Sign in to follow this  
crackills

What to do with Melvin Gordon...

So he is a top 10 rb as long as Lindsay is out... but with Lindsay due back soon... is he a good candidate to trade away? What can you get for him?

I’m just gonna start him every week. You could consider him a sell high as well but you would want something good. Don’t sell him for Drake for example. Package him with something else for a 1st rounder under the premise of them downgrading at RB a bit but gaining another position they needed.

40 minutes ago, crackills said:

So he is a top 10 rb as long as Lindsay is out... but with Lindsay due back soon... is he a good candidate to trade away? What can you get for him?

I’m not so sure you can get a really good return, if the other owner understand the value of Lindsay when he does return. 

If Lindsay can stay healthy, he’s going to be used , even more so with the injuries to Fant and to the WRs. 

I think he's the perfect guy to package with a flex level RB, WR or TE, and go for a solid RB1 or WR1, or if you can upgrade from say, Matt Ryan, to  Russell Wilson, Dak, or Josh Allen at QB

Depending on scoring systems of course

5 minutes ago, crackills said:

I could  get Mclaurin for him.. and i need WR help bad in a 12 teamer... but i think thats too much to give up

McLaurin is a top 10 WR right now, and he just got a QB upgrade.  If you can get McLaurin for Gordon, do it.

41 minutes ago, crackills said:

I could  get Mclaurin for him.. and i need WR help bad in a 12 teamer... but i think thats too much to give up

If you need wr, which is what you typed , I would do that deal. 

5 hours ago, crackills said:

what to do with Melvin Gordon...

Whatcha talking about? Hang on to him, and fire him up each week!

RB's are at a premium this year....and he's currently the #11 non-ppr RB.

On 10/7/2020 at 4:10 PM, AxeElf said:

McLaurin is a top 10 WR right now, and he just got a QB upgrade.  If you can get McLaurin for Gordon, do it.

Not sure if he’s an upgrade, McCaffery padded Allen’s stats. I have been happy with Haskins forcing more balls to McLaurin this year. Almost 10 targets a game.

1 minute ago, Byrdman5 said:

Not sure if he’s an upgrade

The coaching staff seems to think so.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

The coaching staff seems to think so.

Didnt Ron draft Allen in Carolina? I’m just hoping target stay there with the switch at QB. 

On 10/7/2020 at 4:04 PM, crackills said:

Do it. Expect touch count around his week 1 and 3 performance.. and probably less catches.

Who was the other player? 

On 10/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, crackills said:

I made the trade for Mclovin straight up.. lets see how it works out for both of us... I might regret it.

I dont regret it :)

6 minutes ago, crackills said:

I dont regret it :)

Not so sure about that.  I own McLaurin too.  His situation is really really bad.  I'm doubting any ROS high rankings on him right now.  

Just now, Jarvis Basnight said:

Not so sure about that.  I own McLaurin too.  His situation is really really bad.  I'm doubting any ROS high rankings on him right now.  

well.. as long Allen is the QB (which looks like he is) He'll be fine. If one legged checkdown Alex comes in... the whole O will be atrocious.

Gordon is looking at 4 game min suspension, even if cleared.

21 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Wish I owned Lindsay right now.

Someone dropped him in a 10-teamer a couple of weeks ago and I stashed him.

Boom.

One hit on Allen, and A Smith will be the Qb. 

7 hours ago, crackills said:

well.. as long Allen is the QB (which looks like he is) He'll be fine. If one legged checkdown Alex comes in... the whole O will be atrocious.

Gordon is looking at 4 game min suspension, even if cleared.

calm down Sally.  This is first offense for Gordon.  I believe the NFL/NFLPA agreement (since 2014) for alcohol related DUI would be MAX 1 game and 1 game salary fine.  First offense for drinking and driving may be waived, and he can also ask for a hearing to fight any suspension handed down.  Since court system isn't addressing it until mid-November he's probably plug-n-play until then at the very least.

22 minutes ago, phlegmish said:

calm down Sally.  This is first offense for Gordon.  I believe the NFL/NFLPA agreement (since 2014) for alcohol related DUI would be MAX 1 game and 1 game salary fine.  First offense for drinking and driving may be waived, and he can also ask for a hearing to fight any suspension handed down.  Since court system isn't addressing it until mid-November he's probably plug-n-play until then at the very least.

What I saw was, possible 2-3 games. 

16 hours ago, phlegmish said:

min 2-3 game suspension genius 

Gordon doesn’t travel with team to New England. Source: 9 News Denver...

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Gordon doesn’t travel with team to New England. Source: 9 News Denver...

Illness... brown bottle flu??

1 hour ago, Joey Gladstone said:

Crazy. Who is starting Lindsay @ Gillette?

Flipping a coin between Lindsay and David Johnson for RB3.  I'm not really keen on starting guys who haven't played in 3+ weeks, though...