crackills

Collusion Watch....?

this team X is 1-3 is trading Carson and Godwin to...

Team Y 3-1 for Mike Davis and Metcalf

Thing is... team X has no other RBs to speak of and Godwin is likely only out another week.

Team Y is getting stacked... 

I’m just waiting for one of these threads to actually be collusion..

2 hours ago, crackills said:

kicker is this is between father and son and every year they pull borderline trades to try to stack the better team

does one team or the other (or both) make playoffs/win money?

The trade really doesn’t make sense for team x. The WR part is pretty much a wash. Long term Carson more valuable than Davis. Heck, next week Davis may be obsolete. 

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

The trade really doesn’t make sense for team x. The WR part is pretty much a wash. Long term Carson more valuable than Davis. Heck, next week Davis may be obsolete. 

Thats exactly my thoughts.. collusion doesn't have to mean you're trading Kamara for desean Jackson. I could understand if the 1-3 team is trying to get better.. but in this case its only getting worse. Top 3 places get paid and its a $100 per team league

6 hours ago, crackills said:

kicker is this is between father and son and every year they pull borderline trades to try to stack the better team

Why do you still play with them?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crackills said:

Why would you still allow them in the league if it’s been an issue every year? 

Its a horrible trade, M Davis will be worthy of a f/a once Mccaffery returns.  

I've known a lot of these guys for ~20 years so dont necessarily want to stir the pot and get feelings hurt... plus neither one of them ever finishes top 3, i might have to tell them only one of them can play starting next year.

Hold on do you mean Godwin, as in the TB receiver? If so you threw me off by misspelling it goodwin. Yeah, that would be a trade I might actually vote down, and I'm pretty liberal about not doing that...

It’s a bad trade no doubt, but just to play devils advocate, the 1-3 team could be thinking they don’t have time wait around for Godwin to get healthy. Are you sure these two are cheating and you don’t just have two bad fantasy players? Are they rejecting better offers, only to accept low ball? They could just be making trades with the most convenient person to trade with.

7 hours ago, jrokh said:

I’m just waiting for one of these threads to actually be collusion..

Ditto: nothing to see here,  P.S Metcalf is a god!

6 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

It’s a bad trade no doubt, but just to play devils advocate, the 1-3 team could be thinking they don’t have time wait around for Godwin to get healthy. Are you sure these two are cheating and you don’t just have two bad fantasy players? Are they rejecting better offers, only to accept low ball?

Ok, but getting M Davis back for C Carson. 

When Mccaffery returns what value would you give M Davis vs Carson

i can see what your points about Godwin but getting Metcalf and Davis for Carson and Godwin, that’s fishy. 

And OP said they have been making boarder line trades every year.  

to add more color...

1. these guys do always make borderline shady trades.. and i have warned them before while still letting it go through( i have a feeling that one guy is running both teams but have no way of proofing) 

2. The 1-3 team X lost Barkley and so far has 2 waiver pick ups and 5 moves - most of the pickups are kickers. His only starting RB is Carson.

3. 3-1 team Y  has 9 waivers, 14 moves and 1 trade - obviously much more active

Anyway.. i vetoed the trade.. lets see what happens.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Ok, but getting M Davis back for C Carson. 

When Mccaffery returns what value would you give M Davis vs Carson

i can see what your points about Godwin but getting Metcalf and Davis for Carson and Godwin, that’s fishy. 

And OP said they have been making boarder line trades every year.  

I wouldn’t do the trade, just playing devils advocate. A 1-3 team is probably looking at the next couple of weeks trying to get a couple of W’s and if we’re just looking at the next week or two the Metcalf Davis side is probably stronger. In a vacuum this trade I see a bad owner who didn’t do enough shopping around. If they have a history of this, then that’s one thing, but this trade by itself without full context of rosters, doesn’t make me think collusion, just a bad trade...I’m also low on Godwin, since he seems to have a long time lingering hamstring issue.

39 minutes ago, crackills said:

to add more color...

1. these guys do always make borderline shady trades.. and i have warned them before while still letting it go through( i have a feeling that one guy is running both teams but have no way of proofing) 

2. The 1-3 team X lost Barkley and so far has 2 waiver pick ups and 5 moves - most of the pickups are kickers. His only starting RB is Carson.

3. 3-1 team Y  has 9 waivers, 14 moves and 1 trade - obviously much more active

Anyway.. i vetoed the trade.. lets see what happens.

Right move.  

32 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

I wouldn’t do the trade, just playing devils advocate. A 1-3 team is probably looking at the next couple of weeks trying to get a couple of W’s and if we’re just looking at the next week or two the Metcalf Davis side is probably stronger. In a vacuum this trade I see a bad owner who didn’t do enough shopping around. If they have a history of this, then that’s one thing, but this trade by itself without full context of rosters, doesn’t make me think collusion, just a bad trade...I’m also low on Godwin, since he seems to have a long time lingering hamstring issue.

Like I said I do see you point about Godwin and Metcalf, and I think it’s a very good point. 

Metcalf is a super stud, if he’s in the deal it’s worth it. Godwin? What has he done this season? But yes the father and son are shady af.

I see nothing wrong with this trade....simply looking at player for player.

4 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

I see nothing wrong with this trade....simply looking at player for player.

So you think Carson and M Davis are even trade? 

This question isn’t a judgement, it’s simply an understanding of how you see this.  

Just now, weepaws said:

So you think Carson and M Davis are even trade? 

This question isn’t a judgement, it’s simply an understanding of how you see this.  

No, Carson is better than Davis.  But Metcalf is better than Godwin.

3 hours ago, Drizzay said:

No, Carson is better than Davis.  But Metcalf is better than Godwin.

And  remember, Carson is the owners only starting rb. 

My answer is this: find another league.

If these two make questionable deals every year, why are you there?

I'm not gonna look at the analysis of the specifiic trade you speak of.   That is because if you had any sense you would have left so you dont have to deal with this nonsense every year.

Edited by Ray_T
accidental submission before comments were done

Nothing wrong with the trade - geez, you just don't want to see a team get better 

If this is an ongoing thing as you say, I'd consider eliminating trades next year.

I've been the commish of a league since 2006. After 5 years of putting up with blatantly lopsided trade requests, slightly lopsided trades requests, & yes, a few that seemed fair to me,

I eliminated trading. Even the ones I approved because they seemed reasonable to myself & a majority of team owners, were met with whining from a couple others. 

A few people groaned, but eventually they all just accepted it.

If you want to play fantasy football, play fantasy football, if you want to trade, open an account at Schwab :)

49 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

If this is an ongoing thing as you say, I'd consider eliminating trades next year.

I've been the commish of a league since 2006. After 5 years of putting up with blatantly lopsided trade requests, slightly lopsided trades requests, & yes, a few that seemed fair to me,

I eliminated trading. Even the ones I approved because they seemed reasonable to myself & a majority of team owners, were met with whining from a couple others. 

A few people groaned, but eventually they all just accepted it.

If you want to play fantasy football, play fantasy football, if you want to trade, open an account at Schwab :)

Almost no leagues at RTSports allow trading, and they have a large and devoted following--so yes, the game can be played without trades.

39 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Strictly based in players involved in this trade, I see zero evidence of collusion. 

That's what I said - nothing to see here. Davis looking good and let's see what Metcalf does

Team A trading his only starting RB for a backup who will be droppable once CMC is back in a week? Shady AF.