Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Should I pick up Chargers D/ST for this week?

Currently down 5 in a PPR, I have Gostkowski to go and he has Keenan Allen.  I know I’m the underdog but stranger things have happened.

However, I’m currently starting the Pats D.  I originally planned on leaving them in because I’ve had bad luck streaming defenses this year (2 negatives so far, partially because our league penalizes giving up a lot of yards...which apparently is standard in ESPN leagues now).  So I didn’t want to risk another negative (case in point, if I picked up one today it probably would have been Jax who got -1), and i also didn’t really want to drop anyone I have.

But now with the matchup coming down to Monday/Tuesday night, I’m wondering if I should go for it.  Chargers are the only team available still to play.

Options to drop are Pats D, D’Andre Swift, or Josh Kelley (10 team league, I know I know)

I’m guessing the recommendation will be to drop Pats D, but I’m leaning towards staying put because I’m not too confident in the Chargers and the Pats are currently the #5 D/ST in my league so was hoping to try to stick with them and not sure I’d get them back on the WW.   If I did pick up the Chargers, I was honestly leaning towards dropping Kelley as I’m not sold on him, but seeing some of his rankings makes me hesitant (Justin Jackson is actually still on the WW, but not much after him at RB).

I think Swift has more value than Kelley long-term, but I’m 2-2 and looking at 2-3 so also need to get some wins to be in better playoff position...

Yeah, you're pretty much toast.  Not worth dropping a worthy player for a one-time D in a hopeless effort anyway.  It doesn't sound like Ds in your league are likely to score double-digit points (at least not against teams like the Saints)--and that's even if Gostkowski even gets to play his game.

Thanks, yeah that’s kinda what I was thinking (well I wasn’t totally hopeless personally haha).

I do think Titans/Bills happens though, and if it doesn’t and that’s announced tomorrow the Chargers kicker is available—that swap I probably would make.

Ten team league, and the Jags where the best def team available, do a lot of teams in your league roster two def? 

A few do yeah.  Jags weren’t the best, but they had one of the best matchups (supposedly).

In terms of points, the best was Cleveland but that was really just because of their game against Washington and they’ve given up 38 points twice.   Next was Philly and they scored -1 yesterday.

Cleveland and Miami were the only teams on the WW to score double digits yesterday.

I'd start LAC DEF with Thomas out. I'm pretty sure they're decent vs RB's.

In my 3rd league I had to replace NE yesterday and I took a flier on HOU. I got 9 points and won by 2 points.

I wouldn’t trust the Chargers def in the House Bress built. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I wouldn’t trust the Chargers def in the House Brees built. 

Another old man who'll be lucky to get 250 yds and 1TD tonight.

2 hours ago, RabidSeaCows said:

Another old man who'll be lucky to get 250 yds and 1TD tonight.

Maybe.