Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
crackills

What to do with Melvin Gordon...

Recommended Posts

So he is a top 10 rb as long as Lindsay is out... but with Lindsay due back soon... is he a good candidate to trade away? What can you get for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just gonna start him every week. You could consider him a sell high as well but you would want something good. Don’t sell him for Drake for example. Package him with something else for a 1st rounder under the premise of them downgrading at RB a bit but gaining another position they needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, crackills said:

So he is a top 10 rb as long as Lindsay is out... but with Lindsay due back soon... is he a good candidate to trade away? What can you get for him?

I’m not so sure you can get a really good return, if the other owner understand the value of Lindsay when he does return. 

If Lindsay can stay healthy, he’s going to be used , even more so with the injuries to Fant and to the WRs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's the perfect guy to package with a flex level RB, WR or TE, and go for a solid RB1 or WR1, or if you can upgrade from say, Matt Ryan, to  Russell Wilson, Dak, or Josh Allen at QB

Depending on scoring systems of course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could  get Mclaurin for him.. and i need WR help bad in a 12 teamer... but i think thats too much to give up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, crackills said:

I could  get Mclaurin for him.. and i need WR help bad in a 12 teamer... but i think thats too much to give up

McLaurin is a top 10 WR right now, and he just got a QB upgrade.  If you can get McLaurin for Gordon, do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, crackills said:

I could  get Mclaurin for him.. and i need WR help bad in a 12 teamer... but i think thats too much to give up

If you need wr, which is what you typed , I would do that deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crackills said:

what to do with Melvin Gordon...

Whatcha talking about? Hang on to him, and fire him up each week!

RB's are at a premium this year....and he's currently the #11 non-ppr RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 4:10 PM, AxeElf said:

McLaurin is a top 10 WR right now, and he just got a QB upgrade.  If you can get McLaurin for Gordon, do it.

Not sure if he’s an upgrade, McCaffery padded Allen’s stats. I have been happy with Haskins forcing more balls to McLaurin this year. Almost 10 targets a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Byrdman5 said:

Not sure if he’s an upgrade

The coaching staff seems to think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

The coaching staff seems to think so.

Didnt Ron draft Allen in Carolina? I’m just hoping target stay there with the switch at QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 4:04 PM, crackills said:

I could  get Mclaurin for him.. and i need WR help bad in a 12 teamer... but i think thats too much to give up

Do it. Expect touch count around his week 1 and 3 performance.. and probably less catches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the trade for Mclovin straight up.. lets see how it works out for both of us... I might regret it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who was the other player? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, crackills said:

I made the trade for Mclovin straight up.. lets see how it works out for both of us... I might regret it.

I dont regret it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, crackills said:

I dont regret it :)

Not so sure about that.  I own McLaurin too.  His situation is really really bad.  I'm doubting any ROS high rankings on him right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jarvis Basnight said:

Not so sure about that.  I own McLaurin too.  His situation is really really bad.  I'm doubting any ROS high rankings on him right now.  

well.. as long Allen is the QB (which looks like he is) He'll be fine. If one legged checkdown Alex comes in... the whole O will be atrocious.

Gordon is looking at 4 game min suspension, even if cleared.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Wish I owned Lindsay right now.

Someone dropped him in a 10-teamer a couple of weeks ago and I stashed him.

Boom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One hit on Allen, and A Smith will be the Qb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, crackills said:

well.. as long Allen is the QB (which looks like he is) He'll be fine. If one legged checkdown Alex comes in... the whole O will be atrocious.

Gordon is looking at 4 game min suspension, even if cleared.

 

calm down Sally.  This is first offense for Gordon.  I believe the NFL/NFLPA agreement (since 2014) for alcohol related DUI would be MAX 1 game and 1 game salary fine.  First offense for drinking and driving may be waived, and he can also ask for a hearing to fight any suspension handed down.  Since court system isn't addressing it until mid-November he's probably plug-n-play until then at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, phlegmish said:

calm down Sally.  This is first offense for Gordon.  I believe the NFL/NFLPA agreement (since 2014) for alcohol related DUI would be MAX 1 game and 1 game salary fine.  First offense for drinking and driving may be waived, and he can also ask for a hearing to fight any suspension handed down.  Since court system isn't addressing it until mid-November he's probably plug-n-play until then at the very least.

What I saw was, possible 2-3 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, phlegmish said:

calm down Sally.  This is first offense for Gordon.  I believe the NFL/NFLPA agreement (since 2014) for alcohol related DUI would be MAX 1 game and 1 game salary fine.  First offense for drinking and driving may be waived, and he can also ask for a hearing to fight any suspension handed down.  Since court system isn't addressing it until mid-November he's probably plug-n-play until then at the very least.

min 2-3 game suspension genius 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone name one player who has EVER been suspended for 2 games for their first dui offense?

Geniuses encouraged to reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon doesn’t travel with team to New England. Source: 9 News Denver...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Gordon doesn’t travel with team to New England. Source: 9 News Denver...

 

 

 

Illness... brown bottle flu??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joey Gladstone said:

Crazy. Who is starting Lindsay @ Gillette?

Me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joey Gladstone said:

Crazy. Who is starting Lindsay @ Gillette?

Flipping a coin between Lindsay and David Johnson for RB3.  I'm not really keen on starting guys who haven't played in 3+ weeks, though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×