Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Presidential Decision

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Has anyone on this site ever mentioned they think they would like Trump as a person to be friends with or whatever. 

I for one appreciate the fact that he's a thick skinned a-hole, because that's what it takes to get stuff done with the disgusting, disgraceful, MSM and democratic "leadership" that's currently in place in this country at this point in history.

:thumbsup:  He's POTUS because smart people are sick of the career politicians. He will berate an R just as fast as a D and believe me the majority of them need berated.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Has anyone on this site ever mentioned they think they would like Trump as a person to be friends with or whatever. 

I for one appreciate the fact that he's a thick skinned a-hole, because that's what it takes to get stuff done with the disgusting, disgraceful, MSM and democratic "leadership" that's currently in place in this country at this point in history.

I'm not sure how anyone can think of him as being thick skinned.  He's definitely an a-hole and likes to act like a tough guy.  In some cases he can actually be tough but most times I find him to be all talk.  I completely understand why some people like him for doing the things they want done.

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

:thumbsup:  He's POTUS because smart people are sick of the career politicians. He will berate an R just as fast as a D and believe me the majority of them need berated.

This

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nearly every Trump backer here has said he’s an a-hole. So who exactly are you referring to? 

My opinions are not solely based on the members here.  The one thing I hear a lot is how people love how Trump owns the Libs and how he trolls them.  Some people think Trump is funny, my sister-in-law is one.  Those are not the traits of a President I respect.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

My opinions are not solely based on the members here.  The one thing I hear a lot is how people love how Trump owns the Libs and how he trolls them.  Some people think Trump is funny, my sister-in-law is one.  Those are not the traits of a President I respect.

What did you respect about Hillary? What do you respect about Biden/ Harris? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What did you respect about Hillary? What do you respect about Biden/ Harris? 

I have very little respect for Hillary.  I hate that I voted for her because I didn't want Trump.  This year I refused to vote for someone I didn't like just because I don't want Trump as President.  I don't really have any respect for Biden/Harris either.  I never voted for them.

I have always respected the art of mocking people who deserve it. I value it more than almost any other skill if it is truly witty, funny and spontaneous. Not many have that ability. Trump has it. A lot of comedians have it. What I don't respect is dry and boring prepared fluff. It does nothing to improve a situation or make any progress. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I have very little respect for Hillary.  I hate that I voted for her because I didn't want Trump.  This year I refused to vote for someone I didn't like just because I don't want Trump as President.  I don't really have any respect for Biden/Harris either.  I never voted for them.

So what exactly is it about Trump that you don't like?  Is it just how he talks/tweets?  What policies or accomplishments of his as President do you take issue with?  I'm actually curious.  Finding a Trump hater who can articulate exactly what he's done wrong has been elusive the last four years.  They tend to spew inaccuracies/lies.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Ok. Because your ire seems to be only directed at Trump, yet you feel the same away about the others. 

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I have always respected the art of mocking people who deserve it. I value it more than almost any other skill if it is truly witty, funny and spontaneous. Not many have that ability. Trump has it. A lot of comedians have it. What I don't respect is dry and boring prepared fluff. It does nothing to improve a situation or make any progress. 

There's a middle ground.  If Trump had found it during the last four years this election wouldn't even be close.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

So what exactly is it about Trump that you don't like?  Is it just how he talks/tweets?  What policies or accomplishments of his as President do you take issue with?  I'm actually curious.  Finding a Trump hater who can articulate exactly what he's done wrong has been elusive the last four years.  They tend to spew inaccuracies/lies.

I've been asked this and answered it multiple times on here.  I wouldn't be surprised if you've already asked me this before and were given a response from me.

I've been asked this and answered it multiple times on here.  I wouldn't be surprised if you've already asked me this before and were given a response from me.

I don't recall.  I doubt it though.  Or else the answer was gibberish.  So, you gonna answer?

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

There's a middle ground.  If Trump had found it during the last four years this election wouldn't even be close.

I don't know that he really had the chance to. 

He's been battling impeachment, the media, and other ridiculous things for the last four years. Literally from Day One, Dems have been working to find ways to get him out of office, to go against his SCOTUS nominees, everything. 

They don't want a business man in there, they want someone whose been in politics for years, knows whose in whose pockets, who is protected and who is free game. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok. Because your ire seems to be only directed at Trump, yet you feel the same away about the others. 

Those other people are not President.  I have not been on here promoting Hillary or Biden either.  I've had a dislike for Trump for a very long time.  I never respected his business practices and how he carries himself.

Those other people are not President.  

Biden also doesn’t have a GC fan club who thinks the light of Christ shines out of his butt hole.

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

I don't know that he really had the chance to. 

He's been battling impeachment, the media, and other ridiculous things for the last four years. Literally from Day One, Dems have been working to find ways to get him out of office, to go against his SCOTUS nominees, everything. 

They don't want a business man in there, they want someone whose been in politics for years, knows whose in whose pockets, who is protected and who is free game. 

I'm not saying he had to cowtow to anyone or really be any different than he has been.  But the personal attacks and name calling have no place coming from the President.  Honestly, I have no issue with his tweets that point out the blatant hypocrisy of BOTH parties.  I have no problem with him calling people out.   As previously noted, he's had to battle BOTH parties, and the media.  But he goes too far and if he could have just put a presidential wrapper around his method of communication I think it would have gone a long way to making this race inconsequential.

I don't recall.  I doubt it though.  Or else the answer was gibberish.  So, you gonna answer?

I disagree with his stance on the environment.  That's a big one.  I don't like his handling of trade even though I agree something needed to be done with China.  I don't trust Trump and feel that he's more out for himself than our country, that's just a personal feeling though.  I don't think he's helped farmers very much at all.  I don't think he cares as much about the middle class as he does for rich people like himself and his friends.  I don't see how he could possibly ever relate to anyone in the middle or lower class.

Just now, Strike said:

I'm not saying he had to cowtow to anyone or really be any different than he has been.  But the personal attacks and name calling have no place coming from the President.  Honestly, I have no issue with his tweets that point out the blatant hypocrisy of BOTH parties.  I have no problem with him calling people out.   As previously noted, he's had to battle BOTH parties, and the media.  But he goes too far and if he could have just put a presidential wrapper around his method of communication I think it would have gone a long way to making this race inconsequential.

I agree with you on that, for sure. I've said more than a few times that someone needs to take his phone away. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't see how he could possibly ever relate to anyone in the middle or lower class.

Do you think Biden can relate to lower/middle class?  

1 minute ago, Strike said:

He's gotten in his own way more than anything else.  If he would shut up more and let his work do the talking he might actually have more approval from our country.  He really should stop tweeting because it keep showing him contradicting himself.  There are so many old tweets he has that go against what he does now.

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

Do you think Biden can relate to lower/middle class?  

More than Trump.  This isn't about Biden though.  Biden is not President and I didn't vote for him.

He's gotten in his own way more than anything else.  If he would shut up more and let his work do the talking he might actually have more approval from our country.  He really should stop tweeting because it keep showing him contradicting himself.  There are so many old tweets he has that go against what he does now.

So?  Is it any different to tweet it than to say it somewhere else?  I don't know what you're talking about but circumstances do change you know.  Dr. Fauci was against people wearing masks before he was for it.  Do you hold that against him?   So maybe something changed and that's why Trump tweeted something a long time ago that is different than what he is doing now.  A lot of people would say he deserves credit for changing his mind based on new information. 

But this is your reasoning for not voting for Trump?  You said you voted for HItlery because you didn't want Trump elected.  The above critique seems to be more of a critique of his time in office.  What was your basis for not wanting him to be President?

Most importantly, what policies/laws has he enacted that you disagree with? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I like Trump. I truly do enjoy the mocking of others who deserve it.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

So?  Is it any different to tweet it than to say it somewhere else?  I don't know what you're talking about but circumstances do change you know.  Dr. Fauci was against people wearing masks before he was for it.  Do you hold that against him?   So maybe something changed and that's why Trump tweeted something a long time ago that is different than what he is doing now.  A lot of people would say he deserves credit for changing his mind based on new information. 

But this is your reasoning for not voting for Trump?  You said you voted for HItlery because you didn't want Trump elected.  The above critique seems to be more of a critique of his time in office.  What was your basis for not wanting him to be President?

Most importantly, what policies/laws has he enacted that you disagree with? 

Are you not reading my other posts?

When Trump tweets about how the President holds responsibility for everything one year but then another year claims he doesn't take responsibility when he actually is the President it makes him look stupid. 

Are you not reading my other posts?

When Trump tweets about how the President holds responsibility for everything one year but then another year claims he doesn't take responsibility when he actually is the President it makes him look stupid. 

What?  I don't even know WTF you're talking about.   So your problem with Trump is that he sometimes backtracks on a tweet?  That's IT?  Have you even bothered to familiarize yourself with what he's accomplished as President?   Because that SHOULD be the most important thing to base your vote on.  It's a shame we live in a Hollywood world where people make important decisions based on feel good, how do things look parameters instead of the person's accomplishments. 

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

More than Trump.  This isn't about Biden though.  Biden is not President and I didn't vote for him.

It’s not about Biden a week before the election. Yeah, ok.  So you just get to sling shite about Trump, and are exempted from a comparison to the guy who may have his job. Very Dohnuff of you. 

Just now, Strike said:

What?  I don't even know WTF you're talking about.   So your problem with Trump is that he sometimes backtracks on a tweet?  That's IT?  Have you even bothered to familiarize yourself with what he's accomplished as President?   Because that SHOULD be the most important thing to base your vote on.  It's a shame we live in a Hollywood world where people make important decisions based on feel good, how do things look parameters instead of the person's accomplishments. 

My God man, I responded to your post before about why I don't like him.  The tweeting crap is not my response to you about why I don't like Trump.  Go back and read my responses.  I responded by quoting you as to what I think Trump has done poorly and what I dislike.  In a separate post I was responding to someone else about how I think his tweeting doesn't help him.  The two posts are not related in any way.  I think you're having a major misunderstanding here.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not about Biden a week before the election. Yeah, ok.  So you just get to sling shite about Trump, and are exempted from a comparison to the guy who may have his job. Very Dohnuff of you. 

Why do I need to say anything about Biden, you all do enough of that already.  All I'd be doing is joining the echo chamber.  What this site lacks is an opinion against Trump.  I don't like Biden and don't think he should be President, why do I need to say any more?  I don't show him support.

My God man, I responded to your post before about why I don't like him.  The tweeting crap is not my response to you about why I don't like Trump.  Go back and read my responses.  I responded by quoting you as to what I think Trump has done poorly and what I dislike.  In a separate post I was responding to someone else about how I think his tweeting doesn't help him.  The two posts are not related in any way.  I think you're having a major misunderstanding here.

I answered your other post as well.  You haven't posted anything of substance.  It's all touchy feely I don't like his tweets crap.  I'm trying to give you a chance but, based upon your responses, I think you might want to look at things other than this being a conservative bored as to why you aren't getting the conversations you want here.  It's not simply your differing opinion.  It's your inability to back it up with anything of substance. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

I answered your other post as well.  You haven't posted anything of substance.  It's all touchy feely I don't like his tweets crap.  I'm trying to give you a chance but, based upon your responses, I think you might want to look at things other than this being a conservative bored as to why you aren't getting the conversations you want here.  It's not simply your differing opinion.  It's your inability to back it up with anything of substance. 

So, my response on how I don't like his policies on the environment, trade and not helping farmers, that was all touchy feely?  Nothing in my response to you had anything to do with him tweeting.

So, my response on how I don't like his policies on the environment, trade and not helping farmers, that was all touchy feely?  Nothing in my response to you had anything to do with him tweeting.

Are those posts in this thread?  If not, post links.  If they're as vague as most of your posts they won't really tell anything but I'm willing to read them.

Trump’s biggest accomplishment in his first term was probably to avoid expanding or any new foreign conflicts. His economic accomplishments are overblown. You’d expect a booming stock market and 1% drop in unemployment when you drop trillions in tax cuts and corporate deregulation. Once a Dem is in office the GOP will revert back to deficit hawks and want to balance the budge through austerity cuts.

None of this stuff is all that different than what you’d get from any other mainstream Republican. The big difference is that Trump is a much, much bigger ass hole. 

My life is unlikely to change much regardless of who wins next Tuesday. Why would I vote for the spray tanned clown who flirts with Nazis and tweets like a preteen girl? 

• Sad 1

Are those posts in this thread?  If not, post links.  If they're as vague as most of your posts they won't really tell anything but I'm willing to read them.

Trump's trade war hurt farmers.  Farmer bankruptcies are up.  While net farm income has gone up it is still off it's peak in 2013.  If it wasn't for his massive aide deal it would have been worse.  People express how much they dislike bailouts yet Trump doubled the auto bailout.  Conservatives pissed and moaned about the deficit and Trump promised to wipe it out yet he's increased it, by a lot.  He has hurt farmers, which is a big deal in Iowa.

Trump has reversed a lot of environmental policies that I think could really do a lot of harm.  I do agree that some of the old policies may not have been fair but I think they could have been revised, not just reversed.  I think his policies are going to lead to more pollution.  Trump called for a 30% increase of logging on public lands.  Overall, Trump has weakened environmental protection.

I have a concern with what Trump and Devos are going to do with our education system.  He talks about changing what is being taught and I worry about what he wants to change in history classes.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Trump’s biggest accomplishment in his first term was probably to avoid expanding or any new foreign conflicts. His economic accomplishments are overblown. You’d expect a booming stock market and 1% drop in unemployment when you drop trillions in tax cuts and corporate deregulation. Once a Dem is in office the GOP will revert back to deficit hawks and want to balance the budge through austerity cuts.

None of this stuff is all that different than what you’d get from any other mainstream Republican. The big difference is that Trump is a much, much bigger ass hole. 

My life is unlikely to change much regardless of who wins next Tuesday. Why would I vote for the spray tanned clown who flirts with Nazis and tweets like a preteen girl? 

To be fair, he did have a booming stock market and great rate of unemployment before COVID hit.  That wasn't really in his control.

Well, current polls show that Trump is losing everywhere. 

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

To be fair, he did have a booming stock market and great rate of unemployment before COVID hit.  That wasn't really in his control.

The economy was going strong when he came into office. He enacted a massive tax cut and it got a little stronger. Now it’s in the tank. I don’t blame him entirely for that. Neither do I think lowering unemployment by 1% is much of an accomplishment while you’re running trillion dollar deficits. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

The economy was going strong when he came into office. He enacted a massive tax cut and it got a little stronger. Now it’s in the tank. I don’t blame him entirely for that. Neither do I think lowering unemployment by 1% is much of an accomplishment while you’re running trillion dollar deficits. 

The economy was definitely strong when he came to office but I give him credit for keeping it going strong.  I really thought he would screw it up right away but he didn't.  He wasn't the disaster I expected him to be.

The absolute best thing Trump has done is stop the left's warmongering and bring troops home.  This peace won't last under Biden.  

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Can’t argue with MDC. MSNBC hasn’t reported the 4 historic peace treaties trump is responsible for so Trump has done nothing

I get a kick out of reading his posts when he takes a break from trolling and tries to get serious. He never disappoints.

• Haha 1