Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Josh Kelley droppable?

20 carries for 36 yards in the last 2 games and may have been overtaken by Jackson as the “starter” while Ekeler is out, and it’s not like Ekeler is even out for that long.

I know he has some decent matchups coming up, but it seems risky to start him based on his recent performances.

What’s everyone doing with him?  Does he have any trade value?

Looks like it to me. Too bad to as I needed him. Looks pedestrian while Jackson flashed Eckler-like ability. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

20 carries for 36 yards in the last 2 games and may have been overtaken by Jackson as the “starter” while Ekeler is out, and it’s not like Ekeler is even out for that long.

I know he has some decent matchups coming up, but it seems risky to start him based on his recent performances.

What’s everyone doing with him?  Does he have any trade value?

Based on your own testimony, no he doesn’t have must trade value. 

25 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Based on your own testimony, no he doesn’t have must trade value. 

Well yeah I wouldn't trade much for him if I didn't already have him.   Was just curious if anyone else saw value in him

He has some value as depth and an emergency start. Guys are only worth what they are worth compared to options you can pick up off the wire. If there are no better options on the wire, he’s worth keeping.

Someone just dropped TY Hilton. Rightfully so I guess, he's done absolutely nothing this year.

Although he did have 10 targets this week. If he clears waivers, I might drop Kelley & grab him.

Regardless of which one I have, they'd be nothing more than "depth and an emergency start" as tanatastic stated in the previous comment.

He has 11 PPR points last night if he's not tackled on the 1 yard line on a sweep from the 7, and he had another goalline carry that would have given him a monster night.

It's looking like a true 1A/1B situation while Ekeler is out, so good luck figuring out who gets 20 pts and who gets 10 pts in any given week--but I wouldn't call him droppable in any but the smallest and shallowest of leagues.

It will be interesting to see which of them, if either, retains value when Ekeler returns.

2 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Someone just dropped TY Hilton. Rightfully so I guess, he's done absolutely nothing this year.

Although he did have 10 targets this week. If he clears waivers, I might drop Kelley & grab him.

Regardless of which one I have, they'd be nothing more than "depth and an emergency start" as tanatastic stated in the previous comment.

I would keep Kelley. 

1 hour ago, The Shepherd said:

Actually, I thought he looked pretty good when he got carries.

I dunno, I wasn't paying super close attention but to me it looked like most of the time he would just run hard for a few steps and then fall forward.

Forgot he has a bye this week too, so for where I have him, "he gone"

I’m hanging as long as Ekeler is out. He’s nothing special, but has a set role and is getting goal line carries. He would be the best back on the wire by far should I drop him. (I laugh loudly every week seeing suggested RB pickups. Mattison was drafted and has been rostered all year).

All the cautious optimism from earlier in the year is gone. Jackson looked a little better Monday, but is also a JAG himself. 

Both of LA’s starting tackles should be back after the bye, which should help. 

I’ll take the goal line carries and hold. And hope Ekeler is a fast healer. Jackson’s been in the league a few years and really hasn’t shown he is more than a fill in.