edjr

Bill Maher nails it AGAIN!

9 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Is this what's going on nowadays? Are the rest of you seeing it?

Oh yeah. I have friends of mine that are recovering alcoholics and I wonder how they stay off the booze. It’s everywhere.  

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Yep.  He is spot on.  Beer especially, is absolutely everywhere in the US.  

We used to have Friendly's restaurants here up in the northeast and I really miss them.  It was just a business model that had no chance. A restaurant that has no booze, will eventually go out of business. There is no way to make enough money off selling food alone.  Sure your mcdonalds and fast food maybe, but they sell fast, they don't really have sitdown customers that take up space

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh yeah. I have friends of mine that are recovering alcoholics and I wonder how they stay off the booze. It’s everywhere.  

That is the biggest thing where I am from. So many recovering junkies have booze thrown in their faces every day, everywhere they go. Their families drink, their friends drink.

I think being a person that can't drink, is just a terrible way to have to live the rest of your life. It's like a form of torture.

Sh1t, we went to the beach last night, got there at 5. Had a few beers, 2 tequila shots.  

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

That is the biggest thing where I am from. So many recovering junkies have booze thrown in their faces every day, everywhere they go. Their families drink, their friends drink.

I think being a person that can't drink, is just a terrible way to have to live the rest of your life. It's like a form of torture.

Sh1t, we went to the beach last night, got there at 5. Had a few beers, 2 tequila shots.  

Yup. I told a friend of mine he should slow down or he will have to stop completely. I asked him if he wanted to be like the guys we know, who can’t hang out and if they do they have to leave quick. Seems he’s listening but who knows. 

52 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Is this what's going on nowadays? Are the rest of you seeing it?

Absolutely. 

Mommy-Wine Culture is HUGE too...even before Covid. "I need  a drink, been with the kids ALL day..." It's everywhere. 

56 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Absolutely. 

Mommy-Wine Culture is HUGE too...even before Covid. "I need  a drink, been with the kids ALL day..." It's everywhere. 

everything is better with wine?  No. It's gross

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yup. I told a friend of mine he should slow down or he will have to stop completely. I asked him if he wanted to be like the guys we know, who can’t hang out and if they do they have to leave quick. Seems he’s listening but who knows. 

As a recovering alcoholic, moderation is nearly impossible for some people...there might come a time when he needs a friend. Just saying. 

Not drinking during Covid last year wasn't bad, but I had some decent time under my belt before it all hit. I knew that drinking through it wouldn't solve anything and likely make things worse if I was just home all the time with hubs and kids. Didn't make sense to me to pick it back up, I guess. 

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

As a recovering alcoholic, moderation is nearly impossible for some people...there might come a time when he needs a friend. Just saying. 

Not drinking during Covid last year wasn't bad, but I had some decent time under my belt before it all hit. I knew that drinking through it wouldn't solve anything and likely make things worse if I was just home all the time with hubs and kids. Didn't make sense to me to pick it back up, I guess. 

He wasn’t always hitting it this hard and he’s in his mid fifties.  We’ll see. 

• Like 1

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, edjr said:

Maher has been nailing it, although IMO this topic is such low hanging fruit that it almost seems unfair.  Kinda like men competing with women in sports, how far down the rabbit hole do you need to go to actually support a separate NATIONAL anthem?  :wacko: 

38 minutes ago, edjr said:

It's funny to hear Whoopi Goldberg talk about racial stuff when she was just fine going to an event with Ted Danson in blackface. 

31 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Maher has been nailing it

Yeah, AFTER the election.  Only the very first video of this is before November, and only 4 weeks before the election.  I'll be surprised if he has anything damning to say about liberals come November 2023 in the year up to the 2024 election.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, AFTER the election.  Only the very first video of this is before November, and only 4 weeks before the election.  I'll be surprised if he has anything damning to say about liberals come November 2023 in the year up to the 2024 election.

He would probably proudly say that he was part of the media conspiracy to bury whatever data necessary to ensure that Trump didn't win re-election.  :dunno: 

• Like 1

Conservative snowflakes please beware, he does poke fun at Trump a couple times, but the rest of it I know you agree with.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Dude is a national treasure

Odd, I thought you were going to say he is a faygot because he is afraid of words.  :dunno: 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

Loved the White Supremacist SAT question.  :lol:

:doublethumbsup:   I fear that some trumpsters won't make it that far and that will be too bad.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Conservative snowflakes please beware, he does poke fun at Trump a couple times, but the rest of it I know you agree with.

His tds is what makes him annoying. Can he do anything without mentioning him?  And I’m not a trumpster 

• Like 1

I like Maher. Saw one of his shows once. But he did a bit too much foot stomping the last few years, another one that branded Trump a fascist blah blah when he’s just an a-hole. He also still thinks there’s something to the Russia hoax, can’t let go. I like how he keeps saying there is no proof about the shenanigans that went on in the 2020 election.  True, it hasn’t been proven (proof), but there is evidence. There is a difference. Enough for Trump to win? Probably not. But there sure looks like there was fukery afoot.  A lot more than usual.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I like Maher. Saw one of his shows once. But he did a bit too much foot stomping the last few years, another one that branded Trump a fascist blah blah when he’s just an . He also still thinks there’s something to the Russia hoax, can’t let go. I like how he keeps saying there is no proof about the shenanigans that went on in the 2020 election.  True, it hasn’t been proven (proof), but there is evidence. There is a difference. Enough for Trump to win? Probably not. But there sure looks like there was fukery afoot.  A lot more than usual.  

Sometimes people just can't let things go.  Not that you'd know anything about that :)

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

Sometimes people just can't let things go.  Not that you'd know anything about that :)

18-1 and ALCS 2004? Nope. Never will. Can’t. Hell and Heaven. 

Thank you Bill Mahr, lets return power back to those with more centrist views, among BOTH parties

25 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Thank you Bill Mahr, lets return power back to those with more centrist views, among BOTH parties

heres something to think of

which policy has the right put in thats not centrist?

which policy has the right proposed that is far right?

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I cannot think of one......perhaps there is an example I am not aware of.

3 hours ago, edjr said:

Go to 3:27 to see 6 people who hate America.  And they are destroying the Democratic party, 

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

What the hell does centrist mean?  You either think education should be public or private.  There is no mix. There is no blended.  Once you have partial public education, economic forces will drive all education to be public over time.  If you think a mixed economy is a permanent state then you arent a centrist you are a moron. 

15 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

What the hell does centrist mean?  You either think education should be public or private. 

I think it should be both. if you want to pay for it, that's your right. If you po, you should go to public college.

41 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Go to 3:27 to see 6 people who hate America.  And they are destroying the Democratic party, 

In a state that has/had;   Ted Kennedy,  Ed Markey, and Lizzy Warren - it's hard to believe but Ayanna Presley laps them all.    Just a fundamentally awful human being.      Look up her bio - why is anyone listening to her for anything?    She was a campaign intern in college, became a democratic admin hack directly after college, and somehow got herself elected to congress.    Literally never had a job outside of politics in her life.   Never ran a business, never served in the military, never did anything but be a dem hack in one of the dem-hackiest cities in the country.    Why do we vote for these people?????

4 minutes ago, Masshole said:

In a state that has/had;   Ted Kennedy,  Ed Markey, and Lizzy Warren - it's hard to believe but Ayanna Presley laps them all.    Just a fundamentally awful human being.      Look up her bio - why is anyone listening to her for anything?    She was a campaign intern in college, became a democratic admin hack directly after college, and somehow got herself elected to congress.    Literally never had a job outside of politics in her life.   Never ran a business, never served in the military, never did anything but be a dem hack in one of the dem-hackiest cities in the country.    Why do we vote for these people?????

Obummer! :mad:

3 hours ago, edjr said:

I think it should be both. if you want to pay for it, that's your right. If you po, you should go to public college.

But economically that makes no sense.  Over time, market forces will make all education public.  You CANT have both. 

3 hours ago, edjr said:

Why should someone that didn’t go to college pay for someone to go and make more money than they guy paying for it? How about we just make it affordable? Maybe there doesn’t need to be a dean with an office every two feet? 

17 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why should someone that didn’t go to college pay for someone to go and make more money than they guy paying for it? How about we just make it affordable? Maybe there doesn’t need to be a dean with an office every two feet? 

There is no perfect answer. I do know that free college for all is not the answer.

3 hours ago, edjr said:

There is no perfect answer. I do know that free college for all is not the answer.

4+ more years of nursery school for most people. College is dumbed down because everyone goes and 80% of the people there don't belong.

9 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

4+ more years of nursery school for most people. College is dumbed down because everyone goes and 80% of the people there don't belong.

And 80 pct of the administrators are not needed. Glorified baby sitters.