edjr

Bill Maher nails it AGAIN!

7 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

dumb-@$$... work at a Goodwill... what is WRONG with you.... wanting to be knocked out.... slut... punks.... dumb-@$$.... freak.... SO ignorant....laughing hysterically at you... HYPOCRITE/CHRISTIANS... weird losers...

Seriously, how old are you? I'm not criticizing, it's just your writing style is so.... unique. Here's a tip kid, don't take politics so seriously. 

7 hours ago, jerryskids said:

It was good until the end, which seemed kinda forced.  Then again I am a conservatard.

He always does that. TDS BIGTIME with Maher 

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

Seriously, how old are you? I'm not criticizing, it's just your writing style is so.... unique. Here's a tip kid, don't take politics so seriously. 

Rusty alias. Obviously 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Made it about 12 minutes this week. Complete garbage. He’s so bad when he has two leftists on the panel. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, edjr said:

My wife said amen about 20 times during that.  :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Made it about 12 minutes this week. Complete garbage. He’s so bad when he has two leftists on the panel. 

Yup, that's one of my issues with Maher.   He has too many doosh libs on his panels and then they get him going and that feeds his lib doosh side.    He needs to do better than every 6 months inviting Ben Shapiro on his panel.    

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 9:58 PM, jerryskids said:

My wife said amen about 20 times during that.  :thumbsup:

Weird..She screams OH GOD when shes with me

🤣

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Weird..She screams OH GOD when shes with me

🤣

Like, one of the Saw movies?  :dunno:

On 3/19/2022 at 6:49 PM, GobbleDog said:

husky is rusty.  he is using multiple aliases on the forum currently.  i think he might even be talking to himself sometimes.

Notice how the applause comes on very slowly after he makes the initial comment ?

I can envision all the liberals in the audience trying to process anything that could be politically incorrect about the statement, while looking around to see if anyone else thought it was OK ?

Translation: When it comes to thinking for themselves, they're a little bit slow.

Watch these 2 liberal twits who just can't accept the truth. Still yammering on about Russian bots.  Bill Maher, speaking truth again. 

Just now, edjr said:

Watch these 2 liberal twits who just can't accept the truth. Still yammering on about Russian bots.  Bill Maher, speaking truth again. 

He also commented on what’s going on in schools and asked the two liberal pansies what’s so wrong with letting kids be kids and not taking about gender and sex issues? Why can’t they keep their innocence for a little while? Those two castrated yes men didn’t say boo.  I’d like to slap the shite out of the both of them. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He also commented on what’s going on in schools and asked the two liberal pansies what’s so wrong with letting kids be kids and not taking about gender and sex issues? Why can’t they keep their innocence for a little while? Those two castrated yes men didn’t say boo.  I’d like to slap the shite out of the both of them. 

I knew their retort to everything Maher said before he spoke a word. 

• Like 1

From 3 years ago, but pretty relevant today

31 minutes ago, edjr said:

From 3 years ago, but pretty relevant today

I noticed he went with the beige look on the killers he showed. 

One of his best. 

• Thanks 2

I like Maher but sometimes he shows how out of touch he is. A couple of weeks ago he was annoyed because Kelly Anne Conway kept bringing up gas prices. He even made a joke along the lines of  "good thing I drive a Tesla". Conway was maybe avoiding a question when she brought it up but he was overboard with his annoyance.

Last week Crystal Ball, from Breaking Points, brought up the stock market crash at the beginning of Covid and his reaction was "what stock market crash are you talking about? There was a crash and nobody noticed?". He completely forgot about it and then tried to make her look stupid because she referenced it. He's just so rich that it doesn't affect him like normal people who depend on it for retirement. 

I love the show and I mostly like Maher, but he is out of touch.

9 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I like Maher but sometimes he shows how out of touch he is. A couple of weeks ago he was annoyed because Kelly Anne Conway kept bringing up gas prices. He even made a joke along the lines of  "good thing I drive a Tesla". Conway was maybe avoiding a question when she brought it up but he was overboard with his annoyance.

Last week Crystal Ball, from Breaking Points, brought up the stock market crash at the beginning of Covid and his reaction was "what stock market crash are you talking about? There was a crash and nobody noticed?". He completely forgot about it and then tried to make her look stupid because she referenced it. He's just so rich that it doesn't affect him like normal people who depend on it for retirement. 

I love the show and I mostly like Maher, but he is out of touch.

Saw that. And he never calls out actual Democrats. Nothing about Pelosi, the squad, Schumer. He’ll go after the woke movement and millennials, but for a political commentator he only names names on one side. He’s a party loyalist. 

On 6/21/2022 at 7:08 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Saw that. And he never calls out actual Democrats. Nothing about Pelosi, the squad, Schumer. He’ll go after the woke movement and millennials, but for a political commentator he only names names on one side. He’s a party loyalist. 

Like the lefties who support BLM, which is a tranny, lgbtq movement, because they think it's a black movement, Maher is one who thinks the party he supports, still exists, because he thinks it does.  In reality he hates everything about the party that truly exists.  He lives in the fantasy world that so many lib "party followers" live in. 

20 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Like the lefties who support BLM, which is a tranny, lgbtq movement, because they think it's a black movement, Maher is one who thinks the party he supports, still exists, because he thinks it does.  In reality he hates everything about the party that truly exists.  He lives in the fantasy world that so many lib "party followers" live in. 

Right. Maher's idea of what the Dems used to be, are far gone. he is in the minority.

We need to have a 5 party system.

Left and right Loonies. Left and Right centrists and center. 

Good article that sums up my feelings about Maher pretty well.     https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/15/dear-conservatives-can-we-please-stop-caring-what-partisan-hack-bill-maher-thinks/

Excerpts:

If Maher could be credited with anything, it’s that he has become very good at looking like a serious intellectual who’s occasionally funny without actually being either. No doubt, his fans probably feel they are learning something when they listen to him. But as soon as his captive audience of clapping seals is gone, it becomes immediately apparent that Maher is another thoughtless, out-of-touch celebrity.

He was one of the first comedians on television to make political partisanship a central component of his comedy. He preceded Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and all the other talk show hosts who now do the same thing. 

Besides amounting to unfunny propaganda, Maher and these comedians’ brand of humor has mostly had the effect of stifling debate and reinforcing leftist orthodoxy. Anyone who dares to work with Republicans or breathes a word of sympathy for conservative ideas will now face the wrath of these court jesters and their followers. As a result, they have largely turned serious political discussions into puerile banter and transformed leftist pundits and politicians into sassy mean girls.

1.) No person should ever care what a celebrity says about politics.

2.) Yeah- it is Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, and Stephen Colbert who are stifling debate. What an eye rolling argument to even posit. It's not the demagogues on the right and the left putting out insipid arguments or inane conspiracy theories designed to muddy the waters and breed contempt and distrust....it's the guy who has a show on a pay cable channel on Friday nights, the guy who has a show on some streaming service that no one watches, or the guy using comedy scraps leftover from Conan 20 years ago. 

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

1.) No person should ever care what a celebrity says about politics.

2.) Yeah- it is Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, and Stephen Colbert who are stifling debate. What an eye rolling argument to even posit. It's not the demagogues on the right and the left putting out insipid arguments or inane conspiracy theories designed to muddy the waters and breed contempt and distrust....it's the guy who has a show on a pay cable channel on Friday nights, the guy who has a show on some streaming service that no one watches, or the guy using comedy scraps leftover from Conan 20 years ago. 

Beta

3 hours ago, Masshole said:

Good article that sums up my feelings about Maher pretty well.     https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/15/dear-conservatives-can-we-please-stop-caring-what-partisan-hack-bill-maher-thinks/

Excerpts:

If Maher could be credited with anything, it’s that he has become very good at looking like a serious intellectual who’s occasionally funny without actually being either. No doubt, his fans probably feel they are learning something when they listen to him. But as soon as his captive audience of clapping seals is gone, it becomes immediately apparent that Maher is another thoughtless, out-of-touch celebrity.

He was one of the first comedians on television to make political partisanship a central component of his comedy. He preceded Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and all the other talk show hosts who now do the same thing. 

Besides amounting to unfunny propaganda, Maher and these comedians’ brand of humor has mostly had the effect of stifling debate and reinforcing leftist orthodoxy. Anyone who dares to work with Republicans or breathes a word of sympathy for conservative ideas will now face the wrath of these court jesters and their followers. As a result, they have largely turned serious political discussions into puerile banter and transformed leftist pundits and politicians into sassy mean girls.

I haven’t watched Maher in years but the clips I see here make it seem like he’s way more critical of the woke left than Republicans.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I haven’t watched Maher in years but the clips I see here make it seem like he’s way more critical of the woke left than Republicans.

Naw he’s kinda like the centrists here. I don’t support the pedos. But tRUMp!!!!!!!!!

30 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Naw he’s kinda like the centrists here. I don’t support the pedos. But tRUMp!!!!!!!!!

Not supporting pedos and thinking Trump is a doosh are pretty mainstream positions IMO.

37 minutes ago, MDC said:

Not supporting pedos and thinking Trump is a doosh are pretty mainstream positions IMO.

Yes but the righty people here don't see it as such. You can only be a liberal if you believe something that opposes their groupthink. 

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yes but the righty people here don't see it as such. You can only be a liberal if you believe something that opposes their groupthink. 

I’m glad you two found each other. 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

the point I was making is that like bill maher he goes after wokeness, but still always has to throw in his trump tantrum...STILL

I don't watch him but everytime I have seen clips he always makes sure to work him into the conversation

Bill typically "nails it" long after everybody else has already figured it out. He's still in the bubble though, so, it makes sense. It's not like he's interacting with us common folk.

14 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

the point I was making is that like bill maher he goes after wokeness, but still always has to throw in his trump tantrum...STILL

I don't watch him but everytime I have seen clips he always makes sure to work him into the conversation

The only Maher clips I see are here and they’re all bashing the cultural left. And deservedly so. 

8 hours ago, Masshole said:

Excerpts:

My take away is that Auguste Meyat is a propagandist who is guilty of what he paints on Maher. Nice touch that he links a story about the many times Maher got it wrong and that article is "wah, why dont these kinds of comedians complain enough about Biden".

Biden is naturally funnier than most comedians (I love the physical humor - wandering, falling, shaking hands with the air, etc.) , and yet he's more pathetic than a crackhead rolling around in the streets of Nancy Pelosi's homeless city Oz. 

On 6/27/2022 at 9:48 AM, edjr said:

Right. Maher's idea of what the Dems used to be, are far gone. he is in the minority.

We need to have a 5 party system.

Left and right Loonies. Left and Right centrists and center. 

anything more than a 2 party system means the House likely picks the president and all our votes are wasted, which just breaks things more.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

anything more than a 2 party system means the House likely picks the president and all our votes are wasted, which just breaks things more.

Do they all count now the way the system is? I think a lot of are votes are already being labeled as wasted.  Imo.