Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Presidential Decision

I've gone back and forth on this quite a few times.  And most recently, I decided I would skip the Presidential race and just "select all" when it comes to the republican ticket.

However, I again am changing my stance.  Right now, as much as it pains me, I am going to vote for Biden.   And to be honest it's mostly because I am sick of Trump and his schtick and I'm embarrassed by his behavior daily.  Pence kind of solidified that for me.  He reminded me of what I have always believed a President should be.   I understand much of it is optics, and I m aware that this could be a vote for Kamala, but I just can't with the Donald.    

Every other vote on the ticket is an R for me, but not that one.

God I hate all of these candidates.  Everyone sucks.

• Sad 1

If it makes you feel any better, your vote doesn’t matter at all and has no chance of affecting anything. 

You were never voting for him if his demeanor decided it for you. Just sayin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I've gone back and forth on this quite a few times.  And most recently, I decided I would skip the Presidential race and just "select all" when it comes to the republican ticket.

However, I again am changing my stance.  Right now, as much as it pains me, I am going to vote for Biden.   And to be honest it's mostly because I am sick of Trump and his schtick and I'm embarrassed by his behavior daily.  Pence kind of solidified that for me.  He reminded me of what I have always believed a President should be.   I understand much of it is optics, and I m aware that this could be a vote for Kamala, but I just can't with the Donald.    

Eh.  I voted third party last time.  I would love to be able to avoid both of these guys this time too, and I may, but at the moment I'm leaning towards Trump.  I could never vote for Biden.  He's a pervy, lieing plagiarist with a 47 year record of failure in politics.  Kamala Harris is the worst person I've ever seen on a presidential ticket.  I'll take policy over being a smooth talking politician all day, every day.  If your worst criticism of Trump is his "schtick" then he's doing something right.  The policies I believe Biden/Harris would try to implement in this country are flat out scary and not in the best interests of the United States.  At least I can say with conviction that I believe Trump actually cares about the country I grew up in and love with all my heart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I get turned off by his “antics” as well.  However those are just character flaws, I’m more concerned with the actual issues facing America not a twitter feed.  I’m voting for a President, not a friend or spouse.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

It is depressing that this is what we decided to have as out candidate.  I know it's pretty much a wasted vote but I've voting for Jorgensen.  The rest will be a combination of people, some Republican and some Democrat.

VP Biden shakes down governments to get his son jobs making millions. But Trump's fart jokes are just too much for me. :clap:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

It is October of 2020.  26 days away from the election.  And Donald Trump is on Fox News ranting about.......Hillary's emails!!  🤣😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I absolutely loathe the man.

The policies I largely agree with.

And a vote for Biden Harris is a vote for BLM and Antifa. It's a vote for cancel culture. It's a vote for unchecked illigal immigration. It's a vote for teaching our children that there are 14 genders and that they are fluid. It's a slap to the face of the police that put their lives on the line policing America's sewers. It's a rejection of everything that made America great.

Thats not even getting into the fact that Biden is a creepy geriatric with a skull full of cold spaghetti and his running mate is a complete empty suit who got where she is on her back and by telling people whatever they want to hear.

As much as I find Trump distasteful as a man, there is, sadly, no other choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Policy-

Which candidate gives your kids or grandchildren the potential for a better future based on reality and not feelings. 

Pretty clear cut.... 

If ya can't figure it out, the candidates aren't the problem,  your head is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

And a vote for Biden Harris is a vote for BLM and Antifa. It's a vote for cancel culture. It's a vote for unchecked illigal immigration. It's a vote for teaching our children that there are 14 genders and that they are fluid. It's a slap to the face of the police that put their lives on the line policing America's sewers. It's a rejection of everything that made America great.

Thats not even getting into the fact that Biden is a creepy geriatric with a skull full of cold spaghetti and his running mate is a complete empty suit who got where she is on her back and by telling people whatever they want to hear.

Nailed it, and this guys was a bleeding liberal. 

31 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I get turned off by his “antics” as well.  However those are just character flaws, I’m more concerned with the actual issues facing America not a twitter feed.  I’m voting for a President, not a friend or spouse.  

I don’t buy this line of argument. He’s the chief executive. Isn’t setting the tone part of the job? Don’t the things the POTUS says have consequences? 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

This fellas, this.

10 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That’s how an intelligent, pragmatic adult approaches it. I think Trump is a doosh as well.  But the policy differences  couldn’t be more stark. If there were some grey area maybe.  There isn’t.  

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t buy this line of argument. He’s the chief executive. Isn’t setting the tone part of the job? Don’t the things the POTUS says have consequences? 

Sure. Point me at the candidate that has both decent policy AND isn't a total doosh bag.

Hint... There ain't one. You have one turd with two ends. Gotta pick it up by one or the other.

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

Of course it's part of the job.  Key word being part. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Sure. Point me at the candidate that has both decent policy AND isn't a total doosh bag.

Hint... There ain't one. You have one turd with two ends. Gotta pick it up by one or the other.

Oh they’re all doosh bags alright. I’m not deaf to the idea that Trump’s dooshyness is just more obvious than a Clinton, Romney, etc.

I don’t think that means nothing the POTUS says matters. His comments on Covid, protests, the election etc. have had consequences.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Oh they’re all doosh bags alright. I’m not deaf to the idea that Trump’s dooshyness is just more obvious than a Clinton, Romney, etc.

I don’t think that means nothing the POTUS says matters. His comments on Covid, protests, the election etc. have had consequences.

His comments on protests are a problem?    Not the violent riots masquerading as peaceful protests?

🤣

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Yes. They absolutely have. And Trump is so far from my ideal candidate that the distance should be measured in light years.

But I'd vote for damn near anyone over what the left has become. They are truly disputable and I will not support it.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

His comments on protests are a problem?    Not the violent riots masquerading as peaceful protests?

🤣

MDC just says stuff. Won’t provide any evidence. 

12 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yes. They absolutely have. And Trump is so far from my ideal candidate that the distance should be measured in light years.

But I'd vote for damn near anyone over what the left has become. They are truly disputable and I will not support it.

From my perspective, Trump’s policies are pretty much boilerplate GOP orthodoxy. Tax cuts, deregulation, anti-organized labor etc. The big difference between him and say Romney or Bush is that he’s a much, much bigger ass hole. 

If you’re getting basically centrist policies either way, why vote for the Twitter conspiracy moonbat who likes to throw gasoline on the fire and has open disdain for half the country?

I’m either voting 3rd party or Biden. 

35 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

:thumbsup:

Yeah, Trumps immigration policy and Bush the dumbers are the same thing, boilerplate. Bush was supposed to pick a conservative for Chief Justice. He went a different route. Bush got us into an unwinnable , unnecessary war. Trump keeps us out of them. Bush instituted the surveillance state, Trump is a victim of it. Yeah, it’s all boilerplate.  Geeeez. MDC, Just sayin stuff again. 

I don't care how they act, I just care about the policies and what they will mean for the country and of course me...

Biden isn't the choice in this...  Plus I can't imagine him in a meeting with foreign leaders if it gets heated, Trump easily show how easy it was to get under Biden's skin...

Plus we all know that Biden probably won't finish his term and will resign so Harris would take over and IIRC, she was the furthest left senator in Congress...

• Like 1

Anyone arguing  that Bush and Trump are aligned ideologically is extremely ignorant. Obama and Bush were closer in ideology than Trump and Bush. To start with, Obama and Bush are globalists that were under the grip of neocons. Trump is a nationalist who the Neocons despise. If Trump were boilerplate they wouldn’t hate him. This is probably too complex for some, I know. They should really read some books or at least a website once in a while. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Anyone arguing  that Bush and Trump are aligned ideologically is extremely ignorant. Obama and Bush were closer in ideology than Trump and Bush. To start with, Obama and Bush are globalists that were under the grip of neocons. Trump is a nationalist who the Neocons despise. If Trump were boilerplate they wouldn’t hate him. This is probably too complex for some, I know. They should really read some books or at least a website once in a while. 

Exactly.  It saddens me that people can't look at the big picture with Trump but at the end of the day he can be/has been his own worst enemy. To make the jump from Trump to Biden though.  WTF?  How is that even possible?

Just now, fandandy said:

Exactly.  It saddens me that people can't look at the big picture with Trump but at the end of the day he can be his own worst enemy. To make the jump from Trump to Biden though.  WTF?  How is that even possible?

Yeah. Thats a crazy jump.

Calling biden and Harris policies moderate is also beyond belief.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

VP Biden shakes down governments to get his son jobs making millions. But Trump's fart jokes are just too much for me. :clap:

Seriously people just don't want the truth. They would have pretty little lies.

They don't care about a scandal worse than watergate. A VP and his crack head son making millions from extortion. Weaponizing the fbi and doj. A VP who for some reason touches children in a extremely inappropriate manner.

None of that matters because Trump is rough around the edges.

Focking sad.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Exactly.  It saddens me that people can't look at the big picture with Trump but at the end of the day he can be/has been his own worst enemy. To make the jump from Trump to Biden though.  WTF?  How is that even possible?

Estrogen...lots of it

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Seriously people just don't want the truth. They would have pretty little lies.

They don't care about a scandal worse than watergate. A VP and his crack head son making millions from extortion. Weaponizing the fbi and doj. A VP who for some reason touches children in a extremely inappropriate manner.

None of that matters because Trump is rough around the edges.

Focking sad.

In my opinion, neither Trump nor Biden have any business being president of a homeowners association, let alone the country.

Trump is a narcassitic doosh bag who is just a horrible leader.

Biden is the barely animated corpse of an. Insider politician who may or may not be a kiddie diddler.

Both are corrupt. But hell, every president is corrupt. Nobody takes that job for the salary.

The fact that this is our choice shows how horribly broken the system is.

But since they are the turds we have to choose from, I'll pick the one that represents the less loathsome ideology. That would be Trump.

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

In my opinion, neither Trump nor Biden have any business being president of a homeowners association, let alone the country.

Biden is the barely animated corpse of an. Insider politician who may or may not be a kiddie diddler.

Both are corrupt. But hell, every president is corrupt. Nobody takes that job for the salary.

But since they are the turds we have to choose from, I'll pick the one that represents the less loathsome ideology. That would be Trump.

I agree with everything except your faulty conclusion. You don’t have to chose either of them.

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

A vote for Biden/Harris and BLM and antifa go way into the background.  Not having a white supremacist as our president will calm things down quite a bit.  Although I imagine our good friends the neo--nazis/proud boys/white nationalists won't be on their best behavior. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That's fine. I think Trump has done a great job as president. His achievements have been numerous for american and he has brought historical peace to areas that haven't seen it in decades.

Nobody says Trump is a refined statesmen, but maybe that's what we need.

• Thanks 1

I’ve wanted the US to mind their own business and take care of themselves first for a long time. To stop being the babysitter or big brother to the rest of the world. I’ve finally started seeing us do that over the past few years. Putting America first. Not fighting other people’s conflicts. Not supporting world organizations disproportionately. Not getting taken advantage of, in trade or anything else. Become more self dependent. All of Trump’s policies have proven to be a net positive for the United States of America. I’m prouder than ever of my country and personal net worth has grown significantly over his term. 
Also, one of my biggest complaints has always been the bias of the mainstream media. For years, I thought I was the only one to notice. Trump helped expose it more than I could have hope for. So Tweet away, President Trump. It’s the only way to get your message out unfiltered and not misrepresented by the news. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Kamala Harris is the worst person I've ever seen on a presidential ticket.

Worse than Hillary? Palin? You've lost your mind.

— “Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

— “You got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” (That’s in reference to President Obama.)

— “Unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things.”

— “In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

"Poor kids are just as bright as white kids".

Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle

'Jeez, the reason I was able to stay sequestered in my home is because some Black woman was able to stack the grocery shelf,'" 

Biden responded that the question was akin to asking the Black reporter if he would take a drug test to see if “you’re taking cocaine or not? ... Are you a junkie?”

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

— “Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

— “You got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” (That’s in reference to President Obama.)

— “Unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things.”

— “In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

"Poor kids are just as bright as white kids".

Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle

'Jeez, the reason I was able to stay sequestered in my home is because some Black woman was able to stack the grocery shelf,'" 

Let's see what the black voters think 

I am not voting for the man's character, or even whether or not I think he's an asswhole. 

They both have shotty character, they are both asswholes. 

I can't base my vote on that.