rrmcguire

trade advise

Have Wilson and Allen at QB

RBs are: Conner, Akers, Justin Jackson, Swift

would you trade Allen for any of the following: David Johnson, Antonio Gibson, or Myles Gaskin

tried to trade for James Robinson but I don't think that will happen

11 minutes ago, rrmcguire said:

would you trade Allen for any of the following: David Johnson, Antonio Gibson, or Myles Gaskin

Probably the wrong bored but pretty slow today, so no harm done. No I wouldn't for those guys. I'd rather trade Wilson for a better RB if possible. 

• Like 1

only really person to trade with as other person lost Dak and was their only QB.......figured one of those guys could bolster my running backs and I could pickup Fitz or Cousins next week during Wilson's bye

11 minutes ago, rrmcguire said:

only really person to trade with as other person lost Dak and was their only QB.......figured one of those guys could bolster my running backs and I could pickup Fitz or Cousins next week during Wilson's bye

In that case, If I had to pick one it would be DJ. His next 3 games are Tenn, GB, Jax, all bottom run D... GL

37 minutes ago, rrmcguire said:

QB's only have trade value in 2QB leagues and even then, it's minimal.  In my 2QB keeper league, I have have Allen and Mahomes and I can't get anything of value for them.  Josh Allen is averaging 30 ppg and I couldn't even get Tyreek Hill who's averaging 19 ppg.

TBay would you trade Allen for Johnson, Gibson, Gaskin? Pretty sure they won't trade Robinson

just trying to get a consistent running back along with my others Akers and Swift have upside....worried Conner will get hurt each week.

It's "advice".

I cannot believe you can't get anything more for Allen than that mess.  It would have to be Johnson but I am unenthused when I watch him plod around the field.  Then again Conner does the same thing......I know, I own him.  Sllllloooooowwwww.

You may end up being alright with the guys you have.  Conner is scoring.  Akers/Jackson/Swift all could/should get a bigger piece of the action with their teams

I tried offering Allen for James Robinson, but no go......

my receivers are: McLaurin, Godwin, Crowder, Higgins, Shenault, Hilton

I thought about offering Allen and Crowder for Gaskin and Davante Adams

I just don't see myself playing Allen over Wilson ever this year and this is an opprtunity to upgrade my RB

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

QB's only have trade value in 2QB leagues and even then, it's minimal.  In my 2QB keeper league, I have have Allen and Mahomes and I can't get anything of value for them.  Josh Allen is averaging 30 ppg and I couldn't even get Tyreek Hill who's averaging 19 ppg.

Not for the ownwr who lost Dak , who the OP said was is only Qb.  

So for that owner who just lost their only Qb , a Wilson or Allen might be worth a lot to them. 

53 minutes ago, rrmcguire said:

I tried offering Allen for James Robinson, but no go......

my receivers are: McLaurin, Godwin, Crowder, Higgins, Shenault, Hilton

I thought about offering Allen and Crowder for Gaskin and Davante Adams

I just don't see myself playing Allen over Wilson ever this year and this is an opprtunity to upgrade my RB

Like Gaskin and Adams. 

Why don't you try Allen and Crowder for a good RB, like a Kareem Hunt or Joe Mixon, or even better

You have to remember that the Dak owner also sees the waiver wire. So offering Allen seems like a big piece, but in reality, he should be looking at the upgrade from Fitz to Allen. I'm not giving up a starting rb for that upgrade. If you can work a fairly even trade, adding Allen may put it over the top.

I'm ahead in the waivers and going to pickup Fitz......if you did do the trade would you trade jackjohn would you trade for any of the 3....David Johnson, Gibson, or Gaskin?

As others have previously said, QBs don't have a lot of stand alone value, but they make for a decent sweetener when paired with another player in a 2 for 1 deal. It's very league dependent, but a team may be willing to take a hit at a more valuable position if they think they can make it up with an upgrade at QB while also getting a serviceable replacement. 

51 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Not for the ownwr who lost Dak , who the OP said was is only Qb.  

So for that owner who just lost their only Qb , a Wilson or Allen might be worth a lot to them. 

I doubt it.  I'm not giving up a starting RB for ANY QB, especially since QB's are a dime a dozen in the NFL anymore.  Virtually every fantasy starting QB will get you 18+ ppg.  If he packaged a decent player along with a QB, he might be able to get someone, but one-for-one, he's not getting anything good.

He's also putting himself in a situation where he's depending on a mobile QB to stay healthy all year with no backup plan.

Even more of a reason why the value of QB's are devalued.  Better QB's generally throw the ball less because they're winning more often... even still, the variation isn't all that high.  Outside of Prescott who has a ton of talent to work with and a horrible defense, then next highest QB (Minshew - thus proving my point more), is averaging 27.4 comps per game.  After him, there are 25 other QB's averaging at least 20 per start.  In a 12-team league, if the top 18 QB's are taken, Ryan Tannehill at #19, is averaging 23.3 per game.  That's only 4 points than #2.  The kicker is... the top 10 (after Dak):

1. Gardner Minshew    27.4
  2. Joe Burrow    27
  3. Josh Allen    26.25
  4. Teddy Bridgewater    26
  5. Matt Ryan    25.8
  6. Derek Carr    25.6
  7. Tom Brady    25.2
  8. Kyler Murray    25.2
  9. Drew Brees    25
  10. Ben Roethlisberger    25

First off, that's a nominal drop.  Secondly though, in a normal scoring system, only 3 of them rank in the top 10.  Basically, it's helping lesser QB's catch up.

The half-point per carry creates a bigger separation in RB's.  There's almost 12 carries per game difference between the #1 RB (Henry - 27.3), and the #10 RB (Gurley - 15.8).  Myles Gaskin, as previously mentioned is 20th in rush attempts at 12.8 per game.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is QB6 in a standard scoring system... in this league, he's probably still top 10, and he's a free agent.  I'm guessing there's another top 15 QB available as well.  To get Allen or Wilson, I'd only offer up a mid range RB3.

point taken...with that would you trade Allen for...David Johnson, Antonio Gibson, or Miles Gaskin as I don't think I'll be able to get James Robinson

Oh.  Then my answer is fùck no I wouldn't trade Josh Allen for any of those guys.  

26 minutes ago, rrmcguire said:

point taken...with that would you trade Allen for...David Johnson, Antonio Gibson, or Miles Gaskin as I don't think I'll be able to get James Robinson

I would pick up Fitz and package him with someone like Jackson or Swift to get Gaskin.  You're giving up a part-time player with upside and a decent QB (who may have a shelf life), for a RB2 that you could start every week.  The other guy is getting a RB for depth and a top 10 QB who very well may play all season... it's a win/win in my opinion.

offer on the table is I get: Gaskin, Gibson, and Davante Parker    they get Allen, Swift, and Hilton

RB's would then be Conner, Gaskin, Justin Jackson, Gibson, Akers

would try and pickup Fitz or Stafford this week and go with Wilson rest of the way

I wouldn't do that deal if I'm the other guy.  I'm giving up 2 starting RB's for a QB and a RBBC?  On top of that, Parker is the better WR.  No way!  If that guy does this deal, you are a huge winner.

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

Why don't you try Allen and Crowder for a good RB, like a Kareem Hunt or Joe Mixon, or even better

I wouldn’t trade Hunt or Mixon for a Qb. 

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I doubt it.  I'm not giving up a starting RB for ANY QB, especially since QB's are a dime a dozen in the NFL anymore.  Virtually every fantasy starting QB will get you 18+ ppg.  If he packaged a decent player along with a QB, he might be able to get someone, but one-for-one, he's not getting anything good.

He's also putting himself in a situation where he's depending on a mobile QB to stay healthy all year with no backup plan.

Would agree, but that owner already drafted Dak , so he spent probably pretty high draft pick on a Qb, he might chase. 

1 hour ago, rrmcguire said:

offer on the table is I get: Gaskin, Gibson, and Davante Parker    they get Allen, Swift, and Hilton

RB's would then be Conner, Gaskin, Justin Jackson, Gibson, Akers

would try and pickup Fitz or Stafford this week and go with Wilson rest of the way

Take it 

1 minute ago, rrmcguire said:

Trade is done

I traded Allen, Swift, and Hilton for Gaskin, Gibson and Parker

Congrats 

That's a fair deal. You get 2 rb2 but both clear starters. TY and parker are a wash. Swift may be a year away yet, and Patricia is questionable with his rbs anyways. 

In non ppr Hilton is a avg 4 points per game, Parker 9.  

I think it was a steal of a trade.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

In non ppr Hilton is a avg 4 points per game, Parker 9.  

I think it was a steal of a trade.  

That may be, but I think TY will improve with more games played with Rivers, and Parker is an injury risk. That's my opinion from here on out. I guess we will see in a few weeks.

Hilton has played in 15 of his Team last 21 games. 

Parker has played in 21 of his teams last 21 games. 

I think Rivers is done.  With Pittman and Campbell both out I would have thought Hilton would already be producing more. 

Im sorry but it’s not close to even.  

Thanks. 

11 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

It's "advice".

Beat me to it :D

Also, wat is wrong with the Red Rocket  (aside the fact that he is a ginger) from Dallas?  I honestly think that he his going to put up very decent numbers for the rest of the year. :dunno:

Then again, I'm 0-5 right now, so don't listen to me