.  You called regression to the mean "progression to the mean."

Statistically, the "mean" (or average) is ground zero.  If observed values stray from the mean in either direction--high or low--future observed values are expected to be closer to the mean by virtue of regression to the mean--returning back to ground zero--from where they had strayed (in either direction).

My experience with Hollywood is he sucks to have on your roster. Week 1 2019 was his best game of the year, week 1 2020 was his best game this year. The rest have been a frustrating boom/bust roller coaster. His obvious talent and my ego prevent me from cutting bait, and he is locked into my WR3 or Flex spot out of stubborness. 

FFT also projects Lamar Jackson as the #1 QB rest of season, maybe they see something I don't. Currently he is 27th in passing yards and in a 5-way tie for 11th in passing TDs. I don't watch Ravens games so I don't have any analysis, hope the FFT gods are correct though, I could use some consistent production from Hollywood. 

11 minutes ago, Goggins said:

My experience with Hollywood is he sucks to have on your roster. Week 1 2019 was his best game of the year, week 1 2020 was his best game this year. The rest have been a frustrating boom/bust roller coaster. His obvious talent and my ego prevent me from cutting bait, and he is locked into my WR3 or Flex spot out of stubborness. 

FFT also projects Lamar Jackson as the #1 QB rest of season, maybe they see something I don't. Currently he is 27th in passing yards and in a 5-way tie for 11th in passing TDs. I don't watch Ravens games so I don't have any analysis, hope the FFT gods are correct though, I could use some consistent production from Hollywood. 

Hey great post, great points.  

2019 his first four games.  

L Jackson had 134 pass att, 1110 yards and 10 tds. 

2020 first four games  

L Jackson, 98 att, 769 yards and 7 tds. 

Hollywood in 2019 games 2-4 he posted 14 ff non ppr points.

In 2020 he’s posted 13 ff non ppr point games 2-4.

Jackson has missed him on several shots down field.. If Jackson would have made a better throw, we would be talking about what a star he is. 

Tennessee solved Lamar Jackson in the playoffs last year. He can’t throw outside the numbers. He’s a great fantasy QB at this point. But he’s not making many around him better. One man band. 

39 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I’m done here. It’s too bad, Brown looks fine & the schedule is choice, problem is the ball cant get to him.

Yup same here

What a big disappointment Hollywood as been. 

I'm gonna keep trotting that Hollywood reject out there every week. After suffering through weeks of disappointment, I refuse to miss out when (if) he blows up.

I think that’s the problem, he already did blow up.  

Hollywood has been horrific.. no reason to keep him unless in the deepest of leagues

Snead is the wr on the Ravens to own, he’s been getting a few tds.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Snead is the wr on the Ravens to own, he’s been getting a few tds.  

It's funny what gets noticed and what doesn't. The Bal offense has definitely changed, and as has been pointed out elsewhere Greg Roman has been figured out before (Kaepernick) and besides (with LJ) those 2 magnificent QB seasons hasn't really generated much as an OC. I thought what might happen after the Bal bye was that they might come out of it with a rededication to getting the ball to Andrews and Brown, but instead it certainly looks like Snead has been factored in - he's gone 7, 4 & 7 targets in the 3 post bye games. Roman is a run guy, passing wise he's not complicated. Watching that Pats game it seemed clear to me they were trying to get LJ targets he could hit.

Why did they bother drafting Boykin? He can’t not get thrown to as well as Dez Bryant?