Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Confirmation hearings for Hon Amy Coney Barrett

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

what do think about the hypocrisy relative to Garland?

Obama was President but the Senate was controlled by the GOP,  hence Garland isn't on the Supreme Court.  It's not the same thing.

Now....of course its political.  I have no illusions that one side does things for political reasons and the other doesn't.  :dunno:

Both sides are hypocritical....but that's not really the question.  The question is.....is this constitutional and have precedent?  Yes and Yes. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Obama was President but the Senate was controlled by the GOP,  hence Garland isn't on the Supreme Court.  It's not the same thing.

Now....of course its political.  I have no illusions that one side does things for political reasons and the other doesn't.  :dunno:

Both sides are hypocritical....but that's not really the question.  The question is.....is this constitutional and have precedent?  Yes and Yes

Correct.

On 10/13/2020 at 7:14 PM, TimmySmith said:

What?

Down’s.

You know what they say about women over 40: If the pregnancy’s hard, you’re having a tard. :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

You know what they say about women over 40: If the pregnancy’s hard, you’re having a tard. :thumbsup: 

Never heard that before.  I am glad to hear it from you so I don't have to think less of anyone else. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Never heard that before.  I am glad to hear it from you so I don't have to think less of anyone else. 

You’d have to be retarded to have a kid after 40. Don’t blame me that’s just science.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Down’s.

So, your mom had you whe she was 90 years old and struggled the whole time. Makes sense.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

You’d have to be retarded to have a kid after 40. Don’t blame me that’s just science.

Tammy Duckworth had one at 50. This is our moment. I'm reaching across the isle and agreeing with you.

11 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Tammy Duckworth had one at 50.

Her husband never smiled again. :( 

Shes amazing,  thank got that ugly hag finally passed on and our country gets a great upgrade in every aspect.  

miserable feminazi hags biggest gripe with her is that she is a good mom and has too many kids for their liking :wacko:

bitter bitter people. can't comprehend how a mother of 7  can rise to the supreme court while they can't decide what color to dye their hair or feed their poodle that they treat like a kid. so then they attack her downs kid. pure class :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

miserable feminazi hags biggest gripe with her is that she is a good mom and has too many kids for their liking :wacko:

bitter bitter people. can't comprehend how a mother of 7  can rise to the supreme court while they can't decide what color to dye their hair or feed their poodle that they treat like a kid. so then they attack her downs kid. pure class :thumbsup:

Nailed, lefty losers should be mocked and laughed at repeatedly.  

57 minutes ago, crackattack said:

I really really like her. I can't stress that enough. I got a crush on her 💘 

Same. 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Down’s.

WOW. In nearly 20 years here, I can't remember the last time I read something so focked up. 

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

WOW. In nearly 20 years here, I can't remember the last time I read something so focked up. 

They are who we said they are. 

2 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Really?  Cause we've said some focked up stuff.  :unsure:

There probably is some truth to it. Woman in their 40's have been exposed to more harmful chemicals than a younger woman on average. Hard and tard however are likely not in scientific journals on the subject.  

6 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

There probably is some truth to it. Woman in their 40's have been exposed to more harmful chemicals than a younger woman on average. Hard and tard however are likely not in scientific journals on the subject.  

MDC was only speaking from very personal experience.

1 hour ago, crackattack said:

I really really like The New Girl. I can't stress that enough. I got a crush on her 💘 

Same.

3 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

He's technically not wrong :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So they vote as a committee to recommend her to the full Senate on the 22nd and McConnell starts holding hearings on the 23rd.

As a precursor, there was a Dem delay tactic in the committee that the GOP shot down 12-10 in a straight party line vote.

McConnell says he has the votes. All of the "not during an election year" GOP members have come around. He has Romney. Of his 53 votes, he may lose Collins and Murkowski, Dems would still need to peel away two more GOP members and there are none to be found. They may even lose some of their own, Manchin voted for Kavanaugh and may do so again for ACB. There will not be any Dem votes, both Manchin and Tim Kaine, who voted for her to the circuit court, will vote against because of the "too close to the election" rationale.

8 hours ago, Voltaire said:

So they vote as a committee to recommend her to the full Senate on the 22nd and McConnell starts holding hearings on the 23rd.

As a precursor, there was a Dem delay tactic in the committee that the GOP shot down 12-10 in a straight party line vote.

McConnell says he has the votes. All of the "not during an election year" GOP members have come around. He has Romney. Of his 53 votes, he may lose Collins and Murkowski, Dems would still need to peel away two more GOP members and there are none to be found. They may even lose some of their own, Manchin voted for Kavanaugh and may do so again for ACB. There will not be any Dem votes, both Manchin and Tim Kaine, who voted for her to the circuit court, will vote against because of the "too close to the election" rationale.

Misogynist Dems are playing the unconstitutional card here under the guise of the will of the people.  So yeah, she'll get no Dem votes and never would have under any circumstance. She'll get all of the Republicans,  they have already committed.  If, somehow, Trump loses the election,  this Judge will be the last piece of a glorious puzzle that have have saved the US for a few decades. 

I was surprised to find out the other day that there are like five or six Catholics on the Supreme Court now? I'm not anti Catholic by any means, but that seems a bit much.

With that many Catholics on scotus, it's just a matter of time before scotus declares crackers and wine to be biological material.

Of course, we have to overturn the death penalty. Because, eternal life and all that.

Not to mention Zombie Jesus.

• Confused 1

I love how the leftists pick and choose which religions to worry about.

The Muslims, oh they are fine and good, but Catholics....oh man, those EVIL Catholics....

They really seem to think we are stupid enough to fall for this sh!t

Just now, RLLD said:

I love how the leftists pick and choose which religions to worry about.

The Muslims, oh they are fine and good, but Catholics....oh man, those EVIL Catholics....

They really seem to think we are stupid enough to fall for this sh!t

Um excuse me.   Islam is the religion of peace.  

• Haha 1

Just now, supermike80 said:

Um excuse me.   Islam is the religion of peace.  

Oh yeah, uhm, right, guess I forgot.... 🤤

Good times...

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I was surprised to find out the other day that there are like five or six Catholics on the Supreme Court now? I'm not anti Catholic by any means, but that seems a bit much.

40 million Catholics in the country that can read and write at grade level. Seeing as you have to exclude about 200 million based on that it’s not out of line. 

13 hours ago, wiffleball said:

There are six+one= seven Catholics and now down to two Jews. Potatomayor is allegedly Catholic.

Gorisch was raised Catholic but is Episcopal, so I was sneaky, the one in the  six+one formula isn't ACB but Gorsich.

When I think of which dystopian nightmare future is worse, If I had to choose between woke or Islamic fundamentalism, sign me up for Islamic fundamentalism. 

The democrats put pictures of so called victims in their chairs and didn't show up. 

:lol:  they're such focking childish losers.  

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

The democrats put pictures of so called victims in their chairs and didn't show up. 

Have to admit, that is funny as hell.....

47 minutes ago, drobeski said:

They behave just like kids on a college  campus with their little stunts. Did they all wear  black or white or purple too? 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They behave just like kids on a college  campus with their little stunts. Did they all wear  black or white or purple too? 

Were the "victims" wearing masks? 

what a bunch of disgusting focking losers. take your cardboard cut outs and shove em up ur ass.

2 hours ago, drobeski said:

Victims of what?  Voting for Democrats?