Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fricker66

Candy corn

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, fricker66 said:

Who came up with this bizarre idea?

I don't know but mix it with dry roasted salted peanuts and thank that person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fricker66 said:

Who came up with this bizarre idea?

I don't know, but i'm a fan...

:banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HTH said:

I don't know, but i'm a fan...

:banana:

This.  It's probably the trashiest, most low-class candy out there along with circus peanuts, but I am a fan.  🤗

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a candy corn/harvest mix fan too. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I am a candy corn/harvest mix fan too. :)

And do not sleep on their close cousin, the Mellowcreme Pumpkin.  🤩

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to really like candy corn, now it is just too sweet for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meglamaniac said:

I don't know but mix it with dry roasted salted peanuts and thank that person

This is the only way to eat them.   Poor man's salted nut roll.  :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was a kid I liked to eat them in sections based on the colors. First the white pointed end, then the orange middle, then the yellow part last

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, nospk said:

When I was a kid I liked to eat them in sections based on the colors. First the white pointed end, then the orange middle, then the yellow part last

Was it ever scientifically proven whether the three sections actually tasted different, or was it just an illusion based on the different colors?  🤔

I personally believe that they taste different.  :dunno:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Was it ever scientifically proven whether the three sections actually tasted different, or was it just an illusion based on the different colors?  🤔

I personally believe that they taste different.  :dunno:

Not sure about any proof, and I agree that each color must taste different. Same with the red white and blue bomb popsicles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed with the too sweet comment but outside of that they are fine by me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nospk said:

Not sure about any proof, and I agree that each color must taste different. Same with the red white and blue bomb popsicles.

Yeah, the white part seems almost like "icing", like pure sugar, the yellow part seems to be a little waxy, and the orange part seems to be the most crumbly and flavorful.  That's where the mellowcreme pumpkins come in...they're pure orange part.  😍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

When I was kid I hated it, now I like it.  :dunno:

I'm the exact opposite. Used to eat 'em by the handful as a kid. Wouldn't touch one today.  :dunno:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I'm the exact opposite. Used to eat 'em by the handful as a kid. Wouldn't touch one today.  :dunno:

 

Maybe you’re Benjamin Button. :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, frank said:

Maybe you’re Benjamin Button. :dunno:

Hmmmm.... 

My hair IS receding and I'm going to bed earlier these days. Give it a few years and I'll prolly be back in diapers. 🤔

You might be onto something. :dunno:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go with the "Autumn Mix", Candy corn with some chocolate added.  Yum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vomit said:

Go with the "Autumn Mix", Candy corn with some chocolate added.  Yum.

Just saw this at the grocery store yesterday but passed on getting some 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 1:13 PM, nospk said:

When I was a kid I liked to eat them in sections based on the colors. First the white pointed end, then the orange middle, then the yellow part last

I always ate the middle section first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, NorthernVike said:

This is the only way to eat them.   Poor man's salted nut roll.  :thumbsup:

Salty nuts. 

Nom. Nom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

Salty nuts. 

Nom. Nom. 

Where do I volunteer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I always ate the middle section first.

Wow, totally disregarding the Surgeon General's warning?  :o

No wonder you're in your current...condition.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 12:39 PM, fricker66 said:

Who came up with this bizarre idea?

I planted some in the spring, but they died. But with the cooler weather they have started to regrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×