Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Confirmation hearings for Hon Amy Coney Barrett

Underway...

Feinstein has pictures of people,on easels behind her, that have benefited from Obama are. Most of her opening remarks are focused on Trumps claim to dismantle ACA.

Look at all these focking fossils!!! Is this a hearing or a museum?

TERM LIMITS IS WHAT WE SHOULD BE CONFIRMING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

TERM LIMITS IS WHAT WE SHOULD BE CONFIRMINING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

True story👍

3 hours ago, edjr said:

TERM LIMITS IS WHAT WE SHOULD BE CONFIRMING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

that my exact first thought when i checked it out. jesus. might get a bunch of AOC types though :doh:

While I understand the sentiment, I'm not in favor of term limits.  I think there should be things done to ensure that politicians are earning their spot, but just kicking them out, in my opinion, is not the way to go.

The left wants technical issues in the worst way for those who are remote. I would put nothing past them in trying to screw up the remote feeds, sounds, etc., so they can whine about that.

They should just vote and get over it.

19 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

While I understand the sentiment, I'm not in favor of term limits.  I think there should be things done to ensure that politicians are earning their spot, but just kicking them out, in my opinion, is not the way to go.

The President gets 2 terms.  Isn't it interesting that Congress voted on that, but not their own jobs.  :dunno:

21 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Earning? who gets to judge that? stop it

Kamala said the process is illegitimate. She’s a lawyer. RBG felt differently.  

Done for the first day. Just opening statements from everyone. Dems all talking about Obamacare or Roe vs Wade or how awful the GOP is for different treatment of Merrick Garland etc. as their talking points. GOP defend her on her reputation and merits. Two long days of question and answer to follow. Up to Lindsey Graham to keep the train running on time and thwart the Dems attempt to slow/block things more than they are allowed to under the rules.

The results are pre-ordained, the GOP will be able to get her through. It's just how much sand the Dems can throw in the wheels to slow it down. 

It just so happens that I have a sex fantasy imagination regarding Amy Coney Barrett that's at least as good if not better, and just as valid, as Christine Blasey Ford's but you'll be happy to know that I haven't offered my testimony to the Dems.

6 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

People watch this type of thing? 

😶 I did. 

I thought It was sexy when ACB took off her mask to get a drink of water.

8 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Yes. Now go back to your hole, troll. 

18 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Yes. They’re known as “focking losers.”

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Any political party is going to have constipation in this situation. It doesn't matter though. The blockage will be discharged. Anyone thinking the Democrats would have some pious shall not nominate in the same circumstance is a phucking reatarded azzwhipe. If they were in this situation I would approve. I may not like it but Constitutionally they can do it. Don't loose the Senate and Executive branches next time which is the main takeaway. They won and can do it. Those are the effin rules. Tough effin shLt 

If the Democrats want to be pissed off then it should be about RBG not stepping down when Obama begged her to do so. She would not do it. If not for that they would have had a young liberal judge. RGB is the thing they should all be upset about because she screwed you over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yes. They’re known as “focking losers.”

You’re having a bad day .  Lol. 

I just like seeing Republicans spike the football or slam dunk over top the Democrats, depending on your favorite metaphor.

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I just like seeing Republicans spike the football or slam dunk over top the Democrats, depending on your favorite metaphor.

If they try to stack the court it's going to fail. Even if they do achieve it, it will still fail. At some point they will lose power and then they die by their own sword. Just leave it alone. They lost this round. Own it and move on. The system works. They had power for a while and now there is a change because they did a shltty job. They did such a shltty job they lost all 3 branches and Donald Trump got elected. That's how bad of a job they did. Own that as well. It's not Trump. It's your own crap policies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

The President gets 2 terms.  Isn't it interesting that Congress voted on that, but not their own jobs.  :dunno:

It was FDR who suggested and backed it, not Congress.

3 hours ago, edjr said:

Earning? who gets to judge that? stop it

The people voting are judging that, pretty obvious, no?

Elections have consequences. Their great leader was the one who said that. Now they don’t like it 

• Thanks 1

They created Trump. They suck so bad people took a shot on a reality TV show host. That is how bad the Democratic Party sucks. People finally said phuck this BS. That is on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This gal is incredibly impressive. Nice choice, we'll all be better off once she is sworn in.

Another great move by Trump. 

:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

This gal is incredibly impressive. Nice choice, we'll all be better off once she is sworn in.

Another great move by Trump. 

:thumbsup:

Qualifications are not important when its politics; for either the Dem's or Repub's.

The Dems are so short-sighted too.  If ACA were to come up for a vote to SCOTUS at 8 bodies, a 4-4 vote is likely, and that results in the lower court ruling standing, in this case to the detriment of the ACA.   Yet, no one is calling that out as they pretend she is some threat to ACA.

In truth they simply feel like their social agenda is at risk if this candidate is confirmed, solely because Trump picked her, and for no other reason other than that.

These people are children.

More like Amy Horny Barrett

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

More like Amy Horny Barrett

I see what you did there......

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Hirono is insufferable. 

Yeah, I have to admit, not as bad as AOC, or Pressly, or Omar, but damb close.....you really get the sense from her that she lacks any notion of professionalism and would happily sign away her soul if it meant pursuing some small shiny object.

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

The notepad

checkmate

She made a meme for us.

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

Had her youngest kid at age 40.

Guess what happened. :ninja: 

What ? She gets a seat on the Supreme Court 

Made liberals cry ? What ? 

25 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Whos that ugly ignorant illiterate kunt from Hawaii? 

You finally narrowed the democratic list down when you got to Hawaii.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Whos that ugly ignorant illiterate kunt from Hawaii? 

I'm not tuning in but that'd be Masie Hirono, the dumbest member of the US Senate.

Just now, Voltaire said:

I'm not tuning in but that'd be Masie Hirono, the dumbest member of the US Senate.

I just woke up and have some things to do. I'll catch the highlight.

So can someone give the cliff notes? Not watching it. Been busy all day and just got back home from dinner.