Sign in to follow this  
FlyinHeadlock

Rational Thinking With Women

Early voting is Tuesday, Tonight is Sunday. I stated I'm voting next week. All hell breaks loose. She tells me me Tuesday is not next week. It's actually this week. I'm ok, well that's not how most people see it. Monday would be a new week. No. She tells me I'm nuts. Most people regard it as not next week. WTF?

She then tells me to ask people from my work for their opinions on it. I already know the answer. Monday is the start of a new week. WTF. I finally just gave up and stopped arguing about it. Most retarded conversation I have ever had with a woman. She is very intelligent but this episode I have no explanation. It's like telling someone they will lose the game of billiards if they hit the white ball in. They sink it and then tell me I lost...meh. 

The correct answer is....

... rat's ass.

If you are arguing semantics and have to look up the answer on page 308 of some grammar usage book, its something else that is wrong.

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

The correct answer is....

... rat's ass.

If you are arguing semantics and have to look up the answer on page 308 of some grammar usage book, its something else that is wrong.

Pretty much. 
This is what it was like at my house, every focking day. 

In America the first day of the week is Sunday. In the rest of the world especially in communist countries, the new week starts on Monday.

Your b1tch is smarter than you are.

• Like 1

If it's Sunday and you refer to the upcoming Tuesday as "next Tuesday" then you're retarded.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

In America the first day of the week is Sunday. In the rest of the world especially in communist countries, the new week starts on Monday.

Your b1tch is smarter than you are.

:thumbsup:

I’m surprised this argument wasn’t had many years ago. If there’s something important happening “this week,” the two of you are on different weeks.

The "start" or "end" of the week is irrelevant.  The upcoming day is "this"....  So if it's Friday and you mean the coming Monday, it's this Monday.  If you're talking about the following Monday, it's next Monday.

• Thanks 2

Internationally the start of the week is Mon. Middle East it's Saturday and most Western countries it's Sunday. Anybody could be wrong depending where they are. Regardless though, I have never woke up Sunday morning thinking the start of a new week...meh. 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The "start" or "end" of the week is irrelevant.  The upcoming day is "this"....  So if it's Friday and you mean the coming Monday, it's this Monday.  If you're talking about the following Monday, it's next Monday.

This.

I think the point of the OP was “is this really worth arguing about?”

According to the majorIty of posters here, like almost everything else, hell yes!

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

If it's Sunday and you refer to the upcoming Tuesday as "next Tuesday" then you're retarded.

It frightens me there are people this stupid out there. 

21 minutes ago, Old School said:

I think the point of the OP was “is this really worth arguing about?”

According to the majorIty of posters here, like almost everything else, hell yes!

Maybe not worth arguing about, but worth making sure the two of you are on the same page.  If it's Sunday and my wife says we have dinner plans with friends this Saturday, I know which Saturday she's talking about.

6 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Maybe not worth arguing about, but worth making sure the two of you are on the same page.  If it's Sunday and my wife says we have dinner plans with friends this Saturday, I know which Saturday she's talking about.

I work Mon-FRI. Each MON starts a new work week. Weekends are called weekends because they are the end of the week. They don't call Sunday weekbegining...meh. Not saying I'm right, just makes sense to me. 

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I work Mon-FRI. Each MON starts a new work week. Weekends are called weekends because they are the end of the week. They don't call Sunday weekbegining...meh. Not saying I'm right, just makes sense to me. 

Wanna fight about it?  Flagpole...3pm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

This.  The Good Book even says so.

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Thank you.  I used to use week boundaries but as others have pointed out, it led to confusion.  This method avoids it.  :thumbsup:  

They came up with a numbering system to help with this type of confusion, HTH

Rationale Women....I think that is an oxymoron....

Semantics but Sunday is indeed the first day of a new week. Zero people actually think that way though and it’s universal that Monday is the dreaded beginning of a new week. 

You guys are all wrong. The correct answer is:

Punch that broad right in the eye and tell her to get back in the kitchen where she belongs!!!