Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

OK Dak owners - what's your backup plan?

I had Dak as my QB in 2 leagues and was coasting. Damn!!! 

On team #1 my Backup is Big Ben - I am targeting Carr, Dalton

On team#2 my backup is Burrows - I am targeting Carr, Dalton, Goff

Any thoughts on who might be the better pickup for the ROTY

What is your backup plan or r who are you targeting on the WW? Anyone planning on trading for a QB?

Both those teams you already own one Qb, then stream if you need a second , and just play best matchup.  

Don’t see the need to roster two Qbs.  

11 minutes ago, MissionCoach said:

I had Dak as my QB in 2 leagues and was coasting. Damn!!! 

On team #1 my Backup is Big Ben - I am targeting Carr, Dalton

On team#2 my backup is Burrows - I am targeting Carr, Dalton, Goff

Any thoughts on who might be the better pickup for the ROTY

What is your backup plan or r who are you targeting on the WW? Anyone planning on trading for a QB?

I have Dak in two leagues. Big Ben as my #2 in both. Picked up Herbert in one league (week 7-11 Jck, Den, LVR, Miami, Jets)  and might just grab Dalton in the other as there isn't much available. Big Ben needs to stay upright for sure.

• Like 1

I think rostering a second QB depends entirely on the size of your league. I'm in a 14-teamer where the pickings are pretty slim on the waiver wire, so instead of grabbing a RB/WR I'm probably never going to start I don't mind having a backup QB. If there are a couple of injuries then you're covered, and you're stopping opponents grabbing a useful streaming option each week. 

Unless you have an elite QB like Mahomes or Lamar, in which case there's no point.

Dak was my only qb. 10 teamer. Fitz is out there. I'm thinking Bridgewater for the target. He seems to have a decent floor and schedule looks pretty decent. 

Dalton is kind of a wild card. Def is poor, so should be plenty of potential for chasing points. Zeke keeps opponents honest, and he has some weapons to work with. Schedule is not as good for him.

Minshew is there too. Has potential for big games, but also a lower floor than I like. Support is ok, same with schedule. Probably best as a streamer.

Herbert was available in trade, but I think that owner will keep him after tonight's good game.

I'll probably end up grabbing Bridgwater in FA. That league has the continual rolling waivers, and I'm up to #2. If someone wastes a waiver, I'll grab Fitz. I hate streaming QBs, seems to waste a roster spot, and I always play the wrong one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, show me the murray said:

I think rostering a second QB depends entirely on the size of your league. I'm in a 14-teamer where the pickings are pretty slim on the waiver wire, so instead of grabbing a RB/WR I'm probably never going to start I don't mind having a backup QB. If there are a couple of injuries then you're covered, and you're stopping opponents grabbing a useful streaming option each week. 

Unless you have an elite QB like Mahomes or Lamar, in which case there's no point.

I disagree, if I was spend a high draft pick on Mahomes or Jackson, I would want to back it up with another top qb.  

I would.  

Thats why I don’t chase qbs.  

20 minutes ago, jackjohn said:

Dak was my only qb. 10 teamer. Fitz is out there. I'm thinking Bridgewater for the target. He seems to have a decent floor and schedule looks pretty decent. 

Dalton is kind of a wild card. Def is poor, so should be plenty of potential for chasing points. Zeke keeps opponents honest, and he has some weapons to work with. Schedule is not as good for him.

Minshew is there too. Has potential for big games, but also a lower floor than I like. Support is ok, same with schedule. Probably best as a streamer.

Herbert was available in trade, but I think that owner will keep him after tonight's good game.

I'll probably end up grabbing Bridgwater in FA. That league has the continual rolling waivers, and I'm up to #2. If someone wastes a waiver, I'll grab Fitz. I hate streaming QBs, seems to waste a roster spot, and I always play the wrong one.

So you have three qbs that are available via f/a.  

Don’t worry about the right one for the rest of the season, that was Dak. 

Stream.  

I've got Cam on my roster and may sit tight but I think Dalton will do well.  Clearly the best weapons he's had to work with and I think he will be slinging it around like Dak was. 

Picking up Dalton may not be a bad idea.

He's not gonna put up the numbers Dak would but I think he can be a serviceable QB.  He'll have his moments and big games. He still has one of the most talented offenses and WR corps in the NFL. Zeke is still there to dump the ball off too. Plus, I think they may try and settle some of the play calling down a bit without a running QB. That would be good.

If you're out at QB and in need of immediate help, Dalton is probably as good a bet as anyone on the waiver wire. He probably won't win you the league, but hopefully will keep the QB spot from losing it for you

If you’re into turnovers and lack of chemistry, Dalton is solid.

Gallup made two great catches, these for not two great throws.

Minshew will ruin you’re life.

Teddy, Cam, Herbert... Mmmm yes please.

In larger leagues Dalton is gold since the wire will be pretty bare. In normal leagues this is one of the few years I’d say it’s ok to roster 2 QBs due to Covid shenanigans.

I have Dak twice -

league 1 -> Dalton, Minshew, Wentz, Carr, Lock

league 2 -> Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Herbert, Carr, Lock

I will pick up a couple and play matchups. 

I was more than happy to grab Dalton as a backup to Josh Allen. 

If you just lost Dak, you could do worse than Dalton. I’m curious to see how targets are split from here on out.

On 10/13/2020 at 9:00 AM, tanatastic said:

In larger leagues Dalton is gold since the wire will be pretty bare. In normal leagues this is one of the few years I’d say it’s ok to roster 2 QBs due to Covid shenanigans.

:thumbsup:This

Dalton as a QB did well in cinci while his line was good.  his numbers went south when the quality of his o line (and the team around him)went south.

i'd say this is a similar situation to Tannehill when he left Miami.

upon signiing in Tenessee last year i told everyone he would be the starter by mid season and he would put up better numbers than he did in miami.  i wasnt wrong on that.

While this situation was different in the sense that Dalton went to a team with a starter who wasnt at risk of losing his job, i felt if Dak got. hurt and Dalton got to play that he would do well here.   i still feel that way.

The offense is stacked,  the line may have injuries but its still far better than what he had to work with in Cinci.   he has better weapons in the offense both at RB and WR.

he wont put up Dak numbers, but will put up very serviceable numbers.

i also seem to recall that the Cowboys had a reasonably good schedule of soft defenses like last year (though i havnt checked lately to see if that still looks to be the case....)

if you are in a deeper league or a 2 QB league, i'd say Dalton is a must Add.

I wouldnt even be surprised if the team had better success with a more balanced offense.

Anyone know the status of Dak maybe going on IR?

In some of my leagues you can’t deactivate him unless on official IR 

He’s still listed as OUT