Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Offered T/E Tonyan for Kupp

Never

12 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

So that's a no I take it..

It was more of a "Why would you even ask that?"

I'd be insulted someone even thought that was a good deal. Tonyan had his biggest game of the year this past week and Hockenson is a top 10 tight end on the season so far. Tight Ends are a wasteland and you've got one who is worthwhile already. Just keep him.

18 hours ago, AxeElf said:

It was more of a "Why would you even ask that?"

Yeah I got that. What gave me pause is Green Bays history of T/E utilization over the years, particularly when they have a good run game combined with brutal winter weather in G/Bay. With Adams a walking hamstring you see how their offensive is being deployed. Should that continue the T/E in their scheme takes a prominent role much like N/E when they had Gronk.

As for Hockensen his top 10 ranking is similar to being the cleanest shirt in the hamper, so to speak.

No need for you to be cynical.

Your trade partner is selling ridiculously high on Tonyan after two strong games without Davante Adams in the line-up. He's most likely not going to get 3 TDs in a game again, and with Adams in the line-up his redzone looks will be cut in half if not more. 

Don't do it.

2 hours ago, wolves111 said:

Yeah I got that. What gave me pause is Green Bays history of T/E utilization over the years

It should give you pause.  Green Bay is a notoriously poor team for fantasy TEs.  In the last 10 years, they've had a fantasy-relevant TE twice (2015 and 2011).  The other 8 years, GB TEs have averaged 36.3 receptions, 412 yards, and 2.3 TDs per season.

Tonyan was just in a favorable position with Adams and Lazard out to have a big game, and he did--but I wouldn't go chasing one huge game as if he's now the focus of the Packers' offense.

2 hours ago, show me the murray said:

Your trade partner is selling ridiculously high on Tonyan after two strong games without Davante Adams in the line-up. He's most likely not going to get 3 TDs in a game again, and with Adams in the line-up his redzone looks will be cut in half if not more. 

Don't do it.

I didn't. 

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

It should give you pause.  Green Bay is a notoriously poor team for fantasy TEs.  In the last 10 years, they've had a fantasy-relevant TE twice (2015 and 2011).  The other 8 years, GB TEs have averaged 36.3 receptions, 412 yards, and 2.3 TDs per season.

Tonyan was just in a favorable position with Adams and Lazard out to have a big game, and he did--but I wouldn't go chasing one huge game as if he's now the focus of the Packers' offense.

Well to be fair it's over three games not one that he was a #1 t/e. Presently, albeit a small sample size, he's the #2 scoring t/e. Compared to my other two t/e's he's solid.