edjr

Bill Maher nails it AGAIN!

Wyoming Still goes in the “red states too” win column for Hack. That’s his logic. 

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yes states are bigger.  Using your logic we shouldn't do states then.  Let's do the entire country.  No, let's just do the entire planet and be done with it.  That sounds stupid, doesn't it?  Now you know how you sound.

The REASON I told you to do cities is that this issue is fairly isolated to blue areas, and cities are the appropriate sized entity for evaluating that data.  Even in red states there are blue cities, and in some cases those blue cities contain a significant portion of the population of that state.  That is WHY you should focus on cities.

If you don't want to show your work, that's fine.  I understand why you wouldn't want to.  I'd just own you again.

Righties like to “focus on cities,” because almost all actual cities are blue.  Yes, most murders happen where most of the people are

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

HT was wrong. 

It's okay for him and his sycophants here to admit it. 

Wrong about what? Covid caused murders to rise? If you say so. So you believe that too? 

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Righties like to “focus on cities,” because almost all actual cities are blue.  Yes, most murders happen where most of the people are

That's why we focus on crime rate. Not necessarily population. 

So by your argument, Biden is responsible for all the murders in the US. Because the country is bigger than states. And there are a lot more people in the country than in any one state.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You're going to have to show your work regarding almost all "actual cities" being blue.  And let's start with a definition of city.  The BIGGEST cities are often blue but there are a lot of small cities.  So, you'll have to show your work.

But, let's assume what you say is true.  Let's say 90% of cities are blue.  We can still compare murder rates of red vs. blue cities.  That's still valid data.  

Death toll in US, by month, relating to crime...  https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/datarequest/D76;jsessionid=E3704E18FD4CA241D8768A71C070

Jan - 1702
Feb - 1461
Mar - 1686
Apr - 1742
May - 2061
Jun - 2245
Jul - 2408
Aug - 2326
Sep - 2162
Oct - 2348
Nov - 2222
Dec - 2213

Weird how the number seemed to jump in May.  Anyone, what happened in May?  Was it Covid restrictions?  No, I believe that happened in March.  There was only a slight tick up from March to April.  But something... I can't quite remember what it was, but something did happen in May.  Just can't put my knee on it for some reason.

For comparison's sake, here's 2019... https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/datarequest/D76;jsessionid=E3704E18FD4CA241D8768A71C070

Jan - 1574
Feb - 1356
Mar - 1467
Apr - 1444
May - 1662
Jun - 1673
Jul - 1729
Aug - 1639
Sep - 1647
Oct - 1610
Nov - 1625
Dec - 1715

So it looks like 1300 to 1700 is the norm, which it was prior to May.  Again, can someone tell me what happened in May.  I know Covid started around here in February and then restrictions started in March.  But May, something happened in May.

ETA: Sorry, I just checked the links and they didn't work.  I did a research check... 

Started here: http://wonder.cdc.gov/ucd-icd10.html, then hit "I Agree" at the bottom.  Then put the criteria you're looking for.  I did cause of death from Crime, by month, in 2020.

• Thanks 2

12 murders in Chicago over the weekend.  5 of the 12 were under the age of 15.  But gutterpedo was there a while back and he said it was fine. Lovely.  What gives? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

12 murders in Chicago over the weekend.  5 of the 12 were under the age of 15.  But gutterpedo was there a while back and he said it was fine. Lovely.  What gives? 

He wasn't in the hood. Guarantee that. It's a different world between the hood and downtown

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

He wasn't in the hood. Guarantee that. It's a different world between the hood and downtown

Silly me. I thought Gutterboy cared about everyone. He was just talking about kindness the other day. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

mdc says to keep your head on a swivel and you will be good. Even if you are a 5 year kid getting shot in the head in Chicago. It's the kid's fault.

I live in one of the nicest areas in downtown Chicago and I have murders right outside my building every weekend. Two right outside last weekend. Like clock work

3 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

I live in one of the nicest areas in downtown Chicago and I have murders right outside my building every weekend. Two right outside last weekend. Like clock work

Stop. Gutterpedo was visiting there a few weeks back and he said it was lovely. What do you know? You’re just scared of the big city. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stop. Gutterpedo was visiting there a few weeks back and he said it was lovely. What do you know? You’re just scared of the big city. 

You cannot stop posting about me. Rent free in your head :lol:

11 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

So at least 8% of the murders in Chicago occur on one block in one of the nicest areas of Chicago?  I’m pretty sure you’re lying 

19 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So at least 8% of the murders in Chicago occur on one block in one of the nicest areas of Chicago?  I’m pretty sure you’re lying 

Lying about what buddy?

7 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Lying about what buddy?

Either you don’t live in one of the nicest areas of Chicago, or you don’t have murders right outside your building every weekend.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Either you don’t live in one of the nicest areas of Chicago, or you don’t have murders right outside your building every weekend.

😂👍

40 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Lying about what buddy?

This is what his life revolves around. Trying to catch random people on the internet in a lie. How sad…supposedly taking care of foster kids…suuure

• Thanks 1

Did he nail this one?

I will say this- I do think he is being a little alarmist....however it is a little troubling the amount of people on the upcoming ballot who are running with "election denier" as part of their advertisement package. I get the culture war stuff regardless of how silly I think it is but it is being used as cover for entrance by a lot of those candidates. 

On 11/1/2022 at 1:18 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

😂

Also in the last video I posted. 

That may be Mahers saddest one yet. I once was a big enough fan to drag my then girlfriend to see him at Foxwoods. But the constant foot stomping and rattle shaking about Trump has turned me off. He says what a great thing it was that we gave the Nazis a fair trial but thinks the Jan 6 hearings were fair, in the same monologue! Ok Bill, you’re officially off the rails. Also, enough with the canned laughter at unfunny things.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

That may be Mahers saddest one yet. I once was a big enough fan to drag my then girlfriend to see him at Foxwoods. But the constant foot stomping and rattle shaking about Trump has turned me off. He says what a great thing it was that we gave the Nazis a fair trial but thinks the Jan 6 hearings were fair, in the same monologue! Ok Bill, you’re officially off the rails. Also, enough with the canned laughter at unfunny things.  

I do not always agree with Maher, but I agree more than I disagree.  I think he represents more of a centrist now that the Democrats/liberals have tilted so hard left.

We have too few voices of reason available to not enjoy one who can hit the mark as well as he does.

10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I do not always agree with Maher, but I agree more than I disagree.  I think he represents more of a centrist now that the Democrats/liberals have tilted so hard left.

We have too few voices of reason available to not enjoy one who can hit the mark as well as he does.

He only calls out his side with broad strokes. He rarely, if ever, calls out the leadership of the left. He’s a party man through and through. Pointing out ridiculous aspects of the left generated culture war isn’t being some kind of centrist. It’s just calling out really stupid shite. BFD. If the power doesn’t hear you it’s all wasted breath. 

Thought this was a really long thread about Brett Maher nailing 60 yarders. 

would be a better topic. 

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

:lol: 

I meant to post this yesterday but I was too lazy to find your thread.  :D 

Just now, jerryskids said:

I meant to post this yesterday but I was too lazy to find your thread.  :D 

search "Maher"  and I suck at searching 

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

search "Maher"  and I suck at searching 

Oh, I know the process, I was just too lazy to do it.  I was tempted to start a new thread though...  :D 

Just now, jerryskids said:

Oh, I know the process, I was just too lazy to do it.  I was tempted to start a new thread though...  :D 

har har!

Santos is an easy target at this point but that was as funny as I've seen Maher in a while.

29 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Maher manages to expertly skew both sides and be intensely funny while doing so. He’s the HL Mencken of our times. 

Not really.  He goes after woke culture but doesn’t go after the party that is responsible for it.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not really.  He goes after woke culture but doesn’t go after the party that is responsible for it.

That’s because: 

1. There is no party responsible for it. 
2. He goes after the excesses of woke culture. As he should. He doesn’t go after woke culture itself, because that’s like going against human progress. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

That’s because: 

1. There is no party responsible for it. 
2. He goes after the excesses of woke culture. As he should. He doesn’t go after woke culture itself, because that’s like going against human progress. 

Woke culture is not, nor has it ever been, considered progress.  That's what you get wrong.  You're comparing apples to oranges.

And yes, the Democrats and liberals are directly responsible for this type of whining, selfish, virtue signaling behavior we all call "woke".