Sign in to follow this  
fricker66

Don't you people have any hobbies?

I was out since Thursday on a camping trip.

Gardening

Fishing

Camping

Skiing

I used to hunt, but hunting sucks in Texas so I quit when I moved here.

Tried a little bit of woodworking.

Many other hobbies as well.

46 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

They must be a new company, I lived in Bozeman for 10 years and have never heard of them.

Did you live there during the time when The Big Bang Theory had Sheldon moving to Bozeman only to get robbed when he first arrived at the bus station?

Just wondering how the "Bozites" took it...

This episode was in January 2010...

9 minutes ago, posty said:

Did you live there during the time when The Big Bang Theory had Sheldon moving to Bozeman only to get robbed when he first arrived at the bus station?

Just wondering how the "Bozites" took it...

This episode was in January 2010...

I did live there at the time, and I remember that being the talk of the town, however I did not watch big bang theory. Bozeman did not have a bus station at the time. How could you get robbed at a place that does not exist.

Even today they do not have a bus station, greyhound just picks you up and drops you off at walmart.

https://www.greyhound.com/en-us/bus-station-760078

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I did live there at the time, and I remember that being the talk of the town, however I did not watch big bang theory. Bozeman did not have a bus station at the time. How could you get robbed at a place that does not exist.

Even today they do not have a bus station, greyhound just picks you up and drops you off at walmart.

https://www.greyhound.com/en-us/bus-station-760078

:banana:

Probably why they used a "bus station" since Bozeman didn't have one...

3 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Very cool.  That looks like a nice set up.  

Just a word of advice.  Don't buy leaders from them.  I bought some fly line and leaders from them on Amazon.  The line was fine, but the leaders were pretty bad.  They tangled really easily and were not to the strength that they were advertised.  Spend the money on some Scientific Angler or Rio leaders.  For a few bucks more, you will get leaders that don't snap or snarl, which will save you a ton of aggravation and they won't snap when a fish hits.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fricker66 said:

Just a word of advice.  Don't buy leaders from them.  I bought some fly line and leaders from them on Amazon.  The line was fine, but the leaders were pretty bad.  They tangled really easily and were not to the strength that they were advertised.  Spend the money on some Scientific Angler or Rio leaders.  For a few bucks more, you will get leaders that don't snap or snarl, which will save you a ton of aggravation and they won't snap when a fish hits.  

I will do it, man. Thank you. 

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fricker66 said:

Spend the money on some Scientific Angler leaders.  

I got two Bass leaders from Vail Valley Anglers. :headbanger:

28 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I was dirt poor when I was a fly fisher. I had to tie my own flies, make my own leaders, etc. Making leaders is really easy and much cheaper.  Another option that many people like is furled leaders, however I never got into them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I was dirt poor when I was a fly fisher. I had to tie my own flies, make my own leaders, etc. Making leaders is really easy and much cheaper.  Another option that many people like is furled leaders, however I never got into them.

I know I would enjoy fly tying, but I have too many interest and drains on my time already. I am just stoked to finally be getting a decent fly fishing set up. 

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

I know I would enjoy fly tying, but I have too many interest and drains on my time already. I am just stoked to finally be getting a decent fly fishing set up. 

I am surprised, I thought you would have had a collection of rods. 

That is a good price point.

I own one nice sage, but my other rods are price point temple fork outfitter rods. I used the TFO rods more than the sage and could not tell a difference. Although I found the 8 weight and the 4 weight both more useful than the 6 weight in montana and that may have played into it.

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

It’s more enjoyable to make your own stuff when you can. Especially when fishing, hunting or trapping. 

2 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

👍

9 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am surprised, I thought you would have had a collection of rods. 

That is a good price point.

I own one nice sage, but my other rods are price point temple fork outfitter rods. I used the TFO rods more than the sage and could not tell a difference. Although I found the 8 weight and the 4 weight both more useful than the 6 weight in montana and that may have played into it.

Oh, I do have some nice rods, including a custom saltwater spinning rod I had made for me. It was designed for fishing Newport Bay. I used it with a Shimano Baitrunner spinning reel. I have heavier saltwater rigs, and a fresh water bait casting set-up. I just never got anything decent for fly fishing, which is kind of dumb, since its is all I want to do any more.