Sign in to follow this  
Law

Claypool

I had a league where I coulda kept Mostert on my IR list for another week, but this last-minute uncertainty about the Titans game (and my Derrick Henry) forced me to activate Mostert this week and drop a guy I had picked up as a lottery ticket for my IR guys last week--yep, you guessed it, Chase Claypool.

Guess I should go drop a COVID nod in the FU thread this week...

18 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I had a league where I coulda kept Mostert on my IR list for another week, but this last-minute uncertainty about the Titans game (and my Derrick Henry) forced me to activate Mostert this week and drop a guy I had picked up as a lottery ticket for my IR guys last week--yep, you guessed it, Chase Claypool.

Guess I should go drop a COVID nod in the FU thread this week...

Man i would not have dropped him. Im not being hindsight guy either. He is the next Mike Evans. He is going to be special. I actually got him in the third round of a 14 team rookie draft this year. Insane he fell that far.

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Man i would not have dropped him.

I guess I liked Thielen, Woods, Chark, Tate, MWilliams and Alshon Jeffery better, at the time.

If diontae wasn't hurt, claypool likely wouldn't have seen this much production.

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

If diontae wasn't hurt, claypool likely wouldn't have seen this much production.

No he wouldn't, but this is legit talent. Not just a blip

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I started him in one league. Julio was out. I was already starting keelan Cole in multiple leagues. And I just had a feeling

Great call, congrats. 

The best part of these threads...the people racing to post their humble brags like they knew something and weren't desperate.

This bored is always consistent.

👏

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I just prefer guys with upside

Like Mitchy, who you liked to tell us was so good?

So, with Diontae out again tomorrow, who's gonna try to catch lightning in a bottle with Claypool again? If so, what are you realistically expecting, and who are you starting him over?

I am considering starting him over Hollywood Brown tomorrow and love his upside, but also realize that his floor is low. Of course, on the positive side, Claypool is facing a Browns D that gives up the second most FF points to receivers. However, even with Diontae out, both Smith-Schuster (34) and Washington (32) ran more routes than the 23 that Claypool ran last week.

24 minutes ago, stonewall said:

So, with Diontae out again tomorrow, who's gonna try to catch lightning in a bottle with Claypool again? If so, what are you realistically expecting, and who are you starting him over?

I am considering starting him over Hollywood Brown tomorrow and love his upside, but also realize that his floor is low. Of course, on the positive side, Claypool is facing a Browns D that gives up the second most FF points to receivers. However, even with Diontae out, both Smith-Schuster (34) and Washington (32) ran more routes than the 23 that Claypool ran last week.

I think read somewhere Cleveland gave up a lot of those points to the slot. But I still think he could go 4-100 and a TD

I think Juju will have a fantastic game 

Well, we will soon find out if he deserves a new nickname in FF circles:

Chase "The Points" Claypool

The real test will be when DiJo returns, and his effectiveness... regardless, I don't think that Chase is going anywhere and foresee some frustrating games for ff owners who have Pit WRs...

I was able to get him in 4 of my 5 leagues. He is now helping someone. 😀

33 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Have they found their new AB?

The new AB is Di Johnson. Claypool is the new Plaxico Burress....without the baggage. 

11 minutes ago, Law said:

Claypool is the new Plaxico Burress....without the baggage.

.....but does he know how to properly handle a handgun?

Pittsburgh just drafts stud receivers every year.  Meanwhile, the Edelman is still the focal point of the Pats passing game.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Meanwhile, the Edelman is still the focal point of the Pats passing game.

Damiere Byrd, who played with Newton in Carolina, is coming on strong...

27 minutes ago, Decimator said:

So now what do you do if you have both Claypool and Johnson? Flip a coin?

trade one

I would start the hot hand. 

On 10/23/2020 at 1:45 PM, weepaws said:

I would start the hot hand. 

This is sound, logical advice.

1 hour ago, Buttmonkey said:

This is sound, logical advice.

Looks like the hot hand which was the right pick, didn’t produce, life as a ff owner. 

On 10/23/2020 at 3:01 PM, Decimator said:

So now what do you do if you have both Claypool and Johnson? Flip a coin?

Start the one who gets all the targets.  That will create a high floor.  Claypool may have some flashy weeks but Johnson will give the steady WR1 production, assuming he doesn't get hurt.

18 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Dion is out again now right?  Injury

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/10/diontae-johnson-dodges-significant-injury-on-eve-of-critical-division-game/

Fortunately, it doesn’t appear to be serious, as he told reporters after the game. “Yeah, I’m good”, he said. “It was just a little ankle bruise or whatnot, but nothing going to keep me out of the game. I’m doing fine. I’ll be ready next week”.