Sign in to follow this  
fricker66

Don't you people have any hobbies?

I'm looking at the thread titles going down the page and 80% of them are political.  And most of them are douchey.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, fricker66 said:

I'm looking at the thread titles going down the page and 80% of them are political.  And most of them are douchey.

I did, but my onions didn't regrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think what we are doing is the hobby, though some do take it personally...

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

It's not always political.  Sometimes we talk about cancer or dead people.

Yeah, I’ve got a 10-pager on my new hobby in cancer and major surgery recovery.  As a bonus, I get to kill time posting here in a quixotic attempt to get Newbie/Observer to provide an intelligent response. :thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I get to kill time posting here in a quixotic attempt to get Newbie/Observer to provide an intelligent response. :thumbsup: 

Yeah like that will ever happen...

skiing and scuba when I can.  Food and beverage, but do not cook how or as often as I would like.

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, I’ve got a 10-pager on my new hobby in cancer and major surgery recovery.  As a bonus, I get to kill time posting here in a quixotic attempt to get Newbie/Observer to provide an intelligent response. :thumbsup: 

I'm hoping that your new hobby becomes a thing of the past.  (P.S. That is not a death wish...it is a full recovery wish).  

21 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Collecting bootleg music and ghost hunting are my main two. 

Have you found any ghosts?  

8 minutes ago, fricker66 said:

I'm hoping that your new hobby becomes a thing of the past.  (P.S. That is not a death wish...it is a full recovery wish).  

Thanks.  :cheers:

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I go bass fishing.

I'll bet that you've caught more bass than TEK has caught ghosts.

Just now, fricker66 said:

I sure hope so.

1 hour ago, fricker66 said:

Honestly man ALOT of guys live on this board. If you say you’ve got hobbies or a life outside this they take it personally cause they don’t. 

As far as hobbies go, got a ton of them. Makes it hard to go do any when I’m studying most of the time though. 

28 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Food and beverage, but do not cook how or as often as I would like.

Yeah, I've seen quite a few of your food posts here -- you definitely know your stuff.  Back in my big posting days here, before going to the Sanctuary, I posted a lot of food and cooking threads here.  I was in the food business for a few years, and still cater a two parties per year for long-time customers.   My wife and I also host a number of dinner parties during the year since nobody in our age group seems to know how to do that.    We do a 5-to-7 course dinner for 12 of our friends around Christmas that is very cool....I've even developed a few signature dishes that get repeated every year.  This smaller party was morphed from a large open house that we formerly hosted around the holidays.   We ultimately decided that we didn't like most of the people who were freeloading on our food and wine, so we cut the list.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Honestly man ALOT of guys live on this board. If you say you’ve got hobbies or a life outside this they take it personally cause they don’t. 

It appears that this board is now populated by many people who are flustered by their lack of Twitter or Instagram followers.

1 hour ago, fricker66 said:

When you say hobbies, do you mean other than banging your Mom?

Just now, Strike said:

Obviously, comedy and creativity are not a hobbies for you.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Also, my Mom has been dead for 10 years, so enjoy the dust.  

I was a chef for about 12 years. Also a level 1 somm .... became a f&b purchaser for 2 resorts (one in Vail, one in Napa). Now consult for food and beverage entities in Sonoma County.  On the run often with little time to prep/slow cooking.  almost everything these days is grilled, roasted, or sauteed. 

Obviously, comedy and creativity are not a hobbies for you.

Lighten up, Fricker.  The only real question with that response is why it took 20 posts for someone to post it.  That was a softball if we've ever had one.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Lighten up, Fricker.  The only real question with that response is why it took 20 posts for someone to post it.  That was a softball if we've ever had one.

you forgot .... can size?

Stocks, home cooking, crypto, building a house.

I've been running a lot. Other than that my family takes up all my time.

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Now consult for food and beverage entities in Sonoma County. 

We did a Sonoma trip a few years ago.  Really liked the group that ran Truett-Hurst and VML, and loved the Williamson tasting room in downtown Healdsburg.  I still buy some wines from TH and Williamson.  I found Sonoma County to be 10x nicer than Napa...like being in someone's home v. being in someone's business. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Stocks, home cooking, crypto, building a house.

I've been running a lot. Other than that my family takes up all my time.

Are you actually building the house, or do you have a builder involved?  Acting as your own GC?

1 minute ago, fricker66 said:

Are you actually building the house, or do you have a builder involved?  Acting as your own GC?

I have a thread posted here. I have a builder and after a year and a half I close next week.,

Just now, Cdub100 said:

I have a thread posted here. I have a builder and after a year and a half I close next week.,

I didn't see the thread because it was overwhelmed by threads about Trump, Biden, Pence, Harris, Pelosi, et al.

• Like 1

I didn't see the thread because it was overwhelmed by threads about Trump, Biden, Pence, Harris, Pelosi, et al.

I totally understand. Seems to be that way literally everywhere. If they ain't talking Trump they are talking COVID.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Unless they make you wear a mask. :lol:

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Unless they make you wear a mask. :lol:

:ninja: Not gonna do it!

If I had waited a year and half for my house to be done, I'd wear a tutu to the closing if that's what it took to close.  

If I had waited a year and half for my house to be done, I'd wear a tutu to the closing if that's what it took to close.  

That's a ridiculous amount of time to get a house built.

Took us a month to close on our house. Was staying with my sister and BIL at their mansion while I waited on it. I thought a month was too long lol. 

29 minutes ago, fricker66 said:

We did a Sonoma trip a few years ago.  Really liked the group that ran Truett-Hurst and VML, and loved the Williamson tasting room in downtown Healdsburg.  I still buy some wines from TH and Williamson.  I found Sonoma County to be 10x nicer than Napa...like being in someone's home v. being in someone's business. 

Napa has changed significantly over the past 20 years.  I often recommend healdsburg/russian river vs napa to friends who come out to visit.  I still have my favorite wineries and restaurants, but it is more corporate and commercialized.  

46 minutes ago, fricker66 said:

I've seen some freaky stuff. I don't believe that "Ghosts" are the spirits of the dead. I think it has more to do with string theory and other dimensions and parallel universes. 

Take residual hauntings. That's where people see a "ghost" that does the same thing every time. It goes to the bookshelf and sits in a chair. Every time. It never interacts with the living person and it happens where the place is built on Limestone.

That seems to me to be more of some sort of glitch in space time. I've never seen one of those. The ones that interact with people...I don't know what those are but again I think it's inter-dimensional rather than spirits of the dead.

I've been stalked in the woods by an unseen entity. I've been poked. Seen things moved. And in St. Augustine at the St. Francis Inn after communicating with something with an EMF saw what was like a flash at the end of the bed that flew into a closet. 

Also when I was a kid, my parent were throwing a party and we were going next door to get a game and we all saw like a white mist rise up from the ground in a horse pasture. 

I also avoid "Evil" hauntings. Fock that. I look for more Casper type things. It adds a little adventure to a vacation. Most of the time nothing happens, but every once in a while something happens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Good luck with that. You would be better off hunting ghosts.

18 minutes ago, fricker66 said:

I'm very anti mask. And while I'm not a dipsh1t who thinks I can kidnap the governor I hate her and the policies she has enacted. She is destroying this state IMO. Masks are part of it and I ain't doing it.